Rehearsal

Let's Dance!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday morning, the time of the week that Moonbyul had a schedule for… watching cartoons in the living room with Yuna. Unlike Dahee, who was just an employee at her job and had no choice over her agenda, Moonbyul had her own company which allowed her to do things like this.

 

However, the mom and daughter’s agenda was interrupted by Moonbyul’s phone ringing. She excused herself to Yuna and went to the kitchen where she had forgotten her phone.

 

- Hello?

- Hi, Moonbyul. It’s Kim Yongsun.

- I’m sorry, who?

- Oh, I’m your dance teacher. - Moonbyul couldn’t hold her laugh. - You… you bastard.

- I’ve to admit that I don’t have the best memory but it’s not to that extent. So, what’s up?

- Are you busy right now? It’d be great if you could come to the studio, I have something that I need to discuss with you.

- No, not at all. I don’t work on Saturdays, so I take this opportunity to just cuddle on the couch with Yuna since Dahee is at work. By the way, can I take her with me? I don’t like the idea of her staying at the house on her own, plus I don’t even know what time Dahee will get home.

- Uhm… y-yeah, yeah, sure.

- Great! - Moonbyul started making her way back to the living room to talk with Yuna. - Baby, go put on some clothes, you’re going out with mommy today. Ok, we’ll be there in a minute. Bye, dance teacher.

- B-bye.

 

With Yuna in some proper clothes now and not just in her pajamas anymore, the duo got into Moonbyul’s car.

 

“In the middle of their call, Yongsun seemed very… weird” Moonbyul thought, but she didn’t want it to overthink it, after all, what she was really curious about was the reason why she would call her on a Saturday morning and ask her to go to the dance studio.

 

Upon arriving, Moonbyul and Yuna were both greeted by Ryujin, Yuna even receiving special treatment with the benefit of gaining some of the candy that the secretary kept hidden under the table. It didn’t take very long for Yongsun to show up, standing by the room’s door.

 

- Hey, you are here. Oh my god… - Yongsun quickly made her way towards Moonbyul to greet Yuna, who was being carried by her mother. - Hi, gorgeous… what’s your name?

- Yuna!

- Oh… OH! - something seemed to have clicked on Yongsun’s head. - You’re Yuna, that makes total sense, yes, of course.

 

Moonbyul found that last bit a little… strange.

 

With Yuna’s asking and Ryujin consenting, the little girl was now at the reception desk, talking and playing with the “candy lady”, which gave Moonbyul and Yongsun a free pass to the dance room, a place where they could talk more freely without having to worry too much with what Yuna would hear.

 

- I didn’t know you had a daughter. - Yongsun was talking while turning on all the lights in the room.

- I told you that on the phone only a few minutes ago.

- Yeah, sorry, I must not have paid attention. - she opened a little smile.

 

With a little effort, Moonbyul put all the pieces of the “Yongsun Weirdess” puzzle together.

 

- OH. MY. GOD. I know what you were thinking!

- Sorry, I don’t know what you’re talking about. - she tried to act natural.

- When I was talking about Yuna on the phone, I know now why you’re kind of panicking. You thought that was the name of an affair I was having.

- Ok, look… - Yongsun put her hands up. - In my defense, you never even mentioned around me that you had a daughter.

 

Yongsun was ready to see Moonbyul’s rage, saying stuff like “what kind of person do you think I am”, and “I can’t believe that you think so poorly of me”, but what she got instead was Moonbyul’s laugh.

 

- Ok, ok, the “go put on some clothes” and “Dahee is at work” I… kin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter