The prize

Let's Dance!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- I can’t believe how much I just ate. I just want to lay down. - Moonbyul got up from the chair lazily before throwing herself in the giant Snorlax plush that had been placed close to the table. - Wait… has this always been here? I don’t remember Wheein having a giant Snorlax the last time I got up here.

- Well, she doesn’t. I brought it from my apartment. - Yongsun spoke, throwing herself into the pillow beside Moonbyul.

- I knew it! Why do you have a Snorlax pillow that is the size of my bed?

- Oh, c’mon, it’s not that big. I actually wanted a Squirtle one, but since I didn’t find any, I bought this. And how did you know it was mine?

- It smells like you.

- Already recognizing my smell, Moonbyul? That’s a little sus. - Yongsun got up from the pillow, going out of Moonbyul’s field of view before returning with a bottle of wine and two glasses in her hands. - Who’s ready to get drunk?

- Not me, thank you. I still have to drive back home.

- What?! Noooo. - Yongsun put the bottle and glasses on the floor beside the pillow before throwing herself close to Moonbyul. - You can take an Uber home, c’mon, pleaseee. - she looked at the other girl with puppy eyes, trying to persuade her, but without success. - Fine, I’ll drink for both of us then. But if I get drunk, you’ll have to take me home and if pass out drunk, you’ll have to put me to bed.

- Agreed. - Moonbyul smiled at her.

 

“She’s gonna be fine, it’s just two glasses.” Moonbyul thought.

“Oh God, I’m gonna actually pass out drunk.” Yongsun thought.

 

Only a few people knew about this because Yongsun was self-conscious about it and almost never drinks around other people, but she was one of the people with the lowest alcohol tolerance you could ever meet. Unfortunately for her, she only found out about her unusual problem with alcohol at a party when she was still in college.

 

Yongsun’s recollection of that night is pretty vain;


 

----- 4 YEARS AGO ------

 

- How the does Jiyong has a house this big?

- Oh, he has a clothing brand of his own.

- Wait, he has what?!

 

Yongsun and Wheein enter the insanely big house to find that, incredibly, the house was actually almost full. This was definitely going to be the party of the year when it came to their college.

 

A little time later the two friends now found themselves in the middle of a drinking competition amongst their colleagues from the art department. Yongsun was the first one to get eliminated, only surviving two shots of tequila, while Wheein was declared the winner of the whole competition after the last guy who was still in the competition with her throwing up at the 7th shot.

 

- I won! I won! - Wheein jumped around excitedly celebrating her win accompanied by Yongsun, who was hugging her while the two jumped in ecstasy.

 

The jumping soon stopped as Wheein was beginning to realize that jumping right after having downed seven shots of tequila wasn’t the best idea per se, but the hugging aspect between the two continued.

 

- Congratulations, you’re an alcohol warrior. - Yongsun smiled at the girl between her arms, who reciprocated the smile. - Wait, there’s something on your face. - she began to slowly bring her finger towards Wheein’s forehead.

- What? What is it? Where?

- It’s all over it. - her finger went for Wheein’s hair, placing a mesh behind the ear before her hand slid down the younger girl’s jaw. - It’s prettiness. - Yongsun’s lips turned into a mischievous smile.

- W-what? What are you talking about? - Wheein let out a nervous laugh while feeling the older girl’s hand still on the same spot.

- You know, your lips look really pretty lubed with alcohol. Do they taste as good as they look?

- H-hm…

 

Trying to find another place to look that wasn’t directly into Yongsun’s eyes, Wheein’s eyes now began alternating between the 8th tequila shot that she had served but didn’t drink and Yongsun’s mischievous smile. After a little bit of debating inside her own head, Wheein quickly grabbed the cup and downed that 8th tequila shot.

 

- How about we go to my apartment and then cease this curiosity of yours?

 

Yongsun’s smile only grew bigger.

 

- I’d love to.

 

-----

 

Yongsun made an attempt to open her eyes but regretted that as soon as the sunlight hit her eyes. Being a little more careful this time, she began to slowly open her eyes, only to find out that the room she was in was definitely not hers and the strong headache that came soon after made her realize that all of this was most likely the result of the tequila shots she had the night before.

 

- Oh, hey, you are awake. - Yongsun moved her eyes in the direction of that familiar voice to see Wheein entering the room with a cup of water and what seemed like medicine in her hands. - Here, for the headache that you’re probably suffering from right now.

- Hey, thanks. - she sat on the bed and happily took the medicine that Wheein offered her.

- So, how are you feeling?

- I feel like I drank eight shots of tequila last night. My headache is killing me and I can’t remember a single thing of what happened after my… second? Yes, after my second shot, my mind is literally a blank page.

- That’s because you only drank two shots of tequila last night. I was the one that drank eight shots. You’re just really weak. - Yongsun put on a fake offended face. - And the headache should get better now that you took the medicine.

- Ok, so let me take a shot at what happened last night then. I took those two shots, most likely began annoying the hell out of you, passed out drunk and then you brought me to your house. Am I right? - Wheein began to laugh.

- Almost. Aren’t you feeling a little… free? I don’t know, maybe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter