Lost Trust

Figure It Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Getting into the van, everyone was buzzing in excitement. Jisoo and Lisa were practically shaking as they squirmed in their seats and Rosé's smile was as wide as it could get. Jennie, who had latched herself back on Areum's arm, was grinning from ear to ear when she was finally able to shower the younger girl with much more affection than she previously had.

"I can't believe this. This is really happening!" Lisa squealed as she shook her best friend's arm and Rosé laughed at her enthusiasm, though her energy matched the latter's as they looked to the soloist with bright and curious eyes. "Lili, calm down, it's not that much. I mean, I remember more but there are still some gaps." Areum chuckled at the maknae, who shook her head. "Still! You remember us! That's a huge thing!" The Thai cheered and Jisoo shook her head in amusement.

"So, hitting your head does jog your memories a bit." Jennie mused and the soloist shrugged. "After I was brought to the dressing room, I could recall a bunch of things when the pain went away." She explained while she toyed with the ring on her index finger. "I think the reason it hurt that much was because of how much I recalled." She tells them and they all nodded in understanding.

Lisa leaned forward while she gripped at the edge of her seat. "What's the thing you remembered first?" She asked and Areum hummed while she subconciously rubbed the back of Jennie's hand with her thumb, making the girl smile as she squeezed her hand. "Well, I recall how I met you all the first time. There was when Rosé accidentally dropped her coffee on me on the way to practive-"

A groan from the vocalist made them all laugh as she pouted. "Why do you have to remember that one? I thought I was free." She whined and Areum shot her a playful look. "And not tease you about how you wouldn't stop trying to buy me a new shirt?" She joked, making the blonde huff and stick her tongue out, though admittedly, she was more than happy to have the soloist back in their usual banter.

"I'm so curious. How does it feel, suddenly remembering everything?" Jisoo asked while she looked at her with a curious gaze and Areum leaned back in her seat while she stared up at the top of the van. "It's... confusing, to say the least." Her eyes closed briefly before letting out a breath. "I have these new memories, but then the old ones are back and it clashes with the new ones. It's like seeing someone else's life instead of my own, but it's still me."

They could see that she was struggling with her words, so they refrained from asking more of it. But being the observant person that she was, Jennie could see that there was something else that was bothering the brunette. So when the other three soon got distracted with something else, she took that opportunity to grab the girl's attention and lightly poked her arm.

"Hmm?"

Locking eyes with the younger girl, Jennie stared at her with a serious and worried look as she laced their fingers together. "What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" She asked softly and Areum smiled at her as she kissed her forehead then shook her head. "There's a lot." She started while leaning her head against the shorter girl's shoulder. "I still have some questions that need answering, but then again, it isn't as heavy anymore." Her eyes set outside the window while she mulled over her thoughts. "This experience has given me a chance to see people who really care about me." She stated softly and Jennie blinked as she heard the slight pain that laced in her tone, making a sudden anger flare inside her.

Someone was lying, and she wanted to know who it was so she could get rid of the problem. Whoever this person was, she was hating them, knowing that they were hurting Areum while she only wanted to prevent that.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked after a while of thinking on what to say and the soloist nodded her head, making Jennie inhale sharply before she finally managed to ask. "Do you... remember anything about the night you went missing?" As soon as it's out there, she feels the latter going still and she wonders if it was something that she could easily talk about.

Areum kept her eyes outside, her hold on Jennie's hand loosening as she tried to recall the things she's seen earlier. It made her frown. "It's all still blurry. I remember getting in a van but then... I don't know, I just keep seeing unclear pictures and no faces." She huffed while forcing herself to remember. She was capable of remembering the girls, so why couldn't she remember who had taken her?

"Hey." Jennie called softly, her free hand cupping Areum's jaw and staring at her face when she forced her to look back to her eyes. "It's okay. We have time." She whispered gently as she let the pad of her thumb run gently against her cheek. "I told you, don't force yourself in remembering. It's only going to wear you out." She tells the younger girl when she leaned closer as she pushed a few rebellious strands of hair that kept getting on Areum's face.

 

Watching as her manager went about her room, Areum stayed quiet while she sat on the couch while the male busied himself with organizing her schedule and telling her what she had to be ready for.

It has been a while since Areum's recovered more of her memories, and more were gradually filling in the gaps, but Daniel looked more and more tense with the more she knew. He always wore the same anxious face, snapping when she asked for a few things that didn't relate to her work schedule.

It was all frustrating and Areum has had just about enough of it.

"Oppa, would you mind taking a seat for a while?" She called out and the male paused in his steps, his head turning to look at the girl. "I'm not done finalizing your schedule yet." He replied with an uncertain tone, making the girl huff. "It won't take long." And by the look on her face, he knew better than to disobey. Daniel took a seat on the couch farthest from the idol and she leaned back, arms crossed over her chest while she regarded the man.

She didn't need rocket science to tell that he was nervous, if his fidgeting didn't make it any more obvious. "So..." He cleared his throat as he finally had the capacity to look her in the eyes. "Is there something you want to talk about?" He asks her and Areum's eyes narrowed while she pursed her lips together. "You're aware that my memory isn't as empty as it was, right?"

There was a slight bite to her tone, though she wasn't trying to be harsh, there was a hidden emotion in her expression that the man found difficult to pinpoint. "Yes, I'm aware." He muttered and Areum stared at him while she rested her elbows on her knees, her fingers laced together under her chin before she spoke carefully. "I'm giving you this one time to tell me the truth, oppa." The man let his eyes drop to his hands. "Why did you take my notebook and what did you do with it?"

Her tone had softened a bit when she spoke. The earlier demeanour fading as she waited for her manager to speak and he swallowed thickly. "I..." Areum sat patiently while he tried to think of what he could possibly say as he was caught red-handed. He didn't even know that the soloist knew he had it, but now that he did, there was no point in lying.

"I... used your unfinished song." He finally said and that was enough to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter