Planning

Figure It Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A tense silence hung over the four girls as they waited for the van to reach their destination. They were all mulling over what they just discovered and none of them seemed pleased.

"Do you think she didn't trust us?" Lisa soon spoke up, disrupting the silence and catching the rest of their attention and Jisoo let out a sigh when she set her phone down on her lap. "I don't think that's the reason." She mumbled while running her fingers through her hair. "Areum has always been a reasonable person. Plus, she didn't seem to have told anyone about her and Krystal." Rosé added and Jennie merely scoffed. "For three months? I think we could have at least known if they were together that long." She grumbled while crossing her arms and glaring outside the window.

"Jennie, come on. It's not like it was her fault." Rosé tells her, her brows creasing with worry. "Who are you even mad at though?" Lisa piped up and Jisoo nudged the maknae to keep quiet, but she's already asked the question and Jennie scowled. "I'm not mad!"

"You looked like you were ready to tear someone's head off when Areum said Krystal was picking her up, earlier." Lisa reminds her and as much as Jisoo wanted to keep her from saying more, her and Rosé were just as curious. Jennie turned to direct her glare at the younger girl. "So? She can spend time with that girl for all I care. They can see each other as much as they like." She grunted and Jisoo shook her head. "We know that you're jealous. We all are, but getting upset like that isn't going to help anyone." The eldest of the group scolded. "Areum is dealing with a lot more right now and I don't think she needs something as petty as this to add to what she's dealing with."

"So you're saying to just let Krystal have her?" Jennie retorted, her face scrunching at the mention of the other girl. "That's not what I meant." Jisoo shot back. "Then what?"

"I doubt Areum would be jumping into a relationship with Krystal." Rosé cut in this time. "Just because she told her that they were together as more than friends, do you think Areum would just accept that as is and pick up where they left off?" She asked and Lisa agreed with her best friend while nodding her head. "She has no clue about anything around her. Her feelings aren't present either because it's like she's a blank page right now."

"But once she remembers, she's eventually going to fall back to her." Jennie argued. "Not unless she falls for someone else before she remembers." Rosé pointed out and the four grow quiet, glancing at each other. It was no secret that the girls had developed a crush on the soloist, after years of spending their time together, their relationship turned into more than they had thought it would and hoped to let it progress. But when they revealed the fact to each other, there was an air of awkwardness that settled among them.

"Hold on, we can't even be sure. Areum is a person and it's like we're thinking she's a trophy." Rosé argued as she leaned against her seat. "It's not like that. We'll just try and woo her the best we can and get her to fall in love with one of us." Lisa stated as though it were the most obvious thing in the world and Jennie scoffed. "This is Areum, we're talking about. The only time she's ever shown any interest in someome was when she and Jimin got together. We didn't even realize that she was crushing on the Jung."

"But that doesn't we can't try." Lisa retorted. "Why are you getting so pissy about it? You have a chance. Or maybe you're pissed because you're still hung up on Kai and you're just annoyed that Krystal is in the picture again." Lisa was treading on extremely thin ice as she said this and ChaeSoo looked worried for their maknae when Jennie grit her teeth and her glare hardened. "This has nothing to do with Kai. What happened between us is long gone and you know that."

Lisa rolled eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "Oh, please. Even though you claim that it's over and done with, we all know that you were pissed at Krystal because, in a way, she affected the relationship."

​​​​"No. The netizens were the ones who made those ridiculous comments."

​​​​"But they involved Krystal. And don't lie because we know how much people compared you guys."

"Can we stop talking about her?" Jennie snapped, irritable. "I thought I was done with competing with her, but God, things just had to be more complicated."

Just in time, they stopped in front of the dorm and Jennie exited the van, leaving the three behind as she marched up. Jisoo let out a sigh and shook her head before she sent the youngest a disappointed look. "You know that she's not comfortable with that." She reminded and the brunette raised her hands in defense. "I was just saying. She gets so tense whenever something reminds her of Krystal and even though she denies it, it's there. I mean, it's not even the girl's fault. She needs to understand that there's no actual competition between them because it isn't healthy. At the end of the day, Krystal is a part of Areum's life."

Without another word, they went and followed after Jennie, hoping to avoid any form of conflict despite Lisa and Jennie's argument. They could only hope that Jennie had cooled down after the whole day.

​​​As soon as they came in, Jennie was already in her room and Lisa went to her own to get changed. There didn't seem to be any signs of Areum so they assumed that she was still out with Krystal. In the meantime, Jisoo looked to the only member who was with her and huffed. "We need to talk this out."

So while they tried and settle their problem, Areum was in a restaurant, meeting with Jessica when Krystal explained how the older Jung wanted to see her again after the incident. Krystal was quick to spot her sister, leafing through the menu as the pair walked over. "Unnie!"

​Jessica looked up from what she was doing and smiled brightly at the pair. Her eyes fell on the figure next to her sister and her smile was more of relief as she stood up and hugged them, patting Areum's back before she told them both to take a seat. "How was the drive, no traffic?" She questioned and Krystal shook her head. "Ani, it wasn't actually bad so we got here on time, along with me driving." She boasted and Areum giggled while shaking her head as Krystal's sister rolled her eyes.

​​"Areum, I'm so glad to see you. How are you?" The younger girl smiled politely as she folded her hands on top of her lap. "I'm alright, getting better." She pointed toward the crutches. "My memory isn't as great yet, but I do recall some things. Also, with Soojung's help, I know things that the internet doesn't." Jessica nodde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter