Lunch

Let's Dance!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since that Monday night, there was a deadly silence in the Moon’s house, except for Yuna, of course. The couple was pretty much, avoiding any unnecessary conversation, afraid that it could lead to the feared topic.

 

However, it was Wednesday night already, and they had the next dance class scheduled for Friday. 

 

As they were getting ready for sleep, seeing that Dahee was still only sitting on the bed, Moonbyul gathered courage and sat down beside her wife so they could address the elephant in the room.

 

- Hey, Dahee.

- Yes? - Dahee continued looking at her phone.

- Look at me.

- This is work-related, Moonbyul. Just say what you gotta say. - Moonbyul took the phone away from Dahee’s hand. - Moonbyul?!

- This is serious, Dahee. We need to talk about what happened Monday night.

- Serious? It’s just a dance class, Moonbyul!

- It’s not about the ing dance class! Now, stop screaming, and let’s talk like adults, our daughter is sleeping. - Dahee looked angry still but calmed down. - Okay, listen, I just want to know, why you did that?

- Did you hear what that woman said about us?

- C’mon, I won’t fall for that. What you did was clearly an overreaction. Just… just tell me.

 

Dahee stayed silent for a minute.

 

- Ok, ok… I… I didn’t want to go.

- And why didn’t you just told me that? I’m not a monster, you know. I wouldn’t make you go against your will.

- Honestly? I wasn’t paying attention to what you were saying, I just agreed so you would stop talking. And the second time I just wanted to end that fight because I don’t like fighting, you know that.

- You don’t like fighting? Well, that seems a little controversial. But don’t worry, there won’t be any more fighting. - Moonbyul said in a sarcastic tone.

- Great! Can you give me my phone back now? - Moonbyul just opened a brief smile.

- Sure. And no, you don’t have to go to the class Friday. Good night, Dahee. - she handed the phone back to her wife and lay on the bed.

- Perfect. I’m glad we’re able to solve this. Good night.

 

The next day, after a small meeting, and a few contract signings, there was a thing that stayed in Moonbyul’s mind this entire time and her name was Yongsun.

 

Her mind kept going back to that Monday night, but this time it wasn’t because of her wife, now that she knew that Hyejin was actually right regarding the situation with Dahee, her focus on the memories of that night changed to her teacher, who she didn’t had stopped to think about, after all, it was her that was on the receiving end of Dahee’s actions.

 

When the clock on Moonbyul’s computer announced that it was almost lunch break time, she got into her car and made her way to the place that it was weirdly having more influence in her life than she initially expected, the dance studio.

 

Upon arriving at the studio’s reception, she saw that the secretary was already organizing her desk, apparently getting ready to leave.

 

- Hi. - Ryujin switched her attention to Moonbyul giving a little smile and greeting her back. - Is Yongsun here? I really need to talk to her.

- Moonbyul? - she turned around to see the teacher standing behind her. - What are you doing here?

- Oh, hi. I’m sorry to show up at a time like this, but I really need to talk to you.

- I heard you saying that part to Ryujin, but… it’s my lunch break now.

- Yeah, I know. So, where do you want to eat?

 

The woman’s boldness surprised Yongsun.

 

- Hm… Ryujin?

- Yes?

- Can you close and re-open the studio today?

- Sure.

-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter