Performance night

Let's Dance!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sure, you can present your idea next month!”. Unfortunately for Moonbyul, next month had arrived, and it happened to be on the exact same date as her long-awaited dance performance with Yongsun. 10 minutes remaining on a workday she wished it could be at least 4 hours shorter and Chanmi was just now finishing prepping her presentation.

 

- Ok, everything is ready. Can we start now? - Chanmi asked excitedly with the paper in her hands.

- Please, do.

 

Moonbyul’s company, To The Moon, has for the last couple of years grown massively in popularity in the computer peripherals market, rapidly becoming one of the leaders when it came to office-related peripherals, but they were looking to expand in the near future and that’s where Chanmi came in.

 

- So, as you can see, our market is as stable as ever and it’s even growing, but it’s not growing by that much. On the other hand... - she switched slides. - The gaming market. It’s a market that expands itself every single day. We’re losing such a huge opportunity here. A market that, unlike the corporate side, it’s willing to spend more, because we’ll be talking to individuals, individuals that are eager to experience new things, not with companies that are looking to spend as little as possible with their employees. This is a market that--

- Ok, so let me get this, you’re proposing we step into the gaming market. Is that correct? - Chanmi responded with a simple “yes”, surprised by her boss’s interruption. - And how do you propose we do that? With what product?

- As this market develops, the--

- Chanmi, that’s enough about the market. I got that part. Please, show me the product.

- Oh, okay. - she skipped the other slides she had prepared, jumping straight to the product proposal ones. - What is the starting point for you when you want to get into gaming? Mechanical keyboards. And this is what I’m proposing, the TTM Apollo11, our first gaming mechanical keyboard.

- Do you have a spec sheet that I can take a look at?

- Yes, it’s on the last page of the papers I gave you. - Moonbyul nodded and started flipping the pages in her hand.

- As the name implies, this will be like our moon landing, our adventure into something new and exciting. One of the things consumers--

- Ok, we’ll do it. - Moonbyul got up, getting ready to leave.

- I’m sorry… what?

- This is a great idea. That is a move that I’ve been thinking about doing for a while now, I’m glad you took initiative and… read my mind, basically. Let’s do two different models, one with the TKL layout and one with the 60% layout. Make them both with options for both Cherry and Outemu switches, for the Cherry ones, make them with the red, brown, blue switches, and the Outemu ones just the blue switch, okay?

- Yes, I’ll let everyone know. Thank you so much.

- I should be the one thanking you. Oh, and I’m sorry if I rushed and was rude to you, it’s just that I already researched this market on my own time and also... I’m in kind of a terrible hurry right now but believe me, you did amazing Chanmi, great job. - Moonbyul gave her a smile that made Chanmi blush instantly before heading into the elevator.

 

The second the elevator door closed, Chanmi busted in happiness and excitement, jumping around while gaining a weird glance from Jisu.

 

- Did you see that?! - she leaned against Jisu’s desk.

- Yeah, I did, congratulations on getting your project approved.

 

Jisu gave her a brief smile before turning back the attention to her computer screen.

 

- No, not that part! - Chanmi gained back Jisu’s attention, who gave her a confused look. - The part that she was flirting with me?!

 

“Oh, it’s that, again”, Jisu thought, just rolling her eyes and focusing once again on the screen in front of her.

 

- And now that she is getting divorced…

 

Now Chanmi had Jisu’s full attention back on her once again.

 

- Where did you hear that?!

- You told me.

- No, I didn’t!

- Well, I heard from you, but I guess it was when you were talking on the phone with someone.

- Oh my God. - Jisu covered her face with her hands in desperation. She had heard her conversation with Ryujin. “I’m so ed”. - Please, please, don’t tell this to anyone else, ok? For real.

- And give them a chance to steal her from me?! Not in a million years!

 

Jisu smiled, relieved.

 

- Thank you for being crazy, Chanmi.

- I’m not crazy, I’m just a woman in love.

 

-----

 

That’s ridiculous. Moonbyul has been yearning for this momen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter