Chapter 9

BloodTies

Sungmin ran to the bottom of the garden in a failed attempt to stop ZhouMi, but they were already gone. He cried out for his older brother before collapsing to his knees in the street, sobbing his heart out. Yesung took charge and got everyone inside out of the cold while Kyuhyun ran down to the street and wrapped his arms tightly around Sungmin, fighting his own tears.

"Minnie come inside. We're gunna find him I promise. Come on." He pulled the older boy to his feet and up to the house.
They spent hours discussing the best way to deal with the situation. Sungmin was unable to focus on anything, devastated by his brother's disappearance.

"Kyu I was supposed to protect him that was the point in me training with you, so that when ZhouMi returned we would all be ready. Im useless, I couldn't even stop him. And now he has Leeteuk, and I don't know where they are" he sobbed into his boyfriends chest as Yesung concentrated on keeping Kangin calm, understandably he was in a panic, much like Sungmin.

"Shhh Minnie it's alright. None of us saw this coming; none of us saw him coming. Don't blame yourself, somehow we will find him. Even if I have to search all night for a way I will." He held Sungmin tightly to his chest as he sobbed.
The night quickly came to a close and soon most of the remaining boys were sleeping, some peacefully, others not so much. Kyuhyun was the only one left awake, sitting alone on the bench outside, wrapped tightly in a blanket, looking up at the stars.

"Teukie Hyung don't worry, were gunna find you. You didn't give up on me when I needed you. I will find you!" He whispered, shivering slightly as a cold wind brushed against his face.

"I wondered where you had gotten too. What are you doing out here" The familiar voice brought the younger boy comfort as he recognised it as Yesung's. He smiled sadly as his uncle sat beside him.

"Couldn't sleep, I hear Teukie's scream every time I close my eyes. We have to find him uncle. Sungmin is a mess, as is Kangin Hyung. Henry, Hyukjae and Donghae don't know what to do." He shook his head.
"I don't know how im gunna get though this"
Yesung pulled his nephew into his chest and squeezed him tightly.

"Don't worry Kyuhyun, you're not alone. I am here and we will find Leeteuk. I promise you that."

******

The sky over Seoul was a pale gray the next day, a snow storm had moved in overnight, plunging the city into darkness.
It was well into the afternoon but Leeteuk was sleeping peacefully, cuddled up to ZhouMi. His head was resting on the older boy's shoulder, while the fingers of his left hand twirled through the dark brown hair of his ex-lover.

A habit he had when the two were dating.

ZhouMi watched as Leeteuk slept, running his fingers through the sleeping boy's hair gently as not to wake him. He smiled as the sleeping boy wiggled slightly when the blanket that was covering him fell to the floor.

Leeteuk giggled as ZhouMi placed a kiss on his forehead. He released the older boy's hair and smiled as he took his necklace in his hand, a small K pendent given by Kangin, and held it tightly to his heart.

"Kangin, Saranghaeyo" he murmured.
ZhouMi's smile faded from his face as he placed a finger under Leeteuk's chin and raised the younger boy's head gently.

"Im sorry my love, he isn't here"
Leeteuk's eyes opened wide as ZhouMi bit down on his neck.

"Mimi…Stop…Please." he mumbled as tears gathered at the corners of his eyes.
As soon as the older boy released his mouth, Leeteuk was off the bed and stood in the corner at the opposite end of the room.

"Stay away from me" he cried as he sank to his knees, wrapping his arms around them tightly.
ZhouMi's eyes narrowed as he watched the boy he loved cry.

"Leeteuk baby…I…I…" he sat up on the bed and sighed.
Leeteuk raised his head and looked at the older boy, who was staring back at him, their gaze was locked as tears continued to fall down the younger boys face.

"What? What were you going to say to me" Leeteuk snapped, finding a slight ounce of courage from, who knows where, this courage was soon shattered when ZhouMi was off the bed and knelt in front of the crying boy.

"Im sorry my love. Im sorry I scared you." The older boy reached out his hand to wipe Leeteuk's tears, but his hand was swatted away.

"Leave me alone, please. I just… I want to be on my own." He pleaded. ZhouMi nodded silently before opening the door.
"Shout me if you need anything" And then he was gone, closing but not locking, the door behind him.

It took Leeteuk several minutes to compose himself, his neck was throbbing from the new bite marks and his legs ached when he eventually managed to find his way back onto his feet. He took off his white jumper, which was now partially red, and threw it on the floor.
He looked around the room he was in. It wasn't huge, fitting a double bed, a set of drawers and a desk, with just enough space to navigate round. He looked out of the window to a familiar view over the Han River. It had changed a lot since he had last been here but he knew the area well.

"Mimi! Are we where I think we are?" He shouted as he stared out of the window at the beautiful view of Banpo Bridge. The bedroom door opened and ZhouMi walked in with a smile on his face.

"Ne. Yongsan-gu. In our old house, you know the one we bought when we moved back to Korea. It has been renovated quite a lot but its home. I have been living here for a few months. It makes me happy knowing that im never far away from you." The older boy smiled and placed a cup of coffee on the table beside Leeteuk.

"So over there is Seocho-gu… My family, my friends." He sighed as he looked over the Han River before he picked up the cup, sipping the hot liquid slowly.

"Why have you brought me here Mimi, why have you come back?" he asked as he leaned against the cold wall.

"I missed you. You may hate me Leeteuk but I have never stopped loving you. You changed my life when we first met. I had never fallen in love with a human before. I…" he was interrupted by a loud scoff from Leeteuk's direction.

He hissed at the older boy "You didn't exactly love a human for too long!" before drinking more coffee.

"I have never forgiven myself for that. I should never have changed you. You weren't ready. But I cannot change the past, as much as I wish I could sometimes."

"You didn't seem to think that when you were draining me dry and pumping your venom into me! I thought my screams and plea's would have been a big enough hint that I didn't want it." He slammed his foot down on the floor, at the same time throwing the empty coffee mug at the wall beside the older boy.
ZhouMi was startled by the sudden outburst from the younger boy and was in front of him within seconds.

"Do not raise your voice to me! I have said I am sorry, I know what I did was unforgivable but im trying here" he hissed, just inches from Leeteuk's face, making the young boy sink to his knees.

"Im sorry I just… Whenever you are around I end up hurt in some way. If it wasn't for Sungmin, after the last time you found us, I would have died; you just left, without even trying to help me. And now! You kidnapped me, and fed on me! Why shouldn't I hate you?"

"Don't be sorry. You have every reason to be like this. Im the one who needs to apologise not you, and I can't apologise enough because nothing is going to make up for all of the things that have happened to you because of me. I… I want to make things right, I want to make it so we can be in each other's life's. I just don't know how. Will you help me?" He held out his hand, a look of sadness on his face. Leeteuk looked up and wiped his eyes before taking ZhouMi's hand and standing up.

"And … I don't hate you. At least part of me doesn't. I think there is a part of my humanity left deep down in my heart, because I've always loved you. I just can't be with you. Not anymore, not after everything that's happened between us"
He smiled slightly at the older boy, who smiled back, before pushing Leeteuk flat to the wall, resting his hands on the younger boys hips, kissing him softly on the neck.

"I just have to know one thing" he whispered against Leeteuk's skin.

"W…what's that?" He stuttered as he felt ZhouMi's hot breath on his collarbone.

"Just here… is it still…" He smirked as Leeteuk squeezed his eyes shut tightly, knowing what was about to happen. He nodded as his hands somehow found their way to ZhouMi's, interlocking their fingers.

ZhouMi freed one of his hands and pulled Leeteuk's T-shirt down a little, leaving a trail of kisses along the younger boy's collarbone before biting down softly on the spot that always seemed to make him melt.

Leeteuk bit down on his lip in an attempt to stop any noise leaving his lips, but the moan that was stuck in the back of his throat surfaced as a whimper, bringing a huge smile to the older boy's lips. The kisses continued, up Leeteuk's neck, along his jaw line before finally ending on his lips.

The younger boy's eyes shot open as ZhouMi fought for access, before long he relaxed into the kiss and allowed ZhouMi access to his mouth. Leeteuk wrapped his arms around the older boy's neck, like they had never been apart, as ZhouMi wrapped his arms around Leeteuk's waist a hand crept up the back of the younger boys t-shirt, sending shivers up his spine.
ZhouMi ran his fingernails hard down Leeteuk's back, intent on leaving marks behind, the younger boy whimpered again, arching his back slightly off the wall, completely closing the gap between the two.
The older boy bit down softly on Leeteuk's lip as his hand slipped around the hem of his jeans, causing the younger boy to snap back to reality.

"No Mimi I can't." he mumbled against the older boys lips as he grabbed ZhouMi's wandering hand and pulled it away from his jeans.
The older boy released himself from Leeteuk's lips, resting their foreheads together.

"As you wish my love, I refuse to spoil this moment" he smiled and kissed Leeteuk's lips once more before pulling away and taking the younger boys hand.

"Come, I want to show you something"
Leeteuk nodded and smiled as he followed the older boy through into the living room. He looked around, remembering when they used to live here, good mixed with bad memories flooded his head as ZhouMi lead him to the sofa, he perched on the end as the older boy let go of his hand and walked to a cabinet in the corner of the room. He pulled out a small black box and returned to the sofa, placing the box in Leeteuk's hands.
Leeteuk opened the box with a smile as two platinum rings, engraved with each boy's name, were sat on a small blue pillow.

"You kept them" He grinned as ZhouMi looked back at the younger boy, making eye contact as much as possible.

"Of course, they are the only thing I had left to remind me of you. They are my most precious possession. I want you to take yours back, as a symbol of our friendship, if nothing else" He smiled as Leeteuk removed his ring from the pillow and inspected it.

Along the outside of the ring was a small engraving spelling out ZhouMi's name, on the inside it read 'Saranghae'. Leeteuk smiled and removed his necklace, before slipping the ring on the chain and returning it to his neck.

"Round my neck and close to my heart, where you will stay forever" he smiled as ZhouMi ambushed him, wrapping his arms tightly around the younger boy, Leeteuk giggled and returned the hug before handing the small black box to ZhouMi.
His ring was slightly different to the younger boys. It had a black band running through the middle, stopping at the engraving of 'My angel' but it also had 'Saranghae' engraved on the inside. He took the ring from the box and slipped it onto his finger.

"And forever it will stay" he smiled and kissed Leeteuk's lips softly.

Before they knew it the sun had set, what little glimpse of it they got anyway, since the snow storm had continued throughout the day.
Leeteuk had spent the whole with the older boy, completely at ease for the most part. Something was different now, he couldn't quite figure it out and before long he started to yawn, his eyelids drooping slightly. ZhouMi picked him up and lead him to the bedroom.

"Time for bed my love" he smiled as Leeteuk refused to let go of the older boy, pulling him onto the bed beside him and snuggling up to his chest almost instantly. ZhouMi didn't mind of course, simply going along with whatever Leeteuk wanted. After all he just wanted the younger boy to be happy, and right now he was in heaven.

"ZhouMi" he asked as he snuggled his face against the older boy's chest.

"Ne My angel?" the older boy replied, running his fingers through Leeteuk's hair.

"What happens now, after tonight."

"I take you home." He smiled as leeteuk looked up at him and pouted.

"I…I don't know if I want to. I love Kangin I really do but things aren't the same with him as with you. With you I can be myself, it doesn't matter if I get carried away and end up biting you. But every kiss, every touch with him, I have the battle to stop myself from hurting him, and that's before my power gets in the way and I see everything In his head. It gets too much sometimes" he sighed as he twirled his fingers through ZhouMi's hair.

"Don't be silly. You are going home tomorrow, but I will be here whenever you need me. Even if it's just for a cuddle, my door is always open. Now sleep my love. Saranghaeyo" He kissed Leeteuk on his cheek and pulled a blanket over the two of them.
Leeteuk wriggled, adjusting himself so he fit perfectly into the older boys form before yawning once again and closing his eyes.

"Saranghaeyo Mimi"

******

"Sungmin I have an idea" Kyuhyun shouted up the stairs as his boyfriend was in the bathroom having just had a shower.

"What is it?" The older boy shouted back down, not caring that the rest of the house was fast asleep.

"My meditation, I can try and focus on Teukie Hyung, I don't know if it will work but it's worth a shot, since we have nothing else to go on right now."

"First thing in the morning baby! We all need to rest before we even begin to search for him."
Sungmin yelled, his words muffled by the toothbrush sticking out of his mouth. Kyuhyun sighed, switching off all the lights before he walked up the stairs.
It was true, all of the boys were exhausted, Kyuhyun and Sungmin more than the others. Kyuhyun had been focusing his magic on leeteuk all day, with no success of finding the older boy; While Sungmin was walking the streets, searching every abandoned building and apartment.

All the time neither of them had any idea of how close Leeteuk actually was.

******

Leeteuk awoke to an empty bed the next morning. He took advantage of the space and stretched, sprawling out from corner to corner before he heard a laugh from the bedroom door. ZhouMi was stood in the doorway with coffee for the both of them.

Leeteuk smiled and sat up. "Good morning"

"Morning my angel" ZhouMi grinned and handed Leeteuk his cup.

"God you are so cheesy sometimes." he giggled as he drank. ZhouMi sat beside him on the bed and slapped the younger boy's leg lightly.

"Yah shut up! And drink up, it's time to get you home" Leeteuk nodded, drinking down his coffee.

The snowstorm had continued into the morning, covering Seoul in a fresh blanket of snow, a few of the roads had been closed due to power cables being unsafe and the risk of trees collapsing from the weight of the snow.

Before they left the house ZhouMi handed Leeteuk a jacket, after all he couldn't walk the streets of Seoul with blood all over his jumper, he tied it around his waist and pulled on the jacket before the two of them headed out.
Leeteuk stood in the garden looking up at the house he and ZhouMi used to share as the older boy locked the door.

"Im glad you brought me back here. There are a lot of happy memories in this house that I had almost forgotten. Thank you" he smiled as ZhouMi walked down the path onto the street, Leeteuk followed.

"Your welcome. But be careful while you walk it's pretty…"  

"Ouch! Son of a "

"Slippery." He laughed when he saw leeteuk on the floor, having slipped on an icy patch before ZhouMi could warn him.

"Babo! Don't laugh at me." he tried to stand up, with little success. Pain shot up through his leg as he put pressure on his right ankle and he collapsed back onto the floor.
"Aish, Mimi I can't stand up, my ankle it hurts!"

"You probably just sprained it, but I can solve the walking problem" he smiled and scooped Leeteuk into his arms, carrying him bridal style.
"Now we can get you home, slightly more damaged than I wanted but if you insist of being clumsy it can't he helped" he laughed as leeteuk slapped him.

"Stop it, it's not my fault you didn't tell me about the ice, you know I don't do well in snow." He pouted and wrapped his arms around ZhouMi's neck, resting his head against the older boys.
ZhouMi smiled and set off back across Banpo Bridge with Leeteuk safely in his arms.

Once they had reached the other side of the bridge the snow began to fall, lighter this time, unlike during the night. As they approached the house the lights were off and the blinds were still closed, Leeteuk shook his head.

"Looks like everyone is still sleeping, I hope they are. I don't want them to see you. Sungmin still wants you dead." He sighed as they entered the garden.
"Let me down, I think I can make it the rest of the way" he smiled at ZhouMi as he nodded and carefully helped the younger boy back onto his feet.
Leeteuk hissed as he put pressure on his ankle causing pain to shoot up his leg once again. ZhouMi walked up to the door with him for support before kissing him tenderly on the lips.

"This is where I leave my love. Im sorry once again for the other day, things could have happened differently, I didn't need to be violent."

"It's okay I forgive you. Yesterday and this morning you showed me you had changed, I saw the real you again, for the first time in I don't know how long. Im glad things happened like they did. I got to see you again, rather than fearing you I have you back in my life." He smiled and hugged ZhouMi tightly before the older boy walked down the path and out of the garden.

"Things will be different this time Leeteuk! I promise!"
Leeteuk smiled as ZhouMi blew him a kiss and walked away, leaving him alone for the first time in days.
He unlocked and opened the door, hoping that he was right and everyone was still sleeping. The house was dark and silent. He smiled as he limped through the door, closing it quietly behind him before heading for the sofa, as it was the nearest thing to the door.

"Stupid ice" he mumbled as he carefully took off his shoe to release some of the pain he felt in his foot and ankle. His ankle was swollen slightly, already bruised and throbbing he sighed before curling up on the sofa, cuddling a pink bunny Sungmin had left downstairs. Within minutes his eyelids suddenly got heavy and he drifted off to sleep.

******

Sungmin yawned and opened his eyes, seeing Kyuhyun made him giggle. The younger boy was half hanging off the edge of the bed, fast asleep. He grinned and poked the young boy in the side, causing him to fall off the bed and onto the floor, waking him up instantly.

"Yah Minnie what the !" he snapped as he dove on the bed and on top of his boyfriend.
Sungmin giggled while he chewed on his bottom lip.

"Im sorry! But you were too much of an easy target. It's not my fault you like to sleep half on and half off the bed." He closed his eyes and poked his tongue out. Kyuhyun leant down, meeting the older boys tongue with his, a small giggle left both of their mouths as they kissed.
The younger boy pulled away and trailed kisses down Sungmin's neck. Sungmin bit down on his lip as he felt a moan making its way to the surface, stupidly he opened his mouth to speak, releasing the soft moan which brought a smile to the Maknae's lips as he trailed kisses down to Sungmin's chest.

"B…Baby, as much as I would love to stay here with you all day. We have more important things to do." The kisses stopped and Kyuhyun sat up.

". Teukie Hyung… I'll go wake the others." He kissed Sungmin and jumped off the bed.

Leaving their room he stood in the doorway of Leeteuk's bedroom seeing Kangin curled up on the bed, he sighed before walking down the hallway and waking the rest of the house.

Sungmin rubbed his eyes and pulled on a t-shirt before making his way downstairs.
He froze when he saw Leeteuk asleep on the sofa.
"K…Kyuhyun!" he yelled up the stairs before running over to Leeteuk, who was sound asleep with one hand around his stomach and the other around his necklace. Kyuhyun popped his head down the stairs when he heard his name.

"Yah Minnie what…. TEUKIE" he jumped down the remainder of the stairs when he saw the sleeping vampire.
Leeteuk opened his eyes and was greeted by a teary eyed Sungmin.

"Annyeong Sungmin" he smiled as sungmin wrapped his arms tightly him, letting his tears flow down his face.
The rest of the boys came down the stairs, with the acceptation of Kangin, they were surprised to see their leader back home, and seemingly unharmed. They all ran to Leeteuk, but sat down around the sofa, giving him space.

"You're home but...I thought...ZhouMi..." Unable to form a full sentence Kyuhyun took over from his boyfriend, who clung to Leeteuk's chest.

"Teukie Hyung what happened? How are you home? We thought…" Kyuhyun frowned and shook his head.

"Im fine don't worry. ZhouMi brought me home earlier."

"Wait what? Why would he do that?" Sungmin asked as his head shot up at the words coming from his brother's mouth.
Leeteuk sat up on the sofa before standing up, putting the least amount of pressure on his ankle that walking would allow. He continued to talk as he limped into the kitchen.

"It's a long story but don't worry ill explain." He pulled down a class from the shelf and filled it with water.

"What happened? Why are you limping? and the blood on your jumper! He didn't…" Sungmin froze, his eyes fixed on Leeteuk.

"No!" He hissed
"If you're about to ask if he me then don't bother! He would never do that"

"He would, and technically he already did. When he turned you… If he didn't then why are you limping, and why is your jumper covered in blood"

Leeteuk sighed and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"That was different sungmin and you know it! Aish all these questions, can't anyone just be happy to see me"

"I am."  Leeteuk's head snapped to the bottom of the stairs, to Kangin. He hadn't left Leeteuk's room since the older vampire disappeared.
Kangin walked over to Leeteuk, wrapping his arms tightly around his boyfriend, before doing something no one had ever seen Kangin do.

He cried.