Chapter 7

BloodTies

An unimaginable pain washed through Kyuhyun's body as he drank from Kangin. It was worse than anything he had ever felt before, but he kept his mouth firmly around the cut, his fangs deep within the flesh of the older boy's wrist.
Hyukjae and Donghae were downstairs with Henry, who had awakened after Kyuhyun had started to lose it. They sat and ate their breakfast while Yesung, Sungmin and Leeteuk were upstairs with Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun's mouth relaxed around Kangin's arm, he closed his eyes as he swallowed the last mouthful of blood he could manage before he fell back onto the bed, writhing in pain.

"Minnie!" He cried out, clutching his head with one hand and his stomach with the other, he curled up in the middle of the bed, crying in pain.

"I'm here baby. Im not leaving don't worry im right here" Sungmin sat on the bed and pulled Kyuhyun to his chest, cradling and his head as he cried.

"What's going on? I thought my blood was clean, I… I don't understand" Kangin backed up slowly, holding his hand to his wrist to try and stop the bleeding. Leeteuk took a tie off his chair and wrapped it tightly around the wound stopping the flow. He smiled at Kangin before hugging him tight.

"You're blood is clean Kangin. Thank you. But it's not your blood that has done this, at least not this time. He is too weak to take it, the amount he needs is too much for him to handle. I knew it would be difficult, I just hoped it wouldn't be this bad." He pulled out a bag from under the bed and opened it, it was filled with medical equipment. He took out a tube and a needle.

"This is the only other way to get your blood into him right now. Kangin Roll up your sleeve, and you might want to sit down." Yesung set up the needle, Kangin sat on the bed beside Kyuhyun with his back against the headrest.

"If you'd have told me a few weeks ago that I would be sat in a house full of vampires, giving my blood to save, my worst enemy, I would have declared you insane." Kangin laughed as Yesung slipped the needle into his arm and secured it in place, wrapping a bandage tight around it.

"Kyuhyun lie still, I need to put this into your arm! Sungmin hold him still please" Kyuhyun struggled as Yesung tried to secure the needle. Sungmin held his boyfriend tightly and held out the boys arm, giving Yesung the chance to secure the needle in place, letting Kangin's blood flow down the tube and directly into Kyuhyun.

Five minutes passed, Kangin's chest felt heavy, as his breathing increased he held tightly on to Leeteuk's hand, as the older boy stood next to him beside the bed. Ten minutes passed, his head started to spin and he started to sweat.

After around fifteen minutes Kangin had come to the end of the road, his grip on Leeteuk's hand loosened and he fell to the side, crashing into the older boy. Luckily Leeteuk was prepared for this and caught him before he crashed down to the floor.

"Whoa I've got you. Kangin stay with me, stay awake" Leeteuk sat on the bed, holding onto Kangin, who was almost unconscious.
Kyuhyun was lying still in Sungmin's arms when he suddenly started wriggling, pulling on the tube in his arm before he ripped it clean out, leaving behind a deep gash.

"No more, no. Don't want it. It hurts get it out of me. Minnie what's happening, why do I hurt" he cried as blood started to run from his arm. Sungmin held him tightly, burying his boyfriends face into his chest so he wouldn't see him cry.

"Yesung what do I do?" Sungmin asked as he tried to hold back his tears. Yesung smiled as he bandaged up Kyuhyun's arm.

"It's alright, this is normal. Now you need to give him your venom"
Sungmin nodded as he continued to cradle Kyuhyun, not wanting to let him go.

******

Leeteuk helped Kangin into Donghae's room and onto the bed. Sitting on the bed he took Kangin's hand and smiled. Kangin fought through the dizziness and sat up against the back of the bed.

"Thank you Kangin. Im proud of you, we didn't exactly give you any choice whether you helped us or not, Im sorry for that. But I am grateful that you decided to help us in the end. And I am sorry about what happened at school and earlier. Im not usually like that" he blushed slightly, a sight that shocked Kangin, he didn't think vampires were capable of blushing. He giggled and squeezed the older boy's hand.

"I caused all of this, even If I didn't mean to. I couldn't sit back and let Kyuhyun die, no matter how much he wants me dead right now, and Hyung?" Kangin looked Leeteuk directly in the eyes with a smile.

"Ne?" His eyes seemed to sparkle and hypnotize Kangin.

"Do you have to talk so much?" He grinned as Leeteuk's mouth fell open.

"Well you don't have to be rude about it" he smiled as he lapped up the blood running from the wound where the needle had been, Kangin bit down on his lip as Leeteuk's tongue traced the crease of him arm. He traces of blood from the cut before pulling a bandage out of his pocket and wrapping it round Kangin's arm.

"All better" he smiled as he the traces of blood from around his mouth.
Kangin smiled and leaned in close to the older boy, pressing their lips together softly, ignoring his own blood that coated Leeteuk's mouth.
Leeteuk parted the younger boy's lips with his tongue before biting down softly on his own lip and then Kangin's, making the butterflies Kangin had experienced in the school return. He giggled and placed his hands on his Hyung's hips before pulling him down onto the bed by the belt loops on his jeans.
That was the moment the usually graceful Leeteuk fell and looked like a complete idiot.
As Leeteuk was pulled down onto the bed, he was so absorbed in exploring the younger boy's mouth that he didn't realise how close he was to the wall. Colliding with the bedpost and crashing into the wall, headfirst, before falling onto the bed.
Kangin covered his mouth with his hand, trying to hide the laughter.

"Aish! that hurt" Leeteuk rubbed his head as he sat up on the bed. The two made eye contact, severing any control they had over what just happened. They both howled with laughter as the image played back in their heads.

"Leeteuk Hyung are you alright? Im so sorry that was my fault!" Kangin laughed as he wrapped his arms around the older boy in an apologetic hug.

"Im fine but I'll get you back for that, when you least expect it." He grinned as his arms tightened around Kangin before letting go. Leeteuk got up off the bed, rubbing his head as he walked over to the mirror.

"No damage done, which means I don't have to kill you" he giggled and poked his tongue out at Kangin, who was shuffling off the end of the bed. He stood up weakly and grabbed Leeteuk's hand, pulling him out of the room.

"Yah Kangin what are you doing, you need to rest!" he pulled his hand away as the younger boy stood and faced him.

"Hyung im…im fine" he shook his head, trying to shake away the dizziness that had caught up with him, but it didn't work, instead he tumbled forward into Leeteuk's arms.

"How did you know I was going to fall, what are you psychic? Oh wait don't answer that" he laughed weakly as Leeteuk helped him back to the bed.

"No Sherlock" He giggled
"Now you stay here and rest! If I see you outside this room within the next few hours you will have hell to pay"

"Alright, but on one condition, you stay with me" he smiled sweetly as he pulled the covers over himself.

"Aish you're a pain. But fine, give me five minutes and I'll be back. I need to see how Kyuhyun is doing."

******

Kyuhyun was fast asleep in Sungmin's arms when Leeteuk went to check on him. Yesung stepped out of the bathroom, having just had a shower, and was drying his hair with the towel, he smiled at Leeteuk before collapsing in the chair in the corner of the room.

"How is he Yesung? Is it working?" he leaned against the wall looking at the sleeping boy. Yesung nodded.

"He fell asleep pretty quickly, he's exhausted, but he's stable. Sungmin's venom seems to be working. We know he's not dead because he won't shut up, he keeps mumbling things. None of us can tell what he's saying though" He laughed and slung the towel over his shoulders.

"By the way Leeteuk Hyung how's your head?" He grinned as Leeteuk cocked an eyebrow.

"My head? My head is fine, why do you ask?"
Yesung nodded his head with a smile, signalling for Leeteuk to look at the door. He turned around to see Donghae, Hyukjae and Henry stood poking their heads around the doorframe, giggling like schoolgirls.

"Leeteuk and Kangin sitting in a tree…." Henry started to sing, but he never got to finish the song before Leeteuk was chasing them.

"You three are a pain in the ! How old are you five?" Yesung and Sungmin laughed as they heard the oldest boy running and screaming after the three boys. Hyukjae and Henry managed to avoid the older vampire easily but Donghae, still being human, was no match for his speed and was caught within seconds.

"Hyukjae help me! He's got me." Donghae yelped as Leeteuk picked him up over his shoulder and tickled him, making him scream with laughter.

"No Hyung im sorry, please stop." He howled as Hyukjae and Henry came to his rescue.

Back in Leeteuk's bedroom Yesung was sat shaking his head, laughing quietly.

"I see some things never change. Is he like this all the time with them?"
Sungmin smiled and nodded, Kyuhyun's head gently.

"Pretty much but with everything that's been happening lately it's good to see him like this. It's good to see him happy and I think we have Kangin to thank for that. It's been a long day, im gunna get some sleep." He snuggled his head into a pillow beside Kyuhyun, his arms staying firmly around his sleeping boyfriend. Yesung smiled and pulled a blanket over the two of them.

"Goodnight Sungmin. Just yell if you or Kyuhyun need anything" he patted Kyuhyun lightly on the head.

"Yesung Hyung. Thank you, I know we haven't always seen eye to eye, maybe that's because of Siwon I don't know. But im glad you're here. Otherwise I don't know what would have happened. Kyuhyun would probably be dead and then I…" Sungmin shook his head as thoughts of him losing Kyuhyun crept into his mind once again.

"Don't worry, the past is the past for a reason Sungmin." He smiled, reassuring the worried boy.
"Get some sleep, you both need it." He left the room, closing the door behind him.
Sungmin wrapped his arms tightly around Kyuhyun pulling him close to his chest. He moved his head down level with the sleeping boys before kissing him on the forehead.

"I love you sweet prince Kyuhyun. Forever and always" he whispered as he closed his eyes. The last thing he heard before falling asleep was a quiet whisper from Kyuhyun's lips.

"Love you to…My Minnie… Always…Forever" Kyuhyun snuggled into Sungmin's chest as the older boy fell asleep with a smile on his face, the happiest he had been in a long time.

******

Leeteuk kept his promise to Kangin, returning to keep him company after chasing the boys around the house.

"I swear those three will be the death of me. How are you feeling?" He perched on the bed next to Kangin and smiled.

"Better now, Lightheaded but better than before." He pulled Leeteuk onto the bed and cuddled up to him, resting his head on the older boy's chest.

"Leeteuk Hyung, can I ask something? It might sound a little strange though" Leeteuk simply nodded as his arms s around Kangin's waist.

"Why do you breathe if your heart doesn't beat? It's a stupid question I know."

"We don't need to, for obvious reasons. We try and keep ourselves hidden to humans. People tend not to question you if they think you are human, they can't see a beating heart, but they tend to notice if you don't breathe. We do a lot of things we have no need to do anymore. Breath, eat normal food even go to school. It makes life easier if people don't question you're humanity and whether your dead or not." He chuckled as he ran his tongue across his lips.

"Another thing I've noticed Hyung. Why do you treat Kyuhyun like a prince? Everyone is so focused on him, all of the time. Even before all of this happened and we were all at school I noticed it, they way you all act around him. I've come to the conclusion you're all scared of him" He giggled as he nuzzled his head across Leeteuk's chest.
Leeteuk smiled.

"We aren't afraid of him, at least not now he has control of his temper. You think we spoil him? I agree with that but there are reasons for it." Kangin looked up, making eye contact with the older boy.

"Im Listening…"

"Aish you're so nosey. We spoil him… No sorry, we treat him like a prince because he is a prince. And that is the reason why we spoil him. The past few months have been hard on him. Finding out about us, about who he was, his family, his transition, not to forget the times he almost died. He used to hate how we treated him, but I think he has gotten used to it."
Kangin sat up on the bed and glared at Leeteuk.

"Hyung are you feeling alright? I knew his parents, they were café owners. Not royalty."

"You may have known him since you were both small Kangin, but you don't truly know him.
He didn't know who he truly was until a few months ago."

"What do you mean?" Kangin asked as he cuddled up to Leeteuk's side. The older boy wrapped his arms around Kangin once more and continued.

"Kyuhyun's parents weren't his real parents. His real father was a vampire lord, his mother a princess but also a powerful sorceress. Their love was forbidden but they married and she fell pregnant. Unfortunately she died giving birth to him and his father couldn't handle having a human child, resulting in him giving Kyuhyun away. Because he was born human no one ever suspected anything, letting him lead a normal life. But when he was in transition Siwon, his father, kidnapped him and changed him before Sungmin could finish the process. At that time no one knew the connection. But one night we all found out, Kyuhyun went to confront Siwon but the meeting resulted in his death."

"Wait Siwon? Wasn't that the name of the vampire that was found dead? But that would mean Kyuhyun killed him?" Kangin scratched his head, trying to process everything he had just heard.

"Yes. Sungmin and Siwon had a past, and it wasn't a good one. Siwon wanted Sungmin dead because he felt as if his son had been stolen from him. Kyuhyun's love and protection over Sungmin resulted in his father's death."  Leeteuk pulled away from Kangin and stretched.

"Siwon is also the reason Kyuhyun has such a bad and violent temper. It's got worse since he has been a vampire but we have it under control now. Just don't ever challenge him, because im telling you now, you will lose" He laughed as he walked into the bathroom and started to run a bath, leaving Kangin alone in the bedroom.

******

Early the next morning Sungmin was fidgeting in his sleep. He settled down and slowly opened his eyes, jumping slightly at what he saw.

He opened his eyes to see Kyuhyun looking back at him. His eyes were the deep sapphire blue Sungmin remembered, hypnotising him like before. His skin was ice white once again, not a healthy colour for a human, but luckily he wasn't human. He smiled as he ran his fingers through Sungmin's hair.

"Good morning" His voice was rough but it instantly brought a smile to Sungmin's face.

"You're awake! Oh thank god you're awake" he flung his arms around Kyuhyun, holding him tightly.
Kyuhyun giggled and cuddled up to him, after a few minutes locked in the embrace the young boy squeaked.

"Minnie, too tight" Sungmin instantly released his grip, biting his lip, Kyuhyun giggled.

"Did you know you twitch your nose when you sleep? Like a bunny. And you nibble your lip a lot to." He smiled, giving the older boy butterflies.

"I don't do it on purpose!" he covered his face with his hands, hiding his blush. "How long were you watching me sleep? It's kind of creepy" he giggled as Kyuhyun kissed him on the nose.

"Im not sure, I think I've been awake for a while but I can't be sure. I don't have the energy to get out of bed so I thought I'd just watch you for a while" A smile took over his face as Sungmin sat up; revealing his chest and stomach, his shirt was ed.
Sungmin looked down and saw a bite mark on his collarbone, with a few small purple bruises on his chest.

"This was buttoned up when I fell asleep! And as for the bite mark and the bruises" He glared at Kyuhyun, who just lay on the bed smiling before poking his tongue out at his boyfriend.

"I got bored!" he giggled as Sungmin knelt over him and tickled his stomach, the one place Kyuhyun was ticklish. The young boy howled with laughter as Sungmin's fingers traced his stomach; before they knew it Leeteuk was at the door, worried by the howls of the young boy. They sounded like screams from down the hall.
His face lit up when he saw that Kyuhyun was awake and already looking better.

"Aish don't scare me like that! Your laugh sounded like a scream I thought something was wrong. Kyuhyun im thrilled that you're alright" He smiled and bent down to hug the younger boy.

"Thank you Teukie Hyung, im sorry if we woke you, and im sorry about scaring you"

"You didn't wake me, I was already up." He smiled, eyeing Sungmin's chest. "Well id say by the looks of things you're defiantly feeling better. Some things never change" Kyuhyun pulled the blanket up over his head and laughed.

******
For the rest of the day people were in and out of the bedroom as Kyuhyun lay in bed recovering.
He got jumped on repeatedly by Henry and sometimes Donghae and Hyukjae, he began to question whether he really was the second youngest, Henry acting like a child didn't bother him because the way he saw it he was. As for Donghae and Hyukjae, well they just needed to grow up.

Leeteuk brought him a large glass of blood, which he sipped cautiously, after what happened the last time he didn't want to risk it, his throat felt like it was on fire as he drank, an after effect from the time spent vomiting. He drank the full glass down within minutes, the ache that he felt through his whole body started to ease making him let out a happy sigh.

"So far so good, it doesn't feel like last time. It feels… better" Leeteuk nodded as Kyuhyun grinned.

"Then you are finally over the worst." He smiled and hugged the young boy tightly; Kyuhyun returned the hug and let out a soft whisper.

"Finally"

******

Three weeks passed and Kyuhyun was finally out of bed. He still couldn't leave the house; he wasn't strong enough for that yet. His strength was returning slowly, he had gotten past the point where Donghae could pin him to the floor when they play fought, and was slowly starting to be stronger than Henry. He hated being weak, it made him feel helpless, defenceless.

"Aish I hate this; I hate the fact that Henry can kick my !" Kyuhyun collapsed into the sofa, drinking down a full glass of blood within seconds.

"It will take time for you to return to normal, if you ever were normal. Your strength will return over time, you just need to rest and feed. I'll stop by the blood bank on the way home later and stock up." Leeteuk ruffled Kyuhyun's hair and pulled on his jacket.

"Where are you going? And I've never been normal, never will be" He giggled as he his lips.

"Kangin and I are going to the mall; I promised I would treat him, since I missed his birthday." Kyuhyun scoffed at the name, even though Kangin had saved his life, Kyuhyun still despised the older boy, after all he almost died because of him, even if he didn't mean for any of this to happen.
Kangin walked into the room, pulling on a scarf and gloves, it was snowing outside, but the cold didn't bother Leeteuk.

"Annyeong Kyuhyun" he smiled as he headed out of the door. Kyuhyun simply stuck out his tongue at the boy he hated, receiving a light slap from Leeteuk.

"Behave! I know you don't like him but he did save your life. And he is a part of mine now. Deal with it."
Kyuhyun pouted in response. As leeteuk turned to walk out of the door Kyuhyun shot up and ran over to the older boy. He wrapped his arms around Leeteuk's stomach and rested his chin on his shoulder. Leeteuk stopped and smiled at the younger boy.

"Im sorry Teukie Hyung. Saranghaeyo! I'll try to be nice to Kangin" Leeteuk wrapped his hands around his waist, resting them on Kyuhyun's arms.

"I forgive you. Now let me go please, the mall will be closing soon" He smiled as Kyuhyun slipped his arms from Leeteuk's waist. Kyuhyun watched him walk down the garden path, hand in hand with Kangin. He grunted to himself, unaware of Sungmin walking in the room behind him.

"I don't know what's worse, Dying or being nice to him" He jumped at Sungmin's voice.

"I'd say dying was defiantly worse." He laughed and slipped his hands around Kyuhyun's waist swaying him gently back and forth.

"We'll see. I thought you were outside with the kids" Kyuhyun was stuck inside while Donghae, Hyukjae and Henry were playing in the snow, Sungmin had joined them when they decided to have a snowball fight, Kyuhyun sat at the window watching them.

"Kids? And yeah I was but I got bored when they started making snow angels" he laughed and kissed Kyuhyun softly on the cheek.

"Yes Kids, you know, children. I refuse to accept that Hyukjae and Donghae are my Hyungs, They are childish." He smirked as Sungmin poked him in the stomach.

"Well that is true. But it's not their fault they are simple" Both boys laughed before sitting down on the sofa, cuddled up under a blanket.

******

A few hours later, as the sun was beginning to set, Kangin and Leeteuk returned, hand in hand despite the bags they were carrying.

"Annyeong were home, and we brought gifts" Leeteuk called as the three snow covered boys ran back into the house, grins on their faces at the thought of a gift, and it wasn't even Christmas yet.

"Sorry boys Kyuhyun only this time. He's been through a lot and we bought him something to cheer him up"
Leeteuk handed a black paper bag to Kyuhyun, he peeked inside and his face instantly lit up like a shining star. It was a new handheld games console.

"Kamsahamnida Teukie Hyung, this is amazing!" he jumped up out of Sungmin's hold and hugged the older boy tightly, almost jumping up and down with excitement.

"Well actually, Kangin bought you that." Kyuhyun froze, summoning his self control, remembering what Leeteuk had said. He approached Kangin and bowed.

"Kamsahamnida Kangin Hyung" He returned upright and smiled back at Leeteuk.

"I bought you this" He handed a small blue box to Kyuhyun; he opened it to find a small silver harmonica sat within a black case.

"Thank you Thank you Thank you" he jumped up and down, making himself dizzy.

"Im glad you like it" Leeteuk smiled and sat on the sofa, as Hyukjae, Donghae and Henry went outside to play in the snow once again, forgetting instantly that the gifts weren't for them.

An hour passed, everyone was comfy sat around the fire, sharing stories and relaxing. Kyuhyun was cuddled up to Sungmin, Donghae to Hyukjae, Leeteuk to Kangin; Henry was sat beside the fire, poking the wood with a stick, while Yesung was playing the guitar. There was a knock at the door, and Leeteuk jumped up.

"Yah ill get it" He smiled as he opened the door. Stood in front of him was a pale man whom he didn't recognise.

"May I help you friend?"

"Are you Leeteuk?" The stranger asked.

"Ne. Who might you be? I haven't seen you before, how do you know my name?"

"I have been told to give you this" He handed Leeteuk a black envelope bowed and walked away.

Leeteuk closed the door behind him, studying the envelope, taking out a small letter.

"Well that was strange. I don't know who that was but he handed me this and…" Leeteuk froze as he read the letter.

"Hyung? What is it?" Sungmin got up off the sofa and walked over to Leeteuk, taking the letter from his hands. Leeteuk was like a statue, before he slid down the wall, resting his head in his hands staring blankly at the floor.

"Minnie what is it?" Kyuhyun asked as the rest of them looked on, worried by the oldest boy's reaction, no one had ever seen Leeteuk like this. They had never seen him looking terrified.

Sungmin read the letter.

Leeteuk
I've waited so long to see you, you did well hiding from me all these years.
You've grown you're hair. I like it, brown suits you.
I think the last time I saw you it was blonde was it not?
Im happy to have found you my love, my angel.
Say Hi to Sungmin for me.
I shall see you soon.
Z xox


Leeteuk looked up, making eye contact with a worried looking Sungmin. He blinked sending tears down his cheeks. He opened his mouth to speak, sending more of a squeak from his lips than any real sound.

"He found us"

To Be Continued...