Chapter 14

BloodTies

Kangin…

I miss you. I miss your voice, your smile, I miss the way you run your fingers through my hair, the way you kiss my neck. My heart broke into a million pieces when you closed your eyes.
This is my third letter to you, im writing these in an attempt to numb the pain, but it’s not really helping.

It’s already been a week since the crash but it still feels like yesterday… Kyuhyun is confined to his bed, he broke 5 ribs and his head injury was worse than we thought but Sungmin is looking after him…Donghae survived, he’s adjusting to vampire life, even though he hates the fact it was Heechul that started his transformation, he’s doing alright. He and Hyukjae have moved out… They live across the river in ZhouMi’s old house; he gave it to them and moved in here. It’s a lot quieter in the house without them.
Heechul… we don’t say that name so much anymore, even though he is dead, it causes too much pain…
Henry’s nightmares are fading, though he still wakes up crying during the night, luckily ZhouMi can calm him down… the two are dating now, they never leave each other’s sides.

I hate this… I don’t know what to do anymore. I can’t eat, I don’t leave the house much and im pretty sure I haven’t slept since the accident…Everyone has someone right now… and im all alone.

I keep waiting for you to wake up…I see you lying on the bed and my heart breaks, more than I thought possible. You look like your sleeping; I wish so much that you were.
I have my good days where it doesn’t hurt as much… and I have my bad days…Today is a bad day.
Hurry back to me baby… please, I can’t do this on my own.
I can’t do this much longer…
I love you...always.

Leeteuk
x

Leeteuk sighed and folded up the letter, placing it on the bedside table with the others, before taking Kangin’s hand in his own.
“Wake up… please” he whispered as tears rolled down his cheeks.
“Teukie… Are you alright?” ZhouMi asked as he popped his head around the door.
Leeteuk shook his head, not moving as ZhouMi walked in and sat on the bed next to him.
“He will wake up” he said softly as he took Leeteuk’s free hand and squeezed it. “He has your venom in his body… it was in his system before his heart stopped… it will bring him back.” He finished.
“I hope you are right…”
“Teukie… im sorry, I know I keep saying it but I am. It’s my fault this happened”
“No… the crash wasn’t your fault, nobody knew that was coming, not even me. The crash did this to him…not…” ZhouMi wrapped an arm around Leeteuk, pulling him into his side for comfort.
“It’s alright, you don’t have to explain. He will be alright Leeteuk, I promise you that” he whispered and placed a light kiss on Leeteuk’s forehead.
The two sat in silence for over half an hour while Leeteuk continued to cry as he held onto Kangin’s hand.

“Mimi? Are you up here?” Henry called as he headed upstairs.
“In here Henry”
Henry made his way to Leeteuk’s room, smiling slightly as he entered.
“I don’t know if you both want anything but dinner is ready. I’ll be downstairs”

ZhouMi stood up as Henry left the room, and turned to leeteuk, holding out his hand.
“You need to eat something Teukie” Leeteuk shook his head.
“Im not hungry”
“Don’t lie to me, you haven’t eaten in days. At this rate…if… when Kangin awakens, you will not have the strength or the energy to complete his transformation. He may survive, but he will not be bonded to you!”
Leeteuk sighed and released Kangin’s hand before taking ZhouMi’s.
“You said it yourself; if he wakes up… what’s the point. It’s already been a week, he should be awake by now.”
“Leeteuk, he has a head injury, he’s in a coma. This has nothing to do with the venom in his system, he’ll be alright, it will just take a little time for his body to recover. Don’t give up on him just yet.”

The two sat down at the kitchen table in silence and ZhouMi smiled as Henry scoffed down a mouthful of noodles, making a mess of both his face and the table.
“I’ll never give up on him…” Leeteuk whispered as he stared blankly into the steaming bowl of ramen in front of him.
“I know Teukie...” ZhouMi replied as Leeteuk left the table. “Where are you going? You need to eat something”
“Im going for a walk… I’ll grab something while im out I promise.” He sighed, grabbing his jacket and walking out of the front door.
“Mimi im worried about him, the three years I have been with him, I’ve never seen him like this…” ZhouMi took Henrys hand and smiled.
“He’ll be alright, don’t worry. As soon as Kangin wakes, he’ll be back to his usual self.”

******

After walking for what seemed like hours, Leeteuk sat down on a bench in the park.
As the lights came on around him, bringing him out of the darkness, he saw a young woman approaching. She looked to be in her early twenties, with short brown hair, wearing jeans and a t-shirt with a cardigan pulled around her shoulders. She was attractive enough but Leeteuk thought of only one thing…her scent. 
He watched from the corner of his eye as she walked closer and he smiled as she passed, she smiled back with a light blush now evident in her face.  

Once there was enough distance between them he stood up and followed behind her as she walked deeper into the park. He closed the distance as her scent grew stronger, inhaling deeply as he approached, his thirst was stronger than ever, and her blood was drawing him in.
“Excuse me miss” He said as he suddenly was by her side, she let out a startled squeak and held her hand to her chest.
“Im sorry I didn’t mean to frighten you” he laughed, making sure not to expose his fangs.
“It’s alright don’t worry about it…” she looked over the stranger stood before her, black jeans, white t-shirt with a black jacket pulled on over the top, his medium brown hair was blowing slightly in the wind and he was beautiful, like an angel.
But the thing that stood out the most was his eyes.

She took a step backwards upon meeting the dark red orbs staring down at her and Leeteuk smirked.
“Is everything alright?” he asked as she swallowed hard.
“Yes… everything’s fine, im sorry I have to go” she stuttered as she turned to walk away.
“You know… A person’s heart beat accelerates when they are scared… and right now…” Leeteuk rushed in front of her, placing a hand on the back of her neck and the other on her lower back, pulling her into his chest, bringing his mouth close to her ear.
“Right now your heart is racing.”
“I…I’ll scream…” she said quietly, trying her best to shout, but her fear hindered any attempt to cry for help.
“Go ahead… No one’s around to hear it” he smirked, baring his fangs slightly as the woman struggled, she raised her hands and started pushing, He laughed and let her go, turning around to face away from her.
“I’ll give you a head start” he winked as she ran, waiting for a few seconds before running and grabbing her from behind.
“Im sorry, I get bored easily…and im starving” he growled, holding her tightly around the waist as he sank his fangs into her neck.
She screamed as he drank, kicking her legs out and clawing at his arm in a desperate struggle to break free but it only made him tighten his hold. He growled as he drank hungrily, biting down harder the more she struggled, until he felt her body weaken, he smiled as he continued to drain the life from her.

After a few minutes she was dead and Leeteuk finally withdrew his fangs, letting her body fall to the floor. He wiped his mouth with his hand, the remaining traces of blood off his fingers.
“Im sorry…” he whispered, stepping over her body and disappearing into the darkness.

******

Everyone had gone to bed by the time Leeteuk got home. He took off his jacket and threw his keys on the table before collapsing onto the sofa.
He only had one rule, to never drink from a human that wasn’t willing, and he broke it. ‘What the hell have I done? It’s happening again’ he thought as he ran his fingers through his hair and sighed.
He lay on the sofa, pulling a blanket over him as he closed his eyes, trying desperately to fight the hunger that had once again resurfaced, and was fighting for control.

******

Sungmin awoke the next morning to the sound of quiet whimpers coming from Kyuhyun. He smiled and ran his fingers up the younger boy’s bruised torso to his neck, sitting up for easier access he tilted Kyuhyun’s head and pressed their lips softly together. Kyuhyun awoke and melted into the kiss, pouting as Sungmin pulled away.
“I hope you know you just interrupted an amazing dream”
“I guessed from the noises you were making” Sungmin giggled as he leaned back against the headrest.

“Yah, can you blame me?” Kyuhyun winced as he sat up in bed slowly, the pain of his broken ribs sent stabbing pains throughout his torso. “I’ve not been allowed to touch you since the accident, my dreams are all I have left right now” he grinned as sungmin blushed lightly.
“Most of your ribs have healed, and your head is almost healed properly. Give it a week and you’ll be as good as new…We can pick up where we left off” Sungmin giggled and winked, shifting his eyes to the handcuffs locked round the metal railing on the headrest.
“Another week? Minnie come on I barely got through this week without tearing your clothes off!”
Sungmin smirked playfully and carefully knelt over Kyuhyun’s lap, a low growl could be heard from the younger boy as he pulled Sungmin towards him, crashing their lips together.

Sungmin giggled, allowing the kiss for a few minutes. Kyuhyun moaned softly as Sungmin bit down on his lower lip before letting their tongues tangle together, giving the younger boy a taste of what he was missing.  He pulled back and whispered something in Kyuhyun’s ear before climbing off him and giggling as he danced out of the bedroom.
Kyuhyun’s mouth hung open and he groaned as sungmin left the room.
“Lee Sungmin you tease! You’re gunna regret that!”

A few minutes later Sungmin popped his head around the bedroom door and grinned
“That depends… Are you going to tease me? Because I won’t be held responsible for my actions” Kyuhyun smirked as Sungmin walked through the door and sat on the edge of the bed, holding a glass of dark red liquid in his hand.
“I promise! No more teasing” he grinned “at least until after you’ve drunk this” he bit his lip and smiled as Kyuhyun drank down the glass of blood hungrily, causing a small amount to run down the corner of his mouth and down his chin.
“Aish you’re messy” Sungmin giggled and leaned in, running his tongue up the blood trail and along Kyuhyun’s lips, looking the younger boy in the eye as he did so.
“Im...not…messy… And your too easy to trick” he smirked and rolled over, pinning Sungmin to the bed by his wrists and pressing their lips together in a bruising kiss, ignoring the pain shooting through him.  

Sungmin squeaked at the sudden weight on his stomach as Kyuhyun steadied himself.
“Kyu…” he mumbled before he younger boy pulled back “Kyuhyun please lay down before you hurt yourself more, the more you move the longer you take to heal…Kyu?” He paused as Kyuhyun closed his eyes, hit by a sudden wave of dizziness, his grip released on Sungmin’s wrists.
“I forgot… Sudden movement…” He whispered, holding his head as Sungmin sat up, wrapping his arms around the younger boy to stop him from falling off the bed.
“Come on, lay down. This is why we have to wait another week until you’re all healed, you can’t even keep me pinned to the bed” he giggled “What fun are you going to be if I can overpower you?… Although” he paused as an idea entered his head.
“Forget it Minnie! I don’t bottom and you know it!” Kyuhyun growled as he lay down on the bed, pulling the blanket over his stomach. Sungmin smiled, lying down beside him, interlocking their fingers. “I know this is why we have to wait until you’re healed”
 
“Guys are you up?” ZhouMi asked as he tapped on the pairs bedroom door.
“Were up Hyung, you can come in” Sungmin smiled as the older vampire opened the door and smiled.
“Hey Minnie have you seen Teukie this morning by any chance? He’s not in his room. I haven’t seen him since he went out last night…”
“He was asleep on the sofa when I went down, I don’t know what time he got in though…”Sungmin frowned.
ZhouMi nodded in reply before leaving the room and heading downstairs to be greeted by soft and quiet snores coming from the sofa, he smiled as he approached only to have the smile vanish from his face when his eyes fixed on Leeteuk.
He was sleeping peacefully for the first time in days, but there’s was blood on his mouth with a small trail running down to his chin. The blanket that was covering him was also blood stained, from where he had it held close to his face and there was blood on his shirt.
“Teukie wake up” ZhouMi whispered as he cupped Leeteuk’s face in his hand, his cheek with his thumb.

Leeteuk opened his eyes and smiled. “Morning Mimi Hyung”
“What time did you get home? And what happened while you were out?”
“I don’t know what time it was exactly… Maybe around midnight. And… nothing happened, why would you ask?” Leeteuk asked cautiously as ZhouMi ran his fingers across the younger boys lip, causing him to hiss.
“You’ve been biting your lip in your sleep again… You only do that when you feel guilty about something. And there are scratches on your neck”
“N…nothing happened” He said quietly as he sat up and ran the back of his hand across his chin, riding himself of the blood trail. “Im just worried about Kangin. He should be awake by now, but he isn’t… Each day he lays there, the chance of him waking up drops a little more. I can’t accept the fact he might be gone.”
“I know it’s something more than Kangin… I know you well enough to tell when something is bothering you, when you are lying to me… and when you’re losing control.” ZhouMi stated calmly as he watched Leeteuk’s expression change to a look of guilt.
“Im not lying to you… and im not losing control” He sighed as he got off the sofa and made his way upstairs to his bedroom.
“I’ve seen this before Teukie… this side of you… it’s not what we need right now” ZhouMi mumbled to quietly as Leeteuk disappeared upstairs.

Leeteuk sighed when he saw Kangin, lying lifeless on the bed; he walked through the bedroom and into their bathroom, locking the door behind him before climbing in the shower.
When he was finished he pulled on a clean pair of jeans and a t-shirt, leaving his hair to dry naturally as he sat on the side of the bed, taking Kangin’s hand in his.
“Im losing it again baby… I need you, I need you to wake up, I need you to be alright. I can’t do this without you; I know that more than ever now.” He sighed and used his free hand to wipe his tears.
“Kangin… I love you, I understand if you’re tired, if you want to give up and let go but…” Leeteuk froze and stared down at the hand he held in his own as he felt Kangin’s finger twitch.
“K…Kangin... Baby can you hear me?” he asked before he felt the younger boys hand close slowly around his own.
“ZhouMi!” He screamed through his tears, as Kangin’s eyelids started to flutter.