Rediscover

Figure It Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks of therapy has Areum feeling much better when she walks. There are times where she doesn't feel the pain when she tries to work, but it's only for a brief period before her leg starts to complain and she has to either sit down or use her crutches. Jisoo is constantly reminding her not to overwork herself, but she's determined to get better so that she won't have to keep relying on the girls for every little thing. Her memories were also coming back, little by little, so it helped. Fans were sending her messages of encouragement and she had even gone on live just to be able to thank them personally and get to talk to them.

The girls posted pictures and even a video of Areum during her therapy sessions and fans were giving the soloist more motivation as they cheered her on. Jimin's extra posts added to it, stating he was proud to see her working so well, but at the same time, worrying that she may be pushing herself too much.

Even with the knowledge that she is an idol, she still acts as though she were a normal person, who just had so many people knowing her name. She had gone to YG a few times just to speak with the CEO, welcoming her back and then briefing her on what they were hoping of her once she's back in commission. Though Rose doesn't like that she's already trying to work, she assures them that she doesn't mind. She noted that the girls weren't exactly fond when she had to meet with the CEO. 

​​​"None of the them are coming?" Areum questions as she enters the hospital with her manager walking next to her. "They all have an interview and photoshoot this morning until late in the afternoon. But don't worry, someone is coming to see you." He explains with a small smile and then patted her arm, bidding her goodbye as she heads over to the doctor who greets her with a kind smile. She was able to get to know more about her manager, also finding out the she had more than just one. She found it odd since she was only one person but he had to explain that managers held different groups as well so schedules tend to change, which she was able to understand.

"Well, Miss Song, I think everything is good for today. Just a few more and you'll be walking without a problem." The doctor told her and Areum grinned widely before bowing her head. "Thank you for taking care of me." The man laughs while shaking his head, assuring her that it was okay before he gestured to the door. "I think you should get going. Your companion has been waiting for you." Blinking, Areum nods her head and bids the man goodbye before she's making her way over to the door, only to pause when a figure lifts her head and their eyes meet.

The woman stands, chocolate brown orbs glossy with unshed tears but she desperately blinks them away and clears before she adjusts her scarf to reveal her face and Areum had to pause, her breath hitching in because the woman standing in front of her was absolutely stunning. "H-Hi." She stutters out and mentally facepalms for it but the girl smiles, though weak before she takes a step closer. "Hey."

​​They stand there, staring, before the woman clears  as she flashes another awkward smile. "I know you don't remember me but my name is Krystal. Krystal Jung Soojung. We, uh, we hung out a lot." Seeing just how much she struggled to speak about their supposed relation made Areum frown as guilt crept up her chest. Recently, that's the initial feeling whenever she meets someone 'new' and they look at her with sad smiles. There were a few that have cried at the reintroduction, but they do their best to assure her that everything is fine. Even though people are understanding of her situation, it doesn't ease the guilt every time she meets someone or a memory with a person comes up.

​​​​​​"I'm sorry." Krystal sees the grimace and she smiles softly before shaking her head. "It's okay. You don't have to apologize for that. It isn't your fault." But she feels like it is. If she just managed to remember things faster then there would be less people hurting because of her.

​​But Areum's thoughts are interrupted by a gentle hand laying on her shoulder. "Let's get going. I'm sure you're hungry since it's already half past twelve." Krystal ushers her outside, leading her to a silver car and then opening the door for her. After she fixes her scarf to cover her face, she was quick to place the mask on Areum's and then adjusting her cap for her. When they reached the car, Krystal was guiding her inside and then shutting the door once she was sure that the soloist was comfortable inside and then making her way to the driver's seat.

​​​During the whole time, the taller girl took note of the shorter brunette's actions and she wonders if they were friends or something more than that. Because the way Krystal was acting seemed more like a girlfriend fussing over her partner while they were sick. She's hesitant to ask, so she keeps quiet, even when the other keeps stealing glances when she thinks the soloist isn't looking, Areum notices her.

"So, I know you're staying with Blackpink, but your manager said they would be gone until later, so I hope-"

"Soojung?"

The call of her name has the older girl pausing as she gripped the wheel tighter and Areum knows that the girl is having a hard time. "Are we friends?"

​​​​It was such an innocent question yet it hurt a little too much. Krystal had to bite her lip before she hastily wipes away a tear and nods her head while keeping her eyes fixed on the road. "W-We are." She answers quietly and Areum purses her lips, not at all satisfied, so she pushes further, though not wanting to pressure the girl into speaking if ever she wasn't ready. "Can you tell me what our relationship was like?"

​​​​​The former f(x) member  in a deep breath as she recalled their friendship. As odd as it was, Krystal wasn't exactly too fond of the soloist because she had assumed that she was only nice when on camera because there was just no way someone with that kind of status would be that nice. How wrong she turned out to be when Areum was asked to guest in one of Krystal's shows.

​​​​​"We weren't friends at first." She admits and god it was embarrassing now that she looked back on it. "I personally didn't like you before we met." She chuckles and Areum blinks. Well that was an interesting start. "It's not like we had a fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter