Chapter 1

BloodTies

Lee sungmin was always the outcast, ever since he moved to his new school three years ago. He kept to himself and never caused trouble. He got called a freak by most of the other boys and the girls were either scared of him or in love with him. You see, he didn't look like the other people his age and he certainly didn't act it, his skin was pale white and he had long jet black hair which seemed to frame his face perfectly and looked even darker against his pale complexion, his lips were tinted a slight pink and his eyes were jet black, some people even said his eyes were a dark crimson colour, but nobody ever got close enough to confirm the theory.
For you see, Lee Sungmin was a vampire.
Let me explain.

******

Sungmin wasn't just a vampire and he didn't start his life that way. He was an only
child born into a family of magic, the youngest warlock in his village. His parents were like royalty and he was respected by everyone and treated like a prince.
Until the night of his 19th birthday, when everything changed.  
He awoke to the sound of his mothers screams. He jumped out of bed and ran outside to find his father dead on the floor in a pool of his own blood, his mother sobbing into his lifeless body. His father's throat had been ripped open.

"Father!" he cried before rushing over and whispering healing spell, but it was too late, and sungmin wasn't that experienced. His whole body was shaking with sorrow and anger as he stood facing his village, creatures that looked human were slaughtering the entire village one by one, draining everyone of their blood, until the only two left alive were Sungmin and his mother. Standing in front of his mother, like a wall, he whispered softly "vampires" as he waited for the creatures of the night to make their move.

Staring hard at one of the attackers he summoned up the power and strength to throw him onto the fence which surrounded the village, the spikes that lined the fence for protection now served as the perfect weapon. The attacker squirmed against the sharp metal spikes that now pierced his entire body and went limp. Sungmin smirked and prepared for the oncoming attack.
There was a sudden rush of wind behind him and he cried out in pain as he fell to the floor, blood was now flowing freely out of a deep gash in his leg. His healing spells were useless against creatures with such power, before he knew it there were four vampires gathered around, their lips in hunger at the blood that flowed in front of them.

There was a loud crash and the vampires backed away as their leader came forward. The tall figure approached Sungmin, his short black hair was slicked back with the blood of his victims, he bent down in front of the scared young warlock and spoke.

"Do not worry Sungmin, I'm not going to hurt you, simply free you, no more pain or sorrow and no more weakness" There was a soft growl  to his voice as he smiled. Sungmin tried to crawl backwards but the vampire grabbed his leg and pulled him back. He screamed before collapsing to the floor in pain.

"Boys hold him still" He shot a look to two of the other vampires who took the young boys arms, so he couldn't resist or try and escape.

"Now Sungmin I'm not going to say this won't hurt, because it will. And it will hurt more than anything you have ever felt before! Wait I'm being rude." The vampire stood in front of the boy and bowed.

"I am Lord Choi Siwon and I am very pleased to meet you"

"Go to hell" Sungmin shouted as Siwon knelt down behind him and bared his fangs.

"Oh well in that case I shall meet you there" He grinned before sinking his fangs deep into Sungmin's neck.

He struggled at first before the pain took over and he lost his strength. The vampires that were holding him still backed off and let their leader take over. As sungmin got weaker and weaker from the poison now flowing through his body he fell backwards onto Siwon, who gladly held the boy steady as he drank.

A vampire's bite was deadly if they didn't know what they were doing, they could release a poison to change their victims or simply just drink them dry, the more poison they released the higher the probability that the victim wouldn't turn, but simply die a horrible and painful death.

Luckily Siwon knew what he was doing, he wanted to turn Sungmin. Stopping at just the right moment so he didn't poison the young boy too much, he flung his head back and gasped, baring the fangs in his blood stained mouth. He let the boy fall from his arms onto the cold ground as he wiped the blood from around his mouth and it off his fingers.

"Now you see this is why I love people of magic, their blood tastes so much sweeter than any mortal"
He stood up slowly before signalling that it was time for them to leave.

"But what about his mother, we can't just leave her alive." One of the other vampires shouted. Siwon hissed at the stupidity.

"She won't be alive for long. When Sungmin awakens he will need to feed."He smiled looking over and Sungmin before the woman's hair.  And just like that, they were gone.
As Sungmin struggled with the pain that felt like a million knifes piercing his body he opened his eyes and reached for his mother's hand weakly, before feeling sharp pain in his chest as the poison hit his heart, his eyes closed and his hand fell to the floor.
He was dead.


******

There was a loud crack and Sungmin awoke from his nightmare. He had fallen asleep in class again and his teacher wasn't happy, not in the mood for a scolding he clicked his fingers silently under his desk and the school bell rang. He was off the hook. Walking around the school building during lunch Sungmin felt like he was being watched, the truth being he had felt it multiple times over the past few months. He walked swiftly through the almost empty hallways, trying to catch his pursuer off guard. He could hear that the music room was empty, quiet from the usual noise, he entered the room and hid behind the open door. His pursuer entered and looked around for the strangely pale boy, Sungmin slammed the door.

"You're the one who has been following me?" The older boy looked in amazement and slight confusion as a young boy with medium blonde hair approached him, it was Cho Kyuhyun.

"Kyuhyun why have you been following me? Answer me" he growled as the younger boy just smiled.

"I know what you are Lee Sungmin" he grinned "and I wanted to be friends"
Kyuhyun made eye contact with the older male, who's eyes were a deep red in colour, looking almost black.

"Why are your eyes red Sungmin Hyung? Is that a blood thing?" he asked curiously
Sungmin panicked for just a second and pinned the younger boy to the wall by his shoulders, his eyes now bright red and almost glowing.

"What do you want from me!" he growled baring his fangs.

"I want to be friends, you interest me, plus you're not the only loner in this school" Kyuhyun squeaked before smiling. Sungmin released him and sat on one of the desks.

"Fine you can be my friend, but it's your own life at risk"

"I'm friends with a vampire" Kyuhyun sat beside him and giggled, biting down softly on his tongue.
Sungmin shook his head and laughed.

******

A month passed and the two were now good friends, spending time together in and out of school. One Saturday afternoon they were sat on the sofa at Sungmin's house when Kyuhyun opened his mouth and asked the most random of questions.

"Why have I never seen you drink blood? We've been friends for over a month now, but I've never once seen you feed" Sungmin looked at the younger boy and cocked an eyebrow.

"Seriously Kyu? Are you really asking me why you have never seen me drink from another human? Why would I want you to see that? What a stupid question." He slapped his hand to his forehead before turning and flicking Kyuhyun's head.

"Is your head seriously that empty?" he laughed as the younger boy rubbed his head and pouted.
The reality of it was Sungmin hadn't drunk human blood in weeks and was getting weaker every day.

"Sungmin Hyung. I…I want you to drink from me" he said softly with his eyes fixed on the floor.

"Eh! Now I know you didn't just say what I think you said, because that would be extremely stupid of you"

"Why not, were friends and your clearly starving" Kyuhyun was now looking the older male directly in the eyes. "Do it, just not my neck" he said forcefully as he pulled his shirt off his shoulder.

Sungmin tried everything to resist harming the young boy but nothing would work, Kyu was right, he was starving. He sighed and leaned close to Kyuhyun, who was now sat with his back to the older boy.

"This may hurt a little" Sungmin whispered before kissing a spot on the younger boy's Shoulder.

"Just get on with it before I change my mind, you can kiss me later" he smiled and closed his eyes. The older boy nodded, before baring his fangs and sinking his teeth into Kyuhyun's shoulder.

Kyuhyun forgot about the pain after a moment and smiled. He leaned back onto the older boy as he drank, Sungmin forgot how good it felt to be able to drink from someone who was willing, his eyes fluttered as Kyuhyun's salty blood filled his mouth, before he knew it Kyuhyun was tapping him on the head weakly.

"Sun…Sungmin, stop…please"
With difficulty the older boy released Kyuhyun's shoulder and his lips, lapping up the blood around his mouth.
Kyuhyun pressed his hand to his shoulder and stood up, his legs shaking ever so slightly. He turned to face Sungmin and smiled.

"See that wasn't so bad was it?"
Just as the older boy was about to speak Kyuhyun's eyes closed and he collapsed onto the floor.

"Aishh I knew this would happen!" Sungmin sighed and scooped the boy off the floor, he laid the unconscious boy on his bed and pulled a blanket over him to keep him warm before holding his hand over Kyuhyun's shoulder, which was still bleeding badly, and whispering a healing spell. Within seconds the two puncture marks had healed leaving behind two small scars.

******

Kyuhyun awoke hours later with a pounding headache, it was dark outside and the house was quiet. He sat up slowly holding his head in his hand the room spun making him feel sick. He breathed deeply and perched on the side of the bed, his fingers automatically shot to his shoulder, which had fully healed thanks to Sungmin. 'So it wasn't a dream' he thought before standing up and making his way into the living room. There was a note on the table.
'Kyuhyun. I hope you're feeling alright, I'm sorry about last night. I doubt I'll be home when you wake, but feel free to stay until I return, make yourself at home. Min. x'

He smiled and checked himself over in the mirror. He was as white as a ghost and his ordinarily platinum blonde hair was red in places 'I look like sungmin' he giggled to himself, feeling his legs go weak he collapsed against the wall. He slowly made his way to the bathroom to have a shower, once the blood was out of his hair he climbed out and dried himself off before pulling on his pants and his shirt and climbing back onto the bed, he was out cold as soon as his head hit the pillow.

Sungmin returned home at first light he quietly put his things away and headed to check on Kyuhyun, who was still fast asleep, curled up in the middle of the bed.
He lay shivering slightly, the pillow under his head was wet from his hair, Sungmin leaned over and gently lifted up the sleeping boys head, removing the wet pillow and replacing it with another, before draping a blanket over him and kissing his shoulder softly. Kyuhyun wiggled and opened his eyes his head was feeling better although he was still dizzy. He smiled at the older boy stood next to him.

"Kyuhyun I'm sorry about yesterