Who Am I?

Figure It Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The constant beeping was the only sound that resonated inside the small room. Only one person was inside, laying peacefully in bed with her body covered in bandages and her left foot in a cast. It looked as though she'd been sleeping without a problem by looking at her face, but that would be a question once she wakes. 

The usual nurse comes inside to check on her vitals like usual, but today didn't seem like it would be the same with her daily visits. As the woman was checking to make sure that her leg was properly elevated, a sound had caught her attention and her eyes immediately go up to the sleeping woman's face. She sees the slight twitch of her left pinky and her eyes widen before she's heading out of the room and calling for the doctor when she she sees the confusion that falls on the once sleeping woman's face as soon as her eyes flutter open.

​​​The next thing that happens, a doctor is rushing in with nurses alongside him as they start to question her. "Does anything hurt?" He asks and she squints her eyes before shifting in place, only to wince and lay back down. "What happened?" Her voice is hoarse after not using it for too long and one of the nurses offer her a bottle of water before the doctor begins to explain. "We don't know what exactly happened, but you were found in Hangam Park, last year, before being rushed here. You seemed to have suffered a concussion, a few broken ribs, some lacerations, and a broken ankle." He tells her and the woman has to pause as she blinks rapidly.

A year? ​​​Was she in an accident?

​​​But the biggest question at the moment wasn't that. Her name. Why couldn't she recall her name?

​Due to this, her heart rate picked up as she began to panic. Where was she? How did she get there? Why couldn't she recall anything?

The doctor noticed this and quickly went to assure her that things were alright but her question causes him to pause and purse his lips together. "Who am I?" He asks her a few more things, none of the answers come to mind and he lets out a small sigh as she continues to stare at him in confusion. But before he can proceed, another man walks in wearing a suit and he looks as though he ran all the way there, which he did.

"Areum! Thank god, you're awake."  His presence is also unfamiliar and it frustrates the woman as she furrows her brows. "Ar... eum?" She mutters the name and it feels so familiar yet foreign at the same time and the man's face immediately falls before the doctor begins to explain her condition.

​​​​Amnesia.

She knew nothing and it made her feel so empty. She couldn't help the frown that comes to her face as she's helped to sit up while the man approached her. "Hey, I know you don't remember me, but if you still don't know, your name is Song Areum. You're actually pretty popular since you debuted a few years ago." He muttered while taking a seat after the doctor had done everything that was necessary and explained that she needed to stay for a few more days.

Popular? Debuted?

Her questions only seem to grow the more he spoke and it was giving her a headache. "Who are you?" She questions and he lets out a deep breath before crossing his arms. "My name is Daniel. I'm your manager. Even though you've been absent a year, I still look after ya." The way he spoke showed her no signs of insincerity, so she chooses to believe him, for now since she had no other options. "What happened to me?" She asks again and his face falls once more before he's shaking his head.

​​​​​​"I wish I could tell you, kid. But until now, we still have no clue how you ended up at the park in the state you were in." He tells her, and again nothing is answered. She just grunts while staring outside the window. "You said that you're my manager and that I was popular-"

​​"Still are." He corrects and she raises a brow before nodding. "What exactly do I do?" He crosses his arms and leans back. "Well, you perform, sing songs and give the people the performance of a lifetime." He explains and she doesn't seem to believe it right off the bat.

Her? Famous? 

​​​"Here, you can check for yourself." He hands her his phone, showing her a page that had her face and some more information that she knows nothing about herself. 

Born in San Francisco, California on May 4th, 1996. Debuted as a solo artist under YG Entertainment on September of 2015. And then any other information she found necessary, she stored in her mind, but she had to do a double take before looking at her so called manager. "What's the date today?" She asks and he purses his lips. "It's September, 2019."

​Areum pauses and lets the information sink in. There's so much that she doesn't know and so much she's missed. Her family, friends, apparently her fans as well. She continues to scroll through the mans phone because her phone was apparently no where in sight when she was found last year. She sees an article with her name in it and more follow.

YG Entertainment's newest solo artist, Song Areum, youngest to climb the charts with debut performance.

Solo artist, Song Areum, starring in new drama with fellow artist TOP. 

Song Areum confirmed to be dating BTS' Jimin.

She raises a brow, seeing herself in pictures with the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter