Friendly dinner

Let's Dance!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three months had passed since the day that Moonbyul classified as “the day I ruined my own life”.

 

The whole situation with Dahee, even though it was difficult for both of them in the beginning, was now running smoothly. The divorce went through, Dahee moved out of the house and now they had shared custody of Yuna, both of them staying alternating weeks with her while also agreeing on taking and picking her up from school on their week off, which wasn’t a problem at all since their houses weren’t too far from each other and that also allowed the other one to not have to stay one entire week without seeing their daughter.

 

On the other hand, the situation with Yongsun couldn’t possibly be worse. Since the day after Moonbyul asked for her divorce, realizing how much she had ed up, she has been trying to get in touch with the dance teacher, but to no avail.

 

Moonbyul tried to call numerous times. Calls that always ended up the voicemail.

 

Moonbyul texted her numerous times. Texts that Yongsun ended up not even receiving.

 

Moonbyul went to her dance studio numerous times. Visits which always ended up with Ryujin telling her that Yongsun wasn’t there at that moment or was too busy.

 

Moonbyul went to her apartment numerous times. Unfortunately for Moonbyul, unlike the last time she went there, she wasn’t able to catch a neighbor coming in or going out and letting the door open for her, resulting in her intercom calls to Yongsun’s apartment being rejected seconds after her face showed up in the intercom’s video feed.

 

Moonbyul tried everything.

 

It was obvious at that point that Yongsun didn’t want anything to do with her, so the best she could do was to respect her decision and leave her alone.

 

-----

 

- Hey, baby! - Moonbyul bent down to pick up Yuna who came running in her direction. - You didn’t forget anything this time, did you?

- No!

- Are you sure?

- No!

- I can guarantee that she is forgetting anything this time around. - Moonbyul's eyes went straight in the voice’s direction where she found Dahee was standing by the front door. - Moonbyul, can I talk to you for a second?

- Uhm, yeah, sure.

 

Moonbyul put Yuna in the car before returning to the house’s entrance way.

 

- Hey. So… what did you want to talk about?

- Hey, uhm, well I was wondering, are you free for dinner anytime this week?

- Urgh… Dahee, listen--

- Before you say anything, I assure you that I have no romantic intentions whatsoever. Just a friendly chat.

- Just a friendly chat?

- Just a friendly chat. I promise. So… what do you say?

- Well… I’m free tonight.

 

Dahee smile widened.

 

- Great! Are you okay with being at Wheein’s cafe? I sort of already made a reservation for us at the rooftop.

- The rooftop at Wheein’s cafe and no romantic intentions don’t fit well in the same phrase, Ms. Lee. But, yeah, we have a FRIENDLY dinner set then.

- I’ll talk to her and I text you the details later, okay?

- Okay. But what a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter