Fatigue

Let's Dance!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the last couple of days, things had been… actually, pretty good for Moonbyul and Dahee. Sure, it had been only two days since their talk, but Dahee was definitely different and Moonbyul could see that. Things weren’t like a year ago but it was a lot better. She was, at least, trying to change.

 

Today was supposed to be Dahee’s return to the dance class, but it was canceled because Yongsun was at home, sick with some fatigue problem. She seemed disappointed at that, she really wanted to apologize for, well, everything; she was mean to Yongsun from the first to last day she saw her.

 

They were now getting ready to leave, the three of them, together. Since Dahee got her promotion, their normal schedule was Dahee leaving early in her car, Moonbyul taking Yuna to school, and then going to work, but today was different.

 

- So… you’ll visit Yongsun today? - Dahee looked at her wife from the corner of her eye.

- Yes, I think I’ll. Why? - Moonbyul asked back, thinking that her wife’s question may have to do with her jealousy.

- It’s just… could you tell her that I’m sorry? - well, that was a surprise. - I was planning to tell that in person tonight but since the class got canceled I thought that maybe you could deliver my apologies to her?

- Uhm, yeah, sure.

 

Moonbyul was beyond surprised by that phrase coming out of Dahee’s mouth. It was a pleasant surprise.

 

-----

 

Ding dong

 

Ding dong

 

The sound announcing that there was someone at her apartment door startled Yongsun up. Who the hell would visit her when it was almost lunchtime?

 

Ding dong

 

Ding dong

 

- I’m coming!

 

Yongsun got off the cozy nest she had turned her couch into to go answer the door.

 

After a few steps, she opened the apartment front door to find a Moonbyul standing there with what it seems like, for what she could see, at least six supermarket bags in her hands.

 

- Moonbyul? What are you doing here?

- Hi for you too, Yongsun. - the woman said sarcastically. - Well, you canceled tonight’s class, so I called your office to know what happened and Ryujin told me you’re sick. Why didn’t you message me?

- Sorry, I just… I-I didn’t want to leave you worried.

- I guess that didn’t work out, huh? So, how are you doing?

- I’m feeling a little better now, actually. It’s just a fatigue problem, nothing really major, all I have to do basically is just rest. What’s up with the bags? - she pointed at the bags that Moonbyul was carrying. - You were going to the supermarket and stopped here after just to see how I was doing?

- Actually, it was the other way around. - Yongsun gave her a confused look. - I was going to the address that Ryujin gave me, which is this apartment, and mid-way through I had an idea, so I gave Wheein a call and ended up finding out that your favorite food is tteokbokki, at least that’s what she told me. With that in mind, I thought that instead of just coming to your apartment randomly to see how you were doing, I would come randomly to your apartment to cook for you, ‘cause I don’t think you know that, but I’m the best cook in the world, according to Yuna.

- Well, come in then, please.

 

Moonbyul did what she was told, following Yongsun to the kitchen and placing the bags onto the countertop.

 

- So, where should we begin? - Yongsun asked, pushing her pajamas sleeves up, ready to help.

- No, no, no. I’ll cook for you. All you have to do today is sit back, relax, and tell me where everything is.

 

Yongsun just gave her a brief smile, accepting the treatment, and sitting on the chair next to the countertop.

 

After a little chitchat, while Moonbyul cooked, Yongsun decided to take off her chest the question that had been bothering her for the past couple of days.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter