Ignorance Is Not Bliss

Figure It Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waking up with a groan, Jennie could feel the presence of someone next to her. Assuming that it was one of the girls, she didn't bother as she pressed up against them. However, when she catches a different scent, her eyes begin to flutter open. She was unfamiliar with it, but as soon as her eyes opened and she checked who was beside her on the couch, she was instantly awake as she bolted up right.

She did her best to keep herself from screaming, getting off the couch as quick as possible. Jisoo was fast asleep on one of the couches and Lisa was sound asleep on the floor with various pillows surrounding her. Rosé was nowhere in sight, along with Areum. The girl she had cuddled with just now, was still asleep as well and she made a face when she realized that she cuddled up with Krystal Jung.

The thought made her cringe and she was cursing up a storm in her head as she made her way to the bathroom. How did that even happen? She remembers falling asleep on Areum's shoulder, so how on earth did she wake up next to the baby Jung?

When she passed by the bedroom, she saw two figures on the bed and she understood just how it happened.

Her missing group member was sleeping peacefully with her head resting upon the soloist's chest, being held in a protective manner even when they were asleep. Jennie shoots her friend a glare but proceeds to the bathroom to wash her face, doing her best to forget about how she woke up.

Jisoo is next to wake up. She looks around in confusion first, not recognizing her surroundings before she remembers that they stayed in Areum's hotel room. After what they talked about last night, she had a lot to think about that she didn't focus on the movie they were all watching. Though she didn't really like that Krystal came in all of a sudden, she couldn't help but also feel a bit thankful that the girl was able to tell them what she knew.

And with how the girl spoke to them, she really was a kind girl. If it were any other circumstances, she thought that maybe they would have been friends, but she was her best friend's ex boyfriend's ex and it made seeing her, awkward. Add to the fact that she was also crushing on the same person all four of them were crushing on, there was no easy way of being friends with her.

Rosé let out a whine when she woke up. The warmth that she felt was so comforting and she just wanted to be wrapped in it as she tried to go back to sleep. However, her movements caused the latter to stir as she pulled the younger girl closer, much to Rosé's delight when she buried her face to her neck and Areum nuzzled her hair.

"Eumi..." She called sleepily and the latter merely hummed in reply, still trying her best to wake herself up and Rosé cracked her eyes open, smiling when she saw how close the other was and the feeling of her arms around her. If this was how Jennie woke everyday at their dorm, she would happily trade places with the other just to see this every morning. "What time is it?" She asked quietly, hearing the other's soft breathing and she smiled even more when the latter tightened her arms around her. "I don't know."

They both stayed like that for a while, still wanting to fall asleep. Rosé was surely awake by now, having adjusted on the bed so she could look at the soloist's peaceful expression as she slept. Seeing her so relaxed helped the Aussie feel at ease because it's only recently that it's started to dawn on her that Areum was alive and well with her. Seeing her being reunited with her family has also made her feel even more content because they knew just how much the soloist needed that sort of peace.

She began humming a quiet tune, her fingers running gently through her brown hair and her heart fluttered as she nuzzled more against herself. It caused a smile to tug at her lips before she's leaning down to press a light kiss on the crown of her head before she's laying her head back down while she let her finger carefully trace over her features. Her touch was light, featherlike, so that Areum wouldn't wake up.

She trailed from her left brow and down to her jaw, her eyes following the trail as if she was memorizing every detail, and her heart started to beat even faster. The light behind the soloist even helped cast a halo around her, making her look even more beautiful in Rosé's eyes before her stopped right under her lips. She stares for what seems like an eternity, failing to realize that she's leaning in until her eyes shift upwards and she sees that Areum is awake, watching her.

They hold each other's gaze for a while before she feels another hand wrapping around her own and Areum rubs her thumb against the back of her hand that the younger girl simply melts under her gaze and touch.

"Chaeng?" She's the one humming this time while Areum keeps her voice low, almost as though she was afraid that if she spoke any louder, it would burst the small bubble they were in. "You're really beautiful." The admission makes her heart swell and heat rose to her cheeks. It seemed like no matter how many times people complimented her, the effect Areum had on her would always be the one that mattered most.

But to her dismay, there was the sound of someone clearing their throat and both girls had to pull away to look at the intruder that Rosé mentally curses when she sees Jisoo giving her an unimpressed look, Lisa being right behind her with a frown and shaking her head.

"Hey, we have to get to our rooms so we can get ready." The eldest said, giving the blonde a pointed look and she sighs before nodding her head and reluctantly getting out of the bed while Areum did the same, stretching her arms and legs as she looked to the pair. "Are you heading out?" She asked curiously and Jisoo nodded her head. "We're g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter