Chapter 2

BloodTies

When Kyuhyun awoke he was in an unfamiliar room. He felt a cold hand in his, slowly looking down he saw Sungmin asleep with his head on the young boys legs snoring softly.

"Kyuhyun?" he heard a whisper from beside him, he turned his head away from the sleeping vampire and to where the voice came from. It was Leeteuk.

"Leeteuk Hyung? Where am I?" He croaked. As he looked around the room.

"Shhh don't speak you need to rest. You're in the hospital, when we found you there was nothing we could do, you had lost too much blood" he the young boys head and smiled.

Kyuhyun looked at his arm and saw a needle, which was hooked up to a blood pack. He sat up slowly, with Leeteuk's help, and rubbed his eyes.

"How long was I out?" he asked the eldest boy as he sat and felt the bandages wrapped around his neck.

"A few days, you kept slipping In and out of consciousness, the doctors didn't know whether you would fully wake up or not, Sungmin hasn't left your side once" he said smiling weakly at the younger sleeping vampire. Sungmin's head shot up suddenly, he was dreaming.

"Kyuhyun you're awake, thank god" he stood up and kissed the weak boy on the head, who just simply smiled and squeezed the older boys hand to let him know he was alright.

"What happened back at the bar? With Hyukjae? We were only gone a few minutes but when we retuned you weren't there" Leeteuk asked softly, Kyuhyun trembled at the name of the boy who had almost killed him.

"I…I'm not sure, I was sat waiting like Sungmin had said and he was just suddenly there in front of me, saying he wanted to play. Before I could shout for you or do anything his hand was over my mouth. He held onto me so tight, I couldn't breathe" his hands came up to his face as tears started to flow down his pale cheeks.

"We need to find him. The faster we find him the sooner I can rip his ungrateful heart out" Sungmin's eyes were red and the young vampire was growling.

"Easy sungmin we will find him, you need to stay here and look after Kyuhyun, he is our main priority right now" Leeteuk was now behind Sungmin, with a hand rested on his shoulder.

"What do you mean find him? You mean he wasn't there when you found me?" Kyuhyun suddenly remembered about the boy in the cage.

"Donghae! Is he alright?"  Leeteuk nodded.

"He is fine. He's in the room next door, although he's in better condition than you, so try not to worry. Our young friend Henry is looking after him. Now get some rest I shall see you soon." Leeteuk bowed and left.

"Sungmin why is Hyukjae like that? How is he so insane and violent if he lives with vampires that are the complete opposite?" Kyuhyun squeezed the older boys hand tightly. Sungmin sighed.

"It's a long story but I'll try and keep it simple."

******

When a vampire decides to turn a human it creates an unbreakable bond between the two. to make someone yours, you have to inject your poison into them to stop their heart, when they awaken they must drink blood to complete the transformation, if you want to make someone yours it must be your blood they drink, however the process won't work if they don't drink and the poison can be out to start the process again. The poison and blood used for the transformation is always throughout their body once the transformation is complete the blood is what seals the bond, effectively making them belong to their maker forever.
Hyukjae was only turned two years ago, by the same vampire who created me. Lord Choi Siwon. He is one of the most powerful vampires around and shows no mercy, but over the years he has gone slightly insane as everyone he has ever turned has either died or found a mate and left him.  He created Hyukjae because he is young and can be controlled. But all Siwon's newborns want is blood, they crave it more than any other newborn vampire because his blood is stronger than ours. We found Hyukjae one night feeding on a child. This is forbidden among vampires so we took him back to the bar and kept him locked up until we could exchange Siwon's poison in his blood for Leeteuk's, severing the bond. The process was almost complete and we thought he was doing alright, meeting you proved that it hadn't worked as well as we had hoped.


******

Sungmin stood up and paced the room.

"We think he's gone back to Siwon, if he has then you cannot leave my side. Your blood is different, special, I don't know why or how but I cannot let Siwon find you."  Sungmin looked his young friend in the eyes.

"You mean too much to me now I would never forgive myself if anything happened to you"
Kyuhyun smiled as Sungmin kissed him on the head and gently placed his hands over the bandages round the young boy's neck. He closed his eyes and whispered a healing spell.

"When the nurses see you're healed they will send you home, we can protect you better there, I'm just sorry I got you involved in all of this"
Before he could pull away, Kyuhyun wrapped his arms tightly around the older boy, pulling him into the bed.

"You didn't, I got myself involved, I knew the risk I didn't regret my choice when you drank from me, and I don't now."

******

Kyuhyun got sent home a few hours later, the nurses felt he was strong enough and were happy to release him, with a little persuasion from Sungmin. They returned to Sungmin's house where Leeteuk waited for them.

"How are you feeling Kyuhyun?" Leeteuk asked as he opened the front door and let the two in.

"I'm alright now Leeteuk Hyung, thank you" he walked through the door and over to the mirror and looked at the new scars on his neck.

"I look like a damn chew toy thanks to him" he shook his head as Sungmin wrapped his arms around the boy's waist.

"Sungmin, Leeteuk can I talk to you about something?" Sungmin released his arms and let Kyuhyun turn to face them.

"Sure what is it?" Leeteuk motioned for him to sit on the sofa. Sungmin followed his friend sat beside him holding his hand it was shaking so Sungmin squeezed tight.

"All of what's happened recently, meeting you both and you're family, being so close to Sungmin. And then what happened with Hyukjae. It's got me thinking how useless I am, I'm too fragile and you can't protect me all the time" His voice was shaky and he struggled to say the next thing.

"It's alright Kyuhyun you can tell me anything. What's on your mind?" Sungmin's voice was almost calming, but no one was prepared for what Kyuhyun was about to ask.

"I…I want you to change me" he turned to Sungmin "I want you to make me yours"
Sungmin froze before Leeteuk spoke.

"Kyuhyun you don't know what you are asking, you may be fragile now but once the transformation starts you're completely defenceless, we don't want that for you" His face was stern "We cannot, no we will not…."

"I'll do it" Sungmin's voice came from behind Kyuhyun. "I don't like it and I don't want to, but it's over if Siwon gets his hands on him anyway. Especially if Hyukjae is with him. Because you know how much Siwon loves his little puppy"
Kyuhyun laughed at Sungmin's reference, bringing a smile to the two vampire's faces.
Leeteuk sighed.

"If your 100% sure it's what you want Kyuhyun, I won't do it if you're not sure"
"Wait what? You? No I want Sungmin to change me"

"Kyuhyun there is a high chance it won't work if I change you. I've only tried it once, and it failed, my magic stops the transformation and we don't know why. It will be my poison that kills you and brings you back, but it will have to be Leeteuk's blood that completes the process" Sungmin sighed before walking to the window.

"Can we not at least try? You said It yourself if Siwon finds me I'm dead anyway, and if I'm gunna die id rather it by your hand than his"
Leeteuk looked at sungmin seriously.

"It's up to you, I can't decide for you brother" Sungmin sighed before turning to face Kyuhyun.

"Technically you'll die by my fangs, not my hand" he grinned and poked his tongue out at his young friend. Who smiled and giggled.

"Is that a yes? You'll change me?" Sungmin nodded in reply.

"But if you die I swear I'll kill you!" as he said that Kyuhyun was on him, his arms wrapped tightly around the vampire.

"Thank you" he giggled with a large smile on his face.
Leeteuk left shortly after to go and find Henry. Despite his young age Henry helped out with transformations and medical situations, he was one of the only humans that Leeteuk trusted.

******

While Leeteuk was away Sungmin talked though the process with Kyuhyun.

"It's pretty straight forward. But painful I'm afraid. I'll bite you and inject my poison, along with the pain you'll just feel tired until you fall asleep, eventually your heart will stop. Once the poison has done its job you will wake, minutes, maybe hours later, it varies with different people. Once awake you will have to drink my blood to complete the process, again there is pain involved or more of a burning sensation, once that passes you'll pass out briefly and the transformation will be complete."  He sighed, shaking slightly.

"Or it won't work and you just won't wake up after I've given you my blood."
Kyuhyun slapped Sungmin's leg.

