Liar, Liar

Figure It Out
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeah, breakfast at Tiffany's and bottles of bubbles
Girls with tattoos who like getting in trouble
Lashes and diamonds, ATM machines
Buy myself all of my favorite things

Making eye contact with Lisa, Areum flashed her a small grin as the younger girl sang before taking over for the next verse.

Been through some bad , I should be a sad
Who woulda thought it'd turn me to a savage?
Rather be tied up with calls and not strings
Write my own checks like I write what I sing, yeah

Walking closer to each other, fans started screaming when the soloist leaned forward and moved her hips with Lisa standing right behind her, moving her own as practiced while they sang.

Even though Lisa knew that all four of them would have their own stages, she decided to go for a bolder approach with the choreography of the dance. At some point, her hand even rested atop Areum's as she gave her a flirty smile.

My wrist, stop watchin', my neck is flossy
Make big deposits, my gloss is poppin'
You like my hair? Gee, thanks, just bought it
I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it

Watching from the side, the three fixed themselves since they would be having their own stage with Areum as a means to bid her goodbye. Though they hoped to have her present until the end, they couldn't argue when Areum said that she was going to be speaking with YG and discuss a few things with regards to her own comeback and the issue with her manager. Tour was close to ending, but the soloist also stated that she wanted them to treat this for their own group, so they complied.

For Rosé's stage, Areum asked her what she wanted to do and it was no surprise that the Aussie decided on a Disney song. The soloist had no complaints about, even smiling as she discussed the song with the latter until they finalized what they picked out.

All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been

They've both agreed that Rosé would be taking Rapunzel's parts while Areum handled Eugene's just so the younger girl could have her Disney princess moment. She had been so touched by the soloist's thoughtfulness that she ended up hugging her to no end.

Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here suddenly I know
If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go

It all made the Australian giddy to be able to perform the song and to perform said song with her long time crush. Given the past moments they've shared on and off stage, it made butterflies swarm inside her stomach.

And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything is different
Now that I see you

At the end of the performance, Areum moved closer to Rosé and brushed a stray strand of hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear before wrapping an arm around her waist, prompting the other to rest her head against her shoulder.

She's a good girl
She's Daddy's favorite
He's saved for Harvard
He know she'll make it

Afterwards, Jennie entered the stage, grinning as the music started and Areum grinned at her as she offered her a hand.

When the chorus hit, Jennie was smirking smugly as she pulled at Areum's shirt, pulling her close to herself as she sang and the soloist went along with it, making it look as though she was talking about Jennie.

How she wishes it were true.

She's a good girl
A straight A student
She's really into all that self-improvement

Jennie knew how to play the song well. She wasn't afraid to hint it as she even shot Areum a few looks making some gestures throughout the song that made fans scream out loud.

You got holes in your jeans
And a few in your heart
You don't know what it means to me
To watch you fall apart

Jisoo was both direct and discreet at the same time with her song choice. It may not have been something she would usually go for, but given the circumstances, she wanted to let Areum know that she had her.

I see the scars and your wounds
I'll try to heal them too
I'll take you in my arms tonight
Just me and you

Jisoo would occasionally smile towards the soloist, keeping her close as she sang and making sure to keep eye contact whenever she wanted to get her message across, and judging from the look on Areum's face, she knows that she's done so, even if it wasn't in the way she wants it.

She had to wait for now.

When Jisoo's part had ended, she gestured for the rest of Blackpink to come on stage and Areum brought the mic closer to her lips. "Hey everyone! I know this is a bit different, but the girls and I wanted to make this stage a bit more exciting since this will be the last time I share the stage with them on tour."

Cries came as a reply to her statement and the girls giggled at their fans. "I know, it's really sad, but there are things that I need to handle and also, I think it's only right that the Blackpink tour ends with our favorite girls." She explained before Jennie spoke up. "We really don't mind, but you guys know she's stubborn." They laughed and Areum crinkled her nose before smiling.

"Kidding aside though, I wanted to give the girls a message before I have to leave them." Areum looked around as she gathered her thoughts. "First off, I want to say thank you for letting me come with you. Even though this tour is supposed to be about you, you still brought me along and had me reconnect with all the people that is in my life. If it weren't for you four, I never would have met our fans, and I wouldn't have had the chance to see my family again." Her tone was soft, reminiscent as she looked back on all the things they've done on tour.

"Before this tour started, I was an empty shell without any idea of who I am. But now, I'm someone's friend, daughter, sister, family. You girls alone gave me enough strength to push through despite my doubts, and you were the ones that made all of this possible. For that, I'm eternally grateful that you've never given up on me no matter how difficult I came to be." Tears began to build up in Rosé's eyes as she listened and Lisa was hugging her tight. Jennie was smiling softly while Jisoo placed an arm around her shoulders.

"This might be my last performance for now, and I have to say goodbye- no, don't cry." Areum chuckled lightly as she hurried over to the group, carefully wiping away LiChaeng's tears and the crowd aww'd. "It's okay. When you come home, I'll be waiting for all of you with open arms."

That only seemed to make them cry more but they nodded while letting the latter finish.

"This experience has been a blast. It's given me a lot to remember and think about. So, as I leave the stage to you, I hope you get out there and leave the world with your footprints so that every other dreamer out there can follow you."

In that moment, the girls all felt as though they were thrown back to when they had first debuted and Areum was standing by them, ready to catch them as the fruit of all their hard work came to life.

"Jisoo, Jennie, Chaeyoung, Lisa, no matter where we are, I'll always be with you. I love you."

With that, they finally broke from their positions and engulfed the soloist in a group hug, one she happily returned while squeezing them. She took a good look at all four of them, smiling fondly as she wiped their tears, though Jisoo wasn't c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter