Chapter 4

BloodTies

My Name Is Lee Sungmin.
A month has passed since Siwon's death, and Kyuhyun is still having nightmares. Some nights are worse than others, he would wake up screaming, crying out for me and not be able to sleep for the rest of the night, others were mild he would wake up shaking, sometimes with blood on his face and pillow, he had a bad habit of biting his lip when he was scared and his fangs got in the way, its adorable but it's starting to worry me.

His magic training is tough on him, both physically and mentally. It was tough to control magic of his power, especially since he didn't want it. We closed the bar for a while so we have a place to practice, the main room is large and once the tables and chairs had been moved we had plenty of room. But even though the room was big enough training didn't go smoothly, one night through Kyuhyun's lack of concentration he set fire to the bar and almost burned the whole place to the ground. We never thought it would be this hard.

A lot had changed in the past month, the world now knew about vampires. It started when Siwon's body was discovered with the two females who had gone missing just days before his death. The police tried to keep it to themselves, the story was a triple suicide but no one believed them, especially when rumours surfaced of the male victim having fangs, red tinted eyes and both female victims being drained of blood, the rumour soon got out of hand and the police chief in charge had a break down, revealing everything.

A lot of vampires live openly now amongst humans, receiving blood from donors or blood banks, others choose to keep their true identity to themselves and some simply see humans as nothing but food. Life was difficult now, whether you were alive or undead.

Henry was adjusting to life as a vampire. Leeteuk had promised to turn him for his 18th birthday, and he loved his new life, he talked more and was no longer shy but he still refused to fight anybody, he was to gentle, everyone noticed the difference, not just family.
The three of us returned to school once the chaos had died down, we had to be careful. Leeteuk wanted as few people to know what we were as possible but it wasn't easy. I had gone from being alone to having Kyuhyun by my side and a small boy no one had seen before, Henry was home schooled all his life until he joined with us, so people weren't used to seeing him.
People noticed how inseparable Kyuhyun and I were, we sat together in class, no one dared argue with Kyuhyun anymore so no one tried to separate us, the downside to being Siwon's son, now he was a vampire he had one hell of a temper, this was proved when he pulled his locker door off its hinges one morning but luckily only he and I were around to see.


******

The school bell rang for lunch. Kyuhyun let out a sigh of relief as he waited hand in hand with Sungmin, for Henry to get out of class. He had another magic lesson after school, and was not looking forward to it. All week he had to put up with people shouting abuse at him, calling him a freak and various other names, today was where his patience ended.

"I wish Henry would hurry up" Kyuhyun was leaning against his locker, cuddled up to Sungmin, the younger boy was taking longer than usual to leave his class and it was starting to bug Kyuhyun.

They spotted Henry walking down the hallway towards them, he looked happy as usual. He straightened up his signature hat and waved at the two of them. A group of older boys had a habit of picking on Henry, he was one of the youngest and smallest in the school and his refusal to fight made him as an easy target.
They came out of nowhere as Henry walked towards his friends, stealing his hat off the top of his head and pushing him to the ground, nothing they did ever physically hurt him, but it hurt him emotionally, he was a sensitive boy. Kyuhyun was fed up of them thinking they were better than Henry.
He stormed down the hallway after the leader of the gang, his name was Kangin. He and Kyuhyun didn't get along, even before Kyu was a vampire, there was just something that didn't click with them.

"Hey Kangin give Henry his hat back and leave him alone" He growled at the older boy. Kangin stepped away from Henry and towards Kyuhyun.

"Yah! Kyuhyun you have no manners, I'm you're Hyung! Stop trying to act tough, just because you and you're boyfriend are freaks doesn't mean you're tough. Maybe you should find one of those 'vampires' to turn you, rather than wearing contacts and makeup, then you might actually be worth my time." Kangin used quotations when he mentioned the vampires, he didn't believe the stories, let alone think vampires were real.

Kyuhyun turned his head and looked at Sungmin, who shook his head with a slight smile, his face was disapproving but his smile said otherwise. Kyuhyun smirked at his boyfriend before turning back to Kangin and slamming him into the wall and pinning him by his shoulders. He struggled but there was no point, you didn't get away from Kyuhyun until he said you could go.

"I suggest you leave Henry alone from now on… Kangin-Hyung. I don't take kindly to people targeting my family. And by the way, this isn't make up and these aren't contacts" He hissed showing his fangs through his smirk.

The older boy panicked when he saw the sharp teeth and glowing Sapphire Blue eyes staring at him. Kyuhyun simply smiled and tilted his head to the side giving Kangin an innocent look before letting him go.
He helped Henry up off the floor as Kangin sat against the wall shaking. Everyone watched as Kyuhyun took Sungmin's hand and the three of them walked down the hall and out of sight, nobody had ever seen Kangin scared before, because nothing usually scared him, but there was something different about the now blue eyed boy, and everyone felt it.

******

After lunch everyone made their way back to class, accept for Kyuhyun, he had a free period so he was sat studying in the library. It was his favourite place in the whole school, quiet, no people, it gave him time alone to think. His usual table was down at the bottom end of the library, there were shelves surrounding and only a small gap to access the table, not many people knew it was there making it the best place to sit.
He was sat reading a book on magic when he heard a voice behind him, bringing a smirk to his face.

"You don't scare me Cho Kyuhyun. You're just another freak like you're boyfriend and that baby that tags along with you." Kyuhyun turned his head to see Kangin stood behind him, his right hand balled up into a fist.

"Yah Kangin I'm going to pretend you didn't just insult my family, but I suggest you disappear. Now!" he turned back to his book and turned the page, ignoring the older boy.

"You have no manners for your Hyung, and it's starting to piss me off." As Kangin stepped forward and raised his fist, Kyuhyun was out of his chair and had the older boy pinned against the book shelf by his throat.

"You want to talk to me about manners Hyung?" Kyuhyun's eyes were glowing the deepest blue as his fingers tightened around Kangin's neck, the older boy gasped for breath, clawing at Kyuhyun's arm, trying to free himself.

"Kyuhyun…I….I'm…. sorry"

"There, now was that so hard?" He released the older boy and smirked. Kangin held his throat, gasping for breath as Kyuhyun stepped backwards. Before Kangin could move or speak Kyuhyun grabbed his arm and twisted it behind the older boys back, holding it firmly in place as he placed his other hand over Kangin's mouth, before whispering in the older boys ear

"I'm sorry too Kangin Hyung, Sorry about this." He sank his fangs deep into Kangin's neck and drank hungrily. The older boy yelped, the grip on his mouth tightened as he felt his attacker draining the life from his body. Kyuhyun felt Kangin's body weaken and raised his head, he lapped up the blood from the bite wound and once again whispered.

"I told you it wasn't makeup. Now Kangin Hyung, this will be our little secret alright? If anybody finds out about this, I'll kill you myself, is that understood?" The older boy nodded before Kyuhyun released his grip and Kangin fell to his knees, holding his neck.
Kyuhyun smiled and picked up his things, he made sure his mouth was clean of blood and walked towards the library doors. Kangin turned and watched the younger boy leave. A small smirk was on his face, as the door closed behind Kyuhyun he slowly stood up, holding the table for support.

"Got you" he whispered quietly as the smirk on his face grew.

******

They skipped training that night, none of them were in the mood and Kyuhyun was exhausted so they made their way home getting a bite to eat on the way, even they had no need to eat regular food they still did, the chance to relax and chat whilst eating always calmed them down.
They had moved out of Sungmin's small apartment and gotten a large house, with five of them living in the same small apartment they were ready to murder each other.
Their new house had five large bedrooms and a smaller sixth, which got used as storage for various musical instruments belonging to Sungmin and Henry. There were two large reception rooms as well as a large kitchen and dining room, and it had three bathrooms. It was more like a palace than a house, which was fitting, considering Kyuhyun was indeed a prince.

When they arrived home they threw down their school things and made their way into the main room where everyone liked to hang out together. Leeteuk was lounging on the sofa reading a book, while Hyukjae was curled up on the floor with a shirtless Donghae in his arms. They had a blanket pulled over the two of them and were sleeping peacefully.
After everything the two had been through while Hyukjae was bound to Siwon, and insane for blood, the two had met again once Hyukjae was bound to Leeteuk.  They confessed their love for each other and have been together for around three weeks. Henry walked over and kicked the sleeping boys to wake them, making Hyukjae pounce, pinning him to the floor.

"Hyung its Henry! Chill" he laughed as Hyukjae scowled at him before getting up and stretching. Donghae sat up and rubbed his eyes, revealing small purple bruises on his neck and collarbone and little bite marks here and there around his torso. He was still human, he liked the fact that he could tell people he was dating a vampire, even if most people didn't believe him.
Sungmin giggled before slapping Hyukjae across the back of the head.

"Yah! What have we told you, no more biting Donghae!" Sungmin's face was now stern, he was being serious, they couldn't be too careful.

"Ow don't hit me! It's not my fault. He made me do it" He squeaked and looked at Donghae.
Who was hiding his face in the blanket, his cheeks were bright red and he was giggling uncontrollably. Once he caught his breath he spoke.

"Don't look at me like that! I don't mind it when I have a choice" he screwed his eye tightly and hid his face again. The rest of the boys laughed as Leeteuk smiled and shook his head.

"You guys make me feel so old sometimes" he laughed as Henry pounced on him and snuggled up to his side.

******

Kyuhyun was sat on a seat by the window on his own. He had his knees pulled up to his chest with his arms wrapped round them tightly. Sungmin turned to speak to him before realising his boyfriend wasn't there. He walked into the other room to find Kyuhyun in a daze.

"I wondered where you went. You'll never guess what Hyukjae and Donghae have been up to" Kyuhyun didn't answer instead he turned his head and looked at Sungmin, who was seemingly dancing into the room. He smiled at the older boy before slowly getting up.
He stumbled as he got to his feet, crashing into Sungmin and sending them both flying into the wall.

" I'm sorry Sungmin-Hyung, I just" he paused and sat on the floor "Why is the room spinning"
he rested his head on his knee's trying to steady his vision. Sungmin perched next to the dizzy boy and felt his head with his palm.

"Kyuhyun you're burning up!  Leeteuk I need your help" Leeteuk entered the room, giggling at the other boys.

"Yah what is it brother?" his laughter stopped when he saw the worried look on Sungmin's face.

"I think Kyuhyun's sick. But that can't happen right? I mean vampires don't get sick. He's burning up. Leeteuk what's going on" The older vampire looked puzzled before speaking.

"First things first get him upstairs to bed, he has flu. It's rare in vampires but it's more common in vampires that have just been recently changed, and given the amount of magic training he has been doing, everyone can see he is exhausted. He will be fine in a week or so." Sungmin nodded and lifted Kyuhyun into his arms, holding him close to his chest. Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's neck and rested his head on his shoulder.

Sungmin carried the sick boy carefully upstairs and laid him on the bed before kissing him on the forehead.

"Is there anything I can get you?" Kyuhyun shook his head before tugging Sungmin's arm.

"Minnie, can you close the blinds? The light hurts my eyes" he said as he pulled a blanket over his head to shut out the light. Sungmin nodded and closed the blinds, trying to shut out as much light as possible, before leaving the room and letting Kyuhyun rest.

He made his way into the main room and slumped into the sofa next to Henry.

"It's my fault he's sick. I pushed him too hard with his training." He sighed and rubbed his head.

"It's not your fault brother, he's just run down. He told me about the nightmares, they are probably more the cause than you, he hasn't been sleeping well you know that. Let him sleep for a few days, he'll be better in no time" Leeteuk sat beside Sungmin and wrapped his arm around him, giving him a much needed cuddle.

******

Days passed and Kyuhyun wasn't any better. He had been asleep for two full days, waking up only when the nightmares or fever got the better of him. When he finally woke his body ached all over and he had the worst headache, he sat up slowly and rested his head in his hands rubbing his temple to try and shift the pain but it only made it worse.

"Hey sleeping beauty. How're you feeling?" Kyuhyun looked up to see Sungmin leaning against the doorframe, wearing nothing but sweatpants with a towel hanging off his shoulder.

"Awful. And you're making me feel worse go put a shirt on, otherwise I can't be held responsible for what I do to you." He smirked and rubbed his head.

"Hey I didn't know you would be awake, I was just in the shower and decided to check on you. Be prepared I'll be back in a minute" He giggled and walked out of the room, shaking his hips as he walked, teasing the sick boy.
Kyuhyun groaned as he fell back onto the pillow with a smile on his face, pulling the blanket up to his neck he closed his eyes, but his headache was too bad to sleep, once he reopened his eyes Sungmin was stood beside the bed grinning. He motioned his torso, showing off a pink t-shirt.

"Better? Spoil sport. Yah move over a little." He giggled as Kyuhyun shifted from the middle of the bed. He sat on the bed beside his boyfriend, his back leaning against the headrest. Kyuhyun cuddled up to him, wrapping his arms around Sungmin's waist and resting his head on his chest.
Sungmin could feel the heat coming off Kyuhyun. His temperature was still extremely high.
The two heard heavy footsteps running up he stairs and towards their room, Hyukjae appeared and grinned.

"We're all going to watch a movie, want to join us?"  Sungmin shook his head. But Kyuhyun protested.

"Yes! I'm sick of being stuck up here on my own just because I'm sick. We'll be down in a few minutes" he smiled as Hyukjae left, he poked Sungmin's stomach.

"Come on I want to watch a movie. Help me up." Sungmin sighed and picked the younger boy up into his arms. He was still too weak to walk on his own and being carried was easier plus he was starting to get used to it.
Once they got downstairs Sungmin sat Kyuhyun down on the sofa next to him, the younger boy cuddled up to Sungmin, with the blanket pulled up over the both of them. The rest of the boys entered the room and sat down.

"Teukie Hyung, what movie are we watching?" Kyuhyun asked as he coughed slightly.

"Kyuhyun you're out of bed, does this mean you're feeling better?" Leeteuk said with a smile, but the young boy just shook his head.

"He didn't want to stay upstairs all on his own anymore." Sungmin smiled as he kissed Kyuhyun's clammy forehead.
Leeteuk nodded.

"We're watching Howl's moving castle Kyuhyun Hyung, it was my choice" Henry giggled and curled up on his beanbag.

******

An hour into the film Kyuhyun was asleep, his head was nuzzled into Sungmin's chest and his hand was resting over his heart. Sungmin looked over at Leeteuk, to see he was watching Kyuhyun closely, his face was soft and he looked worried, it had been a week since Kyuhyun fell sick and he wasn't showing any signs of getting better. Sungmin smiled at his brother, who was about to speak when there was a loud knock at the door. Leeteuk was at the door in seconds but the knock had already disturbed Kyuhyun, he yawned and opened his eyes as Leeteuk answered the door.

Leeteuk bowed at the person at the door, but no one could see who was there until a police man entered the house. The rest of the boys looked at each other, puzzled as to why he was there.

"Annyeonghaseyo boys" the man bowed politely as the rest of the boys bowed their heads.

"I'm sorry for the intrusion, may I speak to Kyuhyun please? Alone" Hyukjae, Donghae and Henry nodded and left the room but Sungmin and Leeteuk stayed put.

"I'm sorry, forgive me for my rudeness, but I'm staying. He's sick right now, as you can see. Anything you have to say to him you can say to me too, because he will only tell me later." Sungmin pulled Kyuhyun closely to him. The man nodded.

"As you wish. Kyuhyun can you tell me where you were two days ago?"

"I was sleeping" Kyuhyun coughed and pulled the blanket up to his chest. Leeteuk approached the man and explained.

"He has been here for the past week he hasn't left the house once. He has the flu and has been in bed. Everybody in the house can back this up. May I ask what this is about?" Leeteuk perched on the sofa beside Sungmin.

"A boy from their school has gone missing, Kangin. He disappeared from his home a couple of days ago. I've spoken to people close to him and they said the last time they saw him was when Kyuhyun had him pinned to a wall at school, threatening him."
Kyuhyun's eyes widened as leeteuk glared at him.

"I didn't threaten him, I just scared him a little. He was bullying Henry for no reason. I just told him to leave him alone. That was the last time I saw him, I've been here ever since." He clutched his stomach in pain.
"I'm gunna be sick" He jumped up off the sofa and staggered to the bathroom.

"I'm sorry I picked a bad time. I'll come back another day when he's feeling better" the man bowed and left.

Leeteuk and Sungmin ran to the bathroom after Kyuhyun, who was slumped against the wall with his head in his knees. Sungmin wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun and lifted him up, his fever was worse than ever and he had blood trailing from his mouth down his chin, he was unconscious.

"Leeteuk this isn't flu, it can't be. His temperature is through the roof and he's vomiting blood. He needs a doctor." Sungmin carried Kyuhyun upstairs and laid him on the bed, Leeteuk was close behind.

"I know of one person I could call. But I don't know whether now is a good time."  He glanced at Sungmin who sighed.

"Do it. I don't really care how much I hate him right now. Kyuhyun is going to find out eventually, if he can help, call him."
Leeteuk left the room, and pulled out his cell phone, he dialled the number of the only person they could think of, that would know what was wrong with Kyuhyun.
Siwon's brother, Yesung.

To be continued