"Yah stop trying to talk me out of it, because it won't work."

Moments later Leeteuk arrived with Henry, he was 17 and extremely shy this was the reason Leeteuk liked him so much.

"Henry is here to look after you once Sungmin and I have left to feed, you will be fine in his care, no one knows your here"
Henry smiled at Kyuhyun from behind Leeteuk, who returned the smile and waved.

"Are you ready? We'll all be here when you wake up don't worry" Sungmin smiled, taking Kyuhyun's hand.
He took a deep breath and sat in the middle of the bed.

"I'm ready"


Sungmin sat beside him, wrapping his arms around Kyuhyun for support. He kissed the boy on the neck and whispered in his ear.

"I'll be right here when you wake up, I promise" He bared his fangs and sank them into Kyuhyun's neck, he took in a little blood at first before releasing the poison, it burned as it entered Kyuhyun's body, he grabbed Sungmin's arm tightly and squeezed his eyes tightly shut as the burning took over, after a few seconds his body went numb and he could feel himself tiring, before he fell asleep he used what little strength he had left to whisper in Sungmin's ear.

"Sun…Sungmin…I…I...Love…You" His grip on the older boys arm released, he was asleep.
Sungmin released his fangs and kissed the boy goodnight before lying him down on the bed.

He entered the other room where Leeteuk and Henry were waiting, his cheeks now wet from the free flowing tears, he nodded.

"The first part is complete. I hope it works, I don't know what I'd do without him. I just have a bad feeling about tonight" Before he could move Leeteuk was by his side, his arms wrapped tightly around his brother.

"Come brother, we need to feed. Before Kyuhyun wakes up." He turned to Henry.

"I know you will look after him while were gone young Henry if you need anything just give me a call, be careful if you open the door to anyone" he ruffled the youngest boys head and smiled, before leaving the house with an increasingly worried Sungmin.

******

To pass the time Henry sat and watched over Kyuhyun as he slept, his body was getting weaker and weaker as ever minute passed and his breathing had slowed considerably, Henry couldn't watch over the dying boy for long so he wet a cloth from the bathroom and cleaned the blood from his neck before applying a bandage.

"Please be alright Kyuhyun-Hyung" he whispered, Kyuhyun's head before he left the room.
Just as he was about to sit down and read a book there was a knock at the door, he ignored it remembering what Leeteuk had told him, but the knocking persisted before long he heard a familiar voice, it wasn't Leeteuk.

"Henry I know you can hear me, I know you are there. Please open the door, because you know I can just break it down if you don't" It was Hyukjae.
The young boy quickly shut the door to the bedroom trying his best to avoid Hyukjae knowing about Kyuhyun before he answered the door. He was trembling with fear, he of all people knew what Hyukjae was like, after all it was Henry who cared for Donghae, and cleaned up the blood.

As soon as the door was open Hyukjae had hold of Henry, his fangs closing in on the young boy's neck, just as he had drawn blood a voice came from the door, It was deep and held the slightest growl.

"Hyukjae! We are not here for Henry, release him immediately!"  Hyukjae obeyed and threw the young boy to the ground before opening the bedroom door.

"Forgive the intrusion young Henry I am simply here for what is rightfully mine and I have a message for Sungmin. Tell him Lord Siwon says to follow his heart and come home, and if he finds Kyuhyun by midnight tomorrow I will leave, but if he doesn't the boy stays with me." He smiled as he helped Henry off the floor.

"Little toy is dead" Hyukjae pouted as he checked Kyuhyun for a pulse. Siwon nodded before entering the room and lifting the lifeless boy gently into his arms. He Kyuhyun on the cheek and smiled.

"He will make a fine vampire. Goodbye Henry" and with his final word the two were gone.
Henry collapsed onto the floor in tears holding his neck. He pulled out his phone and phoned Leeteuk, who was on speed dial which was lucky, because the boy was in no fit state to remember a phone number.

"Henry? Is everything alright. We will be home soon don't worry" Leeteuk sounded calm, relaxed, but his tone changed when he heard the younger boy sobbing uncontrollably.

"Leeteuk Hyung… I'm sorry… Kyuhyun" he paused to catch his breath.
"Lord Siwon took Kyuhyun!"

"What?? Don't move, were on our way back" the phone fell from Henrys fingers the minute Leeteuk hung up. He wrapped his arms around his knees and cried, not even caring anymore about the blood coming from his neck.

Five minutes passed and Leeteuk and Sungmin returned.
Sungmin broke down upon arriving home, he fell to his knees and screamed, flowing with frustration and anger his powers were out of control, the scream let out a shockwave which knocked out power for the whole block, but he didn't care, his friend, his love, was gone, taken by the very vampire who wanted Sungmin dead.  

"Sungmin calm down! We will find him. Henry what happened?" leeteuk was sat behind the young boy holding a cloth to his neck.

"He said he would kick the door down if I didn't open it, I had no choice. And he just took Kyuhyun. He said to tell sungmin to follow his heart and find Kyu by midnight tomorrow, otherwise there is no point looking" he sobbed into Leeteuk's chest

"Did Siwon do this to you?"  Henry shook his head
"Hyukjae was with him…"

"I'm going to kill them both! Ill burn them alive before I rip their hearts from their chests" Sungmin was now stood up and trembling.

"You can't do anything until we find them brother! Sit down. We need to figure this out"

******

When Kyuhyun finally awoke he couldn't move his arms or legs. His whole body ached and burned from Sungmin's poison. He was lead on his back, his hands were tied together above his head and chained to a bedpost and his legs were tightly bound with chains. When he finally opened his eyes he saw Hyukjae, sat beside him on the bed grinning, he was too weak to be bothered about the psycho boy sat inches away from him, he knew he was in trouble but he didn't care he just closed his eyes and waited for everything to be over.

"Lord Siwon! Come quick Kyuhyun's awake! His eyes, I've never seen anything like them" Hyukjae's voice was faint as he ran into another room to bring the older vampire. A few moments later Siwon was at Kyuhyun side.

"Kyuhyun, I know you can hear me. Open your eyes for me, please."

Ignoring the older vampire Kyuhyun turned his head away. Siwon didn't like being ignored, he took a knife out of his pocket and pressed down on the boy's stomach, drawing blood and making him cry out in pain. His eyes shot open and Siwon held his face in his hands, looking deeply into his eyes.

"Amazing, there really is something remarkable about you Kyuhyun." He tears from the boy's cheek as his eyes once again fell closed. Siwon removed the knife, Kyuhyun's blood off the blade. He closed his eyes as he felt a sudden rush throughout his body, power, strength and warmth, he now understood why Hyukjae and Sungmin craved the young boy's blood.

Kyuhyun felt a sharp pain in his chest, he once again opened his eyes to find Siwon knelt over him, his fangs sank in deep  just above Kyuhyun's heart, absorbing the poison that flowed thought the young boy's body and draining what little ounce of strength the boy had left, he was fading fast, Siwon released his fangs and spoke.

"Kyuhyun my dear boy, you have royal blood flowing through your veins. I cannot simply let you die through draining you. No, that would be too much of a waste. It's time to complete your transformation" He broke the chains that bound the boy to the bed, his arms fell down beside him weakly.

Siwon took the knife and made a cut across his own wrist, releasing his blood, before holding his arm in front of Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was close to death, for good this time, no matter how much he hated the idea of being Siwon's the temptation of blood was too strong. As he tried to resist he found himself closer and closer to the blood before eventually latching his mouth around the cut and drinking. Pain and fire spread throughout his body but he didn't move instead he began taking more blood, trying to stop the hunger. When the pain eventually got too much he released Siwon's wrist and collapsed back onto the bed clutching his chest and stomach, the pain grew worse and worse and Kyuhyun screamed, before passing out.

******

Sungmin was sat on the floor of his apartment with his eyes closed, he was concentrating on Kyuhyun and using all his power to try and find the boy, Leeteuk could see the his brother struggling so he sat in front of him and joined hands. Sungmin opened his eyes and smiled sadly at the older vampire before they both closed their eyes and focused.
Minutes later their eyes shot open.

"Found them! They are at the bar." Sungmin jumped up.

"The bar, But it's been closed for days why would he take Kyuhyun there?" Leeteuk looked puzzled when sungmin replied.

"That part of town is where my village was, and the bar is built where my home once stood. Siwon meant it literally when he said 'come home' I followed my heart and now i need to go home" Leeteuk was just about to speak when Sungmin shot out of the door.

******

Kyuhyun awoke and rubbed his eyes, for the first time in days the pain had gone and it felt amazing.
Siwon entered the room and smiled.

"How are you feeling, because you defiantly look a hell of a lot better? Your eyes fit well with your complexion. Maybe we should call you Ice prince Kyu" the older vampire laughed and leaned against the door frame.

"I'm fine, I feel great. But wait what do you mean about my eyes?" he stood up looking confused and made his way to the mirror on the wall. His appearance shocked him at first, his skin was pale white and ice cold, His hair had gone from blonde to as white as snow, but it was his eyes that had changed the most. Once dark brown, they had changed to a deep Sapphire Blue, Kyuhyun was memorized and looked deeply into the blue eyes looking back at him.

"What the? What happened to my eyes, what did you do?" his eyes never left his refection as Siwon walked up behind him.

"Nothing, this was down to Sungmin and you."

"Eh? How could my eyes possibly change colour like that? Why aren't they red like yours, like everyone else's"

"Sungmin's poison is mixed with his magic, and you have royal blood flowing through your veins. When the two mixed your eyes changed. Even I don't know why they are blue, but they are beautiful" Siwon rested his hands on Kyuhyun's hips, making him nervous and sending a shiver down his spine.

"R…Royal blood? How did I not know this? Aish I'm so confused!" he left the mirror and sat on the end of the bed rubbing the back of his neck.

"Why don't I hate you? I was terrified of you before, now I feel oddly comfortable around you. And why am I so hungry!" he flung himself back onto the bed in frustration, Siwon wasn't used to this, he didn't usually keep people around once he had turned them.

"You're mine now Kyuhyun, any hate or fear you had towards me has gone. Enough questions you need to feed and gather your strength"

He held out his arm for Kyuhyun, who bared his newly extended fangs and sank them deep into Siwon's wrist, there was no pain this time only pleasure.
As he drank the door flung open, Sungmin had finally found them, panting from exhaustion he collapsed to his knees at the sight of the boy he loved drinking from his mortal enemy.

"Sungmin I'm sorry my dear boy but you are too late"
Kyuhyun released Siwon's arm and looked over at Sungmin, his head was down and tears poured from his eyes, he was heartbroken.

"Minnie…I… I'm sorry" Sungmin looked up and saw Kyuhyun's face, it was soft and gentle, something felt wrong but the heartbroken vampire just smiled.

"Kyu your eyes, they are beautiful! Siwon, I give up, you win. I'm tired of this, I'm sorry I abandoned you so many years ago. Just kill me! You have the thing I cherish most, you don't need me anymore"

Siwon smiled, Sungmin was defenceless, it was the perfect time to strike, instead he just sat and laughed before removing a silver dagger from a drawer.

"I'm not going to kill you sungmin that would be too easy" He handed the dagger to Kyuhyun, who wrapped his fingers tightly around the handle.

"Kyuhyun is going to do it" he smirked as Sungmin's eyes widened.
Kyuhyun stood in front of his old friend, his face was filled with sadness, a sadness that Siwon did not see. Sungmin stood up to face his friend he nodded his head slightly as Kyuhyun raised the dagger to Sungmin's chest, he mouthed something which looked like 'I'm sorry' and closed his eyes, the dagger shaking in his hand.

"Kyuhyun I just have to know, back at the apartment, what you said to me before you fell asleep. Did you mean it?" Kyuhyun nodded.

"More than I have meant anything in my entire life." A single tear fell from his face as he looked Sungmin in the eyes. Sungmin closed his eyes and smiled.

"I love you too Kyuhyun"

To be continued