Chapter 15

BloodTies

Kangin’s eyes flickered open momentarily before closing again. His hand tightened around Leeteuk’s before he summoned up the strength to open his eyes and keep them open. His vision was hazy but cleared after a few seconds, his eyes flashed across the room he recognized as his own, before his focus landed on Leeteuk and he smiled.

“What’s all the shouting about?”  Sungmin asked as he rushed in the room after hearing Leeteuk cry out for ZhouMi.
“Hyung is awake” Henry said softly as he sat on a chair in the corner of the room, with his legs pulled up to his chest, as ZhouMi checked Kangin over.
“Good. Is he alright?” Sungmin asked as he walked over and placed a hand on Leeteuk’s shoulder.
“He seems to be, he might be a little out of it for the next couple of hours, but he should be fine” ZhouMi smiled as he removed the IV drip from Kangin’s arm.
“Thank you Mimi” Leeteuk smiled and held Kangin’s hand tightly in his own as the two boys left the room with ZhouMi, leaving Leeteuk and Kangin alone.

“I can’t tell you how happy I am that you’re awake, I thought I’d lost you” Leeteuk sniffed as Kangin turned his head to face him and smiled.
“What happened?” he asked “I don’t…I don’t remember anything after we left the bar”
“Don’t worry we expected as much. Heechul drove into the side of us and we crashed. You and Kyuhyun were hurt the worst… We didn’t think you would make it”
“Kyuhyun? He wasn’t here with sungmin a few minutes ago… is he…”
“He’s recovering. If he wasn’t already a vampire the crash would have killed him but don’t worry about him, Sungmin is looking after him he’ll be fine.”
“What happened to Heechul?”
“He’s dead… “Leeteuk said with a slight smirk. “While you were…after we pulled you out of the car, he pulled out a knife, even after the crash and through all of the chaos he was still focused on hurting me… Kyuhyun killed him.”
“Good” Kangin smiled as he ran his thumb across the back of Leeteuk’s hand. “How long was I out?” he asked and Leeteuk bit his lip.
“A little over a week, I’ve missed you so much.” Leeteuk frowned as he crawled next to Kangin on their bed and into the welcome embrace waiting for him. “I wrote letters for you, telling you what was on my mind and what was happening, just in case I forgot or couldn’t.”

Kangin wrapped his arms tightly around Leeteuk and smiled.
“I love you Teukie… never forget that okay?”
“I won’t.” Leeteuk smiled as he closed his eyes “I love you too”
Kangin linked fingers with Leeteuk and sighed happily as he felt his boyfriends arm slacken around his waist.
“Sleep well my angel” Kangin whispered as he felt his eyelids grow heavy and he gave up the fight as sleep took hold of him once more.

******

“Do you think Kangin Hyung will be alright?” Henry asked as he and ZhouMi entered Sungmin’s room. ZhouMi nodded. “I don’t see why not, he seems alright. As usual, he was so focused on Leeteuk I don’t think he’s noticed the change yet. I don’t know how he will react, since he didn’t have a say in it, but I hope he won’t reject Leeteuk when he finds out.”
“Didn’t Teukie reject you when you turned him though Hyung?” Kyuhyun asked as he ran his fingers through Sungmin’s hair, as he lay with his head in the younger boys lap.
“Yes… but that was different, he was healthy and had had his whole life ahead of him and I took that away. Kangin was close to death, if Leeteuk hadn’t have started the transformation, he would be dead right now.” ZhouMi sighed as he walked out of the room to check to see if the two of them were alright.

He opened the door silently and smiled as his eyes fell upon Leeteuk and Kangin, who were both sleeping peacefully like nothing had happened and kept them apart for a so long. Leeteuk looked happy for the first time since the crash, he was smiling as he slept, his fingers wrapped loosely around the fabric of Kangin’s shirt as the younger boys arm was still wrapped firmly around him.
ZhouMi crept over and pulled a blanket from the bottom of the bed, pulling it over the both of them before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

“They are both sleeping.” He smiled as he walked back through to the room where everyone else was gathered and sat on the floor, leaning against the bottom of the bed. Henry smiled and climbed onto his lap.
“That’s good right? Teukie hasn’t slept properly since the accident so he could probably sleep for a week” Henry grinned as he nuzzled his head in the crook of ZhouMi’s neck.

******

Kangin awoke a few hours later, feeling a little more normal; the pain in his chest had eased to a dull ache that didn’t want to seem to leave him. He stretched and felt the bed shift next to him as leeteuk turned over, he smiled and pulled the blanket up over Leeteuk’s shoulders before he sat up and swung his legs off the side of the bed. ‘Let’s look at the damage then’ he laughed to himself as he looked over towards the full length mirror on the wall. Standing up slowly he used the wall for support, just in case his legs decided to give up on him, they felt heavy but managed to support him, his body ached form lack of movement since the accident but overall he felt alright, if not a little strange.

Once at the mirror he inspected himself starting with his body. He was wearing loose black sweat pants and a white t-shirt, exposing the bruises and multiple cuts across his arms, most of which had almost fully healed. There was a faint red mark which could be seen poking out from under the t-shirt, it spanned from his shoulder down his collar bone and across his torso from the impact of the safety belt. His eyes flashed to the cut on his head just above his eye, it wasn’t healed as much as the rest of his injuries but it no longer needed to be bandaged.

He ran his eyes across his reflection fully once more before freezing as he locked eyes with himself in the mirror. His eyes were no longer brown but a deep red in colour, the same red he remembered seeing the first time he met Leeteuk, the red all vampires were accustomed too, accept for Kyuhyun.
He took in a deep breath and released it finding it did little good at calming his nerves; he opened his mouth revealing to himself a set of small sharp fangs.
“No” he said quietly to himself as everything hit him at once. ‘Kyuhyun and I were the worst injured, Kyuhyun wouldn’t have made it if he wasn’t a vampire, but… Im still alive… aren’t I?’
He ran his fingers through his hair as he tried to make sense of everything, his head started to spin and then he saw it in the mirror. On the underside of his right arm was a bite mark left by Leeteuk after the accident, Kangin was in transition…
“No!” he shouted, no longer caring about the sleeping vampire behind him.
Minutes later Leeteuk was awoken by the sound of glass breaking.

“Kangin what are you doing out of bed?” he asked as he sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes. Kangin was silent. Leeteuk’s eyes came into focus and he noticed Kangin sat on the floor at the side of the room, with the mirror next him shattered and blood dripping from his hand.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” Kangin mumbled, just quiet enough for Leeteuk to hear. Just as Leeteuk was about to ask him what he meant, everything fell into place.
“Im sorry… I didn’t want to tell you until you were feeling better, I was… scared”

Moments later there was a knock at the door
“Teukie is everything alright?” ZhouMi asked. “We heard something smash”
“No. But you can come in Mimi Hyung…” Leeteuk sighed as he pulled his legs up to his chest and wrapped his arms around his knees.
Kangin stood up as ZhouMi entered the room, staring blankly at the floor as the blood fell from his hand.
“Kangin what happened?”
“I punched the mirror what the do you think happened” he hissed, flinching away as ZhouMi attempted to take a look at his hand.
“Oh stop being childish, so you’re a vampire now! The main thing is your alive and still with us” ZhouMi scoffed as he stepped away from the boy sat on the floor. “You need to feed to…”
“I didn’t want this!” Kangin screamed as Leeteuk stared at him in shock “I never wanted to become a vampire”
“But you’re dating one…. How on earth does that make any sense?” ZhouMi asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion. Kangin shrugged.
“I figured he’d get bored of me before anything big happened, I was human, a convenience, why would he want me when he could have anyone else he wanted. I just…” Kangin raised his head to look at Leeteuk and his eyes widened at the older boys expression, he looked broken and lost, the hurt in his eyes was worse than the day of the accident, was it true? Did Kangin really think that little of him?

“Leeteuk I…” He whispered, his heart seemed to jump out of his chest at the look on his boyfriends face. Leeteuk stood up from the bed and shook his head before he disappeared from the room.
“Well done Kangin… he needed that!” ZhouMi hissed and left the room in search of his former lover.

……

“Teukie are you alright?” He asked as he left the house and found Leeteuk sat outside on the grass.
Leeteuk shrugged. “He has a point you know, it’s not natural for a vampire to fall for a human. Why did everything have to change?” he sighed as he wrapped his fingers around the chain on his neck, holding onto the ring ZhouMi had given him as well as the K pendant off Kangin.
“Because life goes on” ZhouMi shrugged and sat on the grass, wrapping an arm around Leeteuk’s shoulders. “But we both know you had moved on when I came back. As much as I wanted you, you didn’t want me anymore. And now you have Kangin and I have Henry. He’ll come around don’t worry, just give him time.”
“The one time I thought I would be happy… im not. ZhouMi my heart is aching. Make it stop please?” Leeteuk mumbled as he pulled his legs up to his chest, burying his face into his knees.

……

Upstairs Kangin was stood at the window looking down on Leeteuk and ZhouMi. He regretted what he had said and he knew there was no way of taking it back. He watched as ZhouMi wrapped an arm around Leeteuk, feeling jealousy bubbling up inside him as Leeteuk leaned into the hold.

“You’re a real you know that?” Kyuhyun hissed as he stood at the entrance to the room, leaning against the door frame with an arm wrapped around his waist.
“Shouldn’t you be in bed? And didn’t anybody ever tell you it’s rude to eavesdrop?” Kangin snarled as he pulled on a jumper and sat on the bottom of the bed.
“Don’t change the subject! You hurt Teukie Hyung, he was only trying to save your life, for some reason he thinks the world of you. You just couldn’t accept the fact that he saved you. So you’re a vampire, big whoop! Your alive, okay it might not be the way you want it to be but at least you’re still here. So get your head out of your long enough to realise how much of a mistake you’re making!”

Kangin walked over to the younger boy and stood just inches from his face, a low growl erupted from his throat as he opened his mouth to speak.
“Don’t you dare speak to me like that or Ill…”
“You’ll what? Hmm Kangin ‘Hyung’ what are you going to do? Im injured and im still twice as strong as you are!” Kyuhyun snapped, before Sungmin came out of nowhere and stepped between the two of them.
“Stop it the both of you! Kyuhyun back to bed now! And Kangin Hyung I think you should apologise to Leeteuk, you need his blood if you’re going to survive.” He said calmly as he pushed Kyuhyun towards their bedroom, leaving Kangin alone in his room.

……

“Im going to go for a walk…” Leeteuk sniffed as he pulled himself out of ZhouMi’s hold and stood up. “I’ll be home later. Tell Kangin im sorry…” but before ZhouMi could reply, Leeteuk was gone.  

“Hyung where did Leeteuk go” Sungmin asked as he stood at the front door, his arms wrapped around his chest to keep out the cold. ZhouMi stood up and brushed himself off, before ushering Sungmin into the house and closing the door behind them.
“He went for a walk to clear his head… Is Kangin still upstairs?”
“Ne… he and Kyu were almost tearing each other’s throats out” Sungmin shrugged as he grabbed a glass of blood from the kitchen and carried it up to Kyuhyun, with ZhouMi close behind.

******

Leeteuk walked around for the most part of the day, the sun was setting and the copper taste in his mouth lingered from his last meal as he walked through the district of Apgujeong. His first victim of the day was a young woman in her twenties, ‘She really was just in the wrong place at the right time’ He thought as he ran his tongue across his bottom lip, remembering the way her blood tasted. He stuffed his hands into his pockets as he approached a few of the major clubs in the area. He was a long way from home right now, but it didn’t faze him as he stepped past one of the bouncers with a smile and slipped into one of the larger clubs.

******

“Are you ready to accept the fact he saved your life yet? Or are you going to continue feeling sorry for yourself?”  ZhouMi asked as he leaned in the doorway of Kangin’s bedroom as the younger male lay on the bed staring up at the ceiling.
“I can’t help the way I feel…” Kangin sighed; ZhouMi scoffed in response
“Most people don’t choose to become a vampire Kangin. Sungmin, Hyukjae and Donghae didn’t choose this life for themselves. Leeteuk didn’t as you well know by now. And contrary to what you may believe, I didn’t choose this life for myself either I just simply learned to embrace it. Those who chose this life do so for themselves; it’s their regret that they have to live with if they can’t handle it.

“I can’t blame him though! I know he is the reason im like this now I just… I can’t and I don’t know why!”

“That isn’t true; Heechul is the reason you’re a vampire, Leeteuk is the reason you are still ‘alive’ so to speak. Leeteuk wasn’t ready to let you go, and we all know you didn’t wish to die in that crash, turning you was the only way you would have made it. Have you read the letters he wrote you yet?”
ZhouMi asked as he nodded in the direction of the nightstand, which held three neatly folded letters, all addressed to Kangin.
“I did…” he replied as he sat up against the head rest, leaning his chin on his knees. “in the second letter he wrote something that confused me, I can’t get my head around what he means” He picked up the letter in question, flicking his eyes over the writing “‘I have made some mistakes recently, mistakes that I cannot take back as much as I wish I could. I feel as if I am being punished for what I have done. Just know that you are my one and only”
ZhouMi noticeably stiffened as he leaned against the door frame Kangin furred his eyebrows in confusion as he placed the letter back on the night stand.
“Do you know something about this Hyung?”

ZhouMi nodded. “Im not sure it’s my place to tell you though…”
“Please? It’s not like everything’s already falling apart.” Kangin shrugged “Just tell me please, what has he done that is so bad he can’t tell me?”
“You wish to know how I know he truly loves you?” ZhouMi asked as he entered the room, closing the door behind him and sitting on the floor against the door. Kangin nodded.
“The night I came back...”
“The night you kidnapped him you mean” Kangin scoffed.
“Yah do you want me to tell you or not! We already established that I technically kidnapped him, shut up about it already” He hissed, before continuing. “Anyway as I was saying… that night after we had talked things over I made a move on him…” ZhouMi paused as Kangin glared at him. “I wanted to check something out and one thing lead to another, I got caught up in the moment and so did he… long story short we made out, I tried to take things further but he stopped me.”
“You and Teukie… why?! You knew he was with me!” Kangin screamed, the hurt obvious in his voice as he tried to stop himself from attacking the vampire sat across from him.

“You can’t blame me for loving him Kangin; we have a past, and a long one at that, you have to accept things like this could happen when we’re both lonely.”
“He wasn’t alone though! He had me!” Kangin hissed.
“Really? You may have been with him but were you truly there for him? Do you know how hard it was for him to be around you when you were human?”
Kangin shrugged and shook his head before ZhouMi continued.
“That night before he went to sleep he told me that every time he hugged you kissed you or even just held your hand he had to stop himself from hurting you. He’s not as strong as he everyone is lead to believe.”
“How does him cheating on me have anything to do with him loving me?” he asked as he swung his legs over the side of the bed, gripping the edge of the mattress to calm himself.
“One of the hardest things for a vampire to do is to fall in love with a human. It is the one thing Leeteuk swore he would never do… and then he met you and everything changed. I gave him the choice for us to be together again, to start fresh… But he chose you.”

ZhouMi was interrupted by the sound of Kangin’s phone vibrating on the night stand. Kangin sighed and picked up his phone.
“It’s a message from Teukie…” he mumbled.

To:Kangin
From: Teukie
Text: Im sorry. I hope you can forgive me. I love you x

******

Leeteuk sighed as he sat down at the bar and slipped his phone back into his pocket. He fiddled with the empty glass sat in front of him as he scanned the bar area until his eyes fixed on a tall blonde man, sat behind a desk in the office to the side of the bar. He smiled angelically and winked before leaving his stool and making his way to the dance floor. Glancing out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the blonde haired man leave the office and stand at the bar, keeping his eyes trained on Leeteuk the whole time.
As he reached the open space, surrounded by crowds of dancing bodies, his own body moved on instinct with the music, his hips swayed as his eyes fell closed, despite the loud music and the voices of people around him, his ears were focused on the blonde haired man almost constantly. His breathing, his heartbeat, all seemed incredibly loud to the vampire dancing amongst the crowd.
He smirked as he heard said heartbeat approach him, to the point where it was like a drum in his ear,
he felt a pair of strong hands against his hips and smiled as he was pulled flush to the blonde’s body. He spun around on the spot and wound his arms around the blonde’s neck as the two of them danced in perfect sync to one another.

“What’s your name beautiful?” the blonde shouted as Leeteuk’s eyes fell closed, feeling the music as they danced. Leeteuk brought his mouth close to the man’s ear, inhaling his scent before pulling away, tapping his ear and shrugging. The blonde haired man got the hint and took Leeteuk’s hand, pulling him through to the office and shutting the door behind them.

“Better” Leeteuk smirked as he walked round and sat on the desk. “My name is Teukie by the way.” He said as he glanced around the room, to his relief there were no cameras.
“Teukie… I like it, it suits you” the blonde haired man smiled as he walked over and stood in front of the desk. Before he could make a second move Leeteuk had him sat on the chair as he straddled his lap, a low growl erupting at the back of his throat as the blonde moved to kiss him.
The taste of alcohol and blood rolled off Leeteuk’s tongue as he entered the blondes mouth, stopping when the strong hands were working at the buttons of his shirt.
“Ah ah ah, hands to yourself.” Leeteuk smirked as he pulled away and removed the man’s tie from around his neck “Although I have a way to solve that problem”
“I like where this is heading” the blonde chuckled as Leeteuk tied his hands behind the chair, immobilizing him.
“As do I” Leeteuk mumbled as he ran his tongue across the blonde’s neck before pulling back with a smirk, revealing his fangs for the first time as his eyes glowed bright red.

The man’s eyes widened as Leeteuk’s hand clamped down over his mouth. He pulled at the restraints on his wrists but Leeteuk didn’t show any signs of releasing him.
“Now hold still, this will only hurt a lot” He promised before sinking his fangs deep into the blonde’s neck. A choked out cry was heard as Leeteuk drank deeply, feeling the blood enter his body like he hadn’t fed in weeks. This was the fourth life he had taken in the past few days, he didn’t want to admit it but he was starting to enjoy himself.
The blonde haired man stopped struggling after a few seconds as most of the strength was out of his body along with his blood.  His heartbeat was weakening and he felt his eyes flutter shut, his head lolled back off the chair and Leeteuk took full advantage, adjusting himself to gain better access to the blonde’s neck.

Within a couple of minutes Leeteuk raised his head, lapping up the small trace of blood leaking out of the wound as the man’s heartbeat stopped. Leeteuk kissed the side of the blonde’s neck before standing up properly and wiping the blood from around his mouth.
His head was racing from the mixture of blood and alcohol in his system he felt good for the first time since he had left the house that morning.  Just as he was opening the window to the back of the office, being careful not to arouse suspicion, his phone alerted him to a message.

To: Teukie
From: Kangin
Text: Come home, please. ZhouMi told me everything… im not mad. Im sorry about what I said, I just need to know you’re safe x

******

To:Kangin
From: Teukie
Text: Don’t worry about me, im alright, im safe. I just needed to be on my own for a little while. I’ll be home soon. X

Kangin let out a sigh of relief as he read the message; Leeteuk had been gone all day with no word to anyone as to where he was going or when he would be back.
“He’s safe and he’ll be home soon” Kangin smiled as the five of them sat in the living room, the silence broken by the sound of his voice.
Kyuhyun had been allowed to leave his bed, providing he did nothing too strenuous to his torso. He was laying down on the sofa with his head in Sungmin’s lap, his eyes were closed and it looked like he was sleeping, but he was very much awake.
“ZhouMi Hyung… were you really going to have with Teukie Hyung?” he smirked as he heard a deep growl come from Kangin’s direction. Everyone now knew about what had happened between Leeteuk and ZhouMi the night Leeteuk was kidnapped… after all it’s hard to keep secrets in a house homed to six vampires.
“Yah Kyu shut up!” Sungmin giggled, poking Kyuhyun lightly on the stomach.
“Ow! Don’t do that” he pouted “I was just trying to lighten the mood… Jeez you’d think somebody died or something.”
Henry sniggered at Kyuhyun’s comment as he climbed off ZhouMi’s lap and walked into the kitchen to get something to drink.
“Kyuhyun now is not the time” ZhouMi glared, shooting a warning to the younger boy to drop the subject.
“Aish fine. Im gunna go sit outside and wait for Teukie to get home… Don’t worry Minnie im not going to go climbing trees or anything” he grinned, pecking Sungmin on the lips before standing up slowly and heading out into the garden.

“You can’t blame him for trying” Sungmin mumbled as he stretched out on the sofa. “At least he isn’t sat wallowing in self pity…”
“Shut up Sungmin…” Kangin said coldly as he walked to the window, looking out before he closed the blinds, shutting out the world.

……

Outside Kyuhyun was sat looking up at the stars. It was a peaceful night despite the cars and people passing. He enjoyed sitting outside on his own, especially at times like today where everything felt so uncertain. His ribs were almost healed, if not for a few fractures here and there, the pain had decreased and as long as he didn’t do anything too strenuous or move too fast, it was bearable.
He held a cup of steaming coffee in his hands, warming himself against the chill of the breeze, before bringing the cup to his lips and sipping the hot liquid slowly.

His ears twitched at the footsteps approaching the house, he set down the cup and smiled as Leeteuk turned the corner and entered the garden.
“You’re home!” he said happily as Leeteuk smiled at the younger boy.
“I told Kangin I would be home soon. Don’t sound so surprised.” He giggled “What are you doing outside? Aren’t you cold?” he finished.
“I was waiting for you to come home, the others are inside waiting but I prefer being out when it’s such a beautiful night.” Kyuhyun nodded as he met the older vampire half way up the garden and wrapped his arms around him.
“Kangin is an idiot, he doesn’t deserve you…” he whispered against Leeteuk’s chest as Leeteuk’s arms wrapped around his waist loosely.
“He isn’t an idiot… Well okay maybe a little, but he still means the world to me so watch your tongue” Leeteuk giggled before taking in a breath and letting it out as a happy sigh.

Kyuhyun pulled back enough to look up slightly to meet the older vampires eyes.
“Teukie Hyung… Are you drunk?”
Leeteuk shook his head. “No. whatever gives you that idea?” he grinned as Kyuhyun pulled away.
“I’ll take that as a yes” He smiled as he picked up his mug of coffee and walked ahead of Leeteuk towards the door.
“Im not drunk, not completely anyway I can still…” Leeteuk froze as Kyuhyun passed him before shaking his head and heading forward.

Leeteuk caught up to Kyuhyun and wrapped his arms around his waist from behind, startling the younger boy at first but he soon relaxed as Leeteuk rested his chin on his shoulder.
“Teukie Hyung you scared me” Leeteuk giggled softly.
“Sorry. What’s different about you tonight?”
“What do you mean?” Kyuhyun asked, turning his head  and raising an eyebrow at the older man, flinching slightly as Leeteuk’s grip tightened on his waist just a little.
“I don’t know… You just… Smell really good”
“Okay… ill take that as a compliment and take your word for it” he laughed, before gasping at the pain washing over his torso as Leeteuk’s arms tightened.
“Teukie Hyung” he whined “Your arms are too tight”

Leeteuk felt an intense hunger wash over him as he breathed in the delicious smell coming from Kyuhyun. It wasn’t his aftershave or the natural musky smell his body seemed to hold.
It was his blood.
“Mhm sorry Kyu…” he whispered as his mouth ghosted the younger boy’s neck.
Kyuhyun froze, his body suddenly feeling as if it was made of stone.
“T…Teukie m...maybe we should go inside…”
“In a minute” he whispered once more as he pulled Kyuhyun’s back to his own chest. Kyuhyun whimpered at the sudden tug and his hand relaxed around the coffee cup he held, sending it crashing to the floor and breaking at their feet.

Kyuhyun screwed his eyes shut tightly as he pulled at Leeteuk’s arm “Let me go, you’re hurting me!”
Leeteuk nuzzled his head against Kyuhyun’s neck in an attempt to calm the younger boy, but the temptation became too strong.
He swallowed thickly and his lips, before lowering his mouth, baring his fangs and biting down hard on the side of the younger boy’s neck.