BlackPink In Your Area

Figure It Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first day was one of the most nerve wracking moments for Areum. She stayed in the hotel room, being sure to stay away whenever the girls were going live or recording since she couldn't show herself just yet. The CEO has already planned how she would be introduced for the tour, so she didn't want to ruin his plans and the tour for the girls. Majority of the time, she would stay in her room when the girls were talking to the Blinks, other times, she covered up and the girls made up an excuse that she was one of their managers when she came a bit into the frame of the camera.

"Unnie, we're done." Lisa poked her head inside the room, only to pause and giggled when she saw the soloist fast asleep with a book placed on her chest. Walking further into the room, the maknae gently took the book away, making sure to bookmark the page and then setting it on the bed side table before she hopped on the bed as she started to shake the older girl's shoulder. "Unnie!" She dragged out. "Wake up, it's time for lunch!"

Groaning, Areum turned slightly before she's cracking one eye open to look at the Thai woman and then wrapping her arms around her. "Yah unnie!" Lisa squirmed in her hold, but she does admit that it was nice to be able to cuddle since she couldn't do it at night. "Five more minutes." Areum mumbled when she buried her face to the younger one's neck, earning a blush from the maknae.

​​​​Thank God she was too sleepy to notice.

​​​​Lisa let out a sigh as she got herself comfortable and hugged back. "Only five minutes because we have to start getting ready." She heard the older girl hum in agreement before she had gone back to sleep and Lisa wonders just how easy it was for her to do so. Even before, Areum was quick to fall asleep wherever she wanted whether it was in the practice room, the dining table, or even the waiting room. She just had a talent of making herself comfortable wherever she slept that her manager almost ended up calling the cops once, only to find her fast asleep in the bath tub of her own apartment.

With Areum's head resting on her shoulder, Lisa would carefully thread her fingers through her hair and hummed softly before she glanced down and smiled at how peaceful she looked. It had been a while since she's actually seen the soloist so peaceful since she had been stressing out about so many things after waking up with amnesia. She worried about the people around her and the things she said and did because she was afraid of possibly hurting the people who were involved in her life. It was one of the traits that she found admirable about the girl. 

Even with the lack of memories, she was still the same thoughtful and caring person she had always been. It was what made her stand out. The impact she had on everyone she met was that strong and she knows that there was no one she could ever compare to the soloist.

Unknowingly, Lisa was just watching over her for much longer than she intended because as soon as Rosé cleared , the younger one flinched before her eyes snapped towards the door, spotting the main vocalist standing there with her arms crossed over her chest. "I thought you were going to call her?" The Aussie rose a brow and Lisa smiled apologetically. "Mianhe, she wanted to sleep a bit more." She explains, showing no signs of moving from the position they were in and Rosé furrowed her brows.

​​​​​"If the two find out you just went and cuddled her instead of calling her, I'm sure they'll be annoyed." She tells her best friend, who rolls her eyes in response. "Oh, come on, it's not like I committed a crime." She retorted, shifting her position and tightening her arms a bit around the older girl as she felt her relax against her again. "I'm just saying. You know how jealous Jennie can get and Jisoo isn't going to be too happy either." Lisa sighed at her statement then looking curiously at the girl.

​​​​"And you?" Rosé stared at her for a while before shrugging. "I'd rather not start tour with problems." She answered simply before turning around. "Make sure neither of the two see you like that right now." With a huff, Lisa looks over to the peacefully sleeping girl and then decides to, albeit reluctantly, wake her up. "Unnie, let's go. The others are waiting." She called the other girl, pushing aside what her best friend had told her when she didn't get off the bed. ​​​​​

Areum whined as she was woken from her nap, her brows furrowing before a pout appeared on her lips that it made the other coo before poking her cheek. "Unnie, get up." She then resorted to pulling ar Areum's arms, forcing the girl to sit and then laughing when the girl whined even more. "Why do I have to eat?" She asked in a childish tone, causing the maknae to giggle. "Aish, you need food so you have energy for the concert later. Now come on before Chaeng finishes everything." She tells her and Areum groans as she follows after the younger girl by the hand. They take a seat next to each other and Jisoo raises a brow at the maknae while Jennie eyed their hands with a silent scoff.

"So, what time do we have to leave?" Areum questioned, not noticing the tense atmosphere due to her still being half asleep, leaning against Lisa's shoulder as she tried to wipe the sleep from her eyes. It made the latter grin, but the tension had only thickened with how Jisoo and Rosé were frowning and Jennie glaring at the maknae. "We have to get going after eating. Since you'll be a special performance, you're coming up halfway through the show." Jisoo answered and the soloist nodded as she took a piece of bread from the table. "Am I really going to be fine? I mean, this is your stage." She suddenly asked and they had all caught the worry that flickered in her eyes and Rosé placed a hand on her arm. "Unnie, relax. This is big for you just like it is for us."

"Speaking for all of us, sharing this stage with you is honestly exciting." Jennie added when she agreed to the chipmunk's statement. "We've shared a stage with you countless times before, so being able to do it again is like a dream come true." She added with a big smile. "Add to the fact that we're showing you back to the world. It's an honor." Lisa grinned while draping an arm around her shoulders. "Blackpink welcomes back Song Areum. It has a nice ring to it." Jisoo joked, happy to have gotten rid of the tension in the room.

"But what if I mess up? What if I'm not as good?"

The four girls looked at each other before Lisa shook her head and faced the soloist once more. "Unnie, you've been working hard ever since you woke up. You've been practicing for weeks aside from going to therapy and seeing old friends. Anyone in your shoes would have chosen to take a break, but you didn't. If anyone is ready for this, it's you." Rosé nodded her head with a smile. "It may not be the actual comeback, but we've heard you practicing, day and night. You've got this."

Areum stared at the four for a while. taking in their words before she in a deep breath and let it out slowly, a smile slowly coming to her face before she nodded, squeezing Lisa's hand as she nodded at them. "Okay."

By the time they arrive at the area, Areum takes another separate car, coming in through a different entrance but taking in the extra precaution of covering up when she arrives, along with her manager since people knew who he was. After getting inside, he leads her to the dressing room where she's immediately taken by the arm and being seated in front of the mirror. The makeup artist smiled at her as she started to apply a bit of make up since Areum had already put on a bit before arriving. "It's so good to see you again. I've missed your cute face." She joked as the soloist grinned broadly. "Thank you. I honestly feel nervous." She admits and the woman smiles more while shaking her head. "Ah, just like the first time I did your make up. You wouldn't stop squirming and I had to scold you for moving so much." She chuckled, catching Areum's attention as she stared at the older woman in wonder.

"What was I like back then?" She asked curiously and the woman beamed. "You're quite the character. You were a bumbling mess, but as soon as you hit that stage, it was like you were never nervous to begin with." She said before gesturing for the brunette to shut her eyes. "You were very bright, so full of life and excitement. I can tell that it's still the same even after a year." She had said, causing Areum to smile just as a figure walked in, grinning when she saw the soloist. "You never stopped growing throughout your career and I was very happy to be able to see you through the years." Her make up artist said, causing the young woman to smile at the thought of living her life so fully.

"You lived your life to the fullest, achieving your dreams and more." Areum then opened h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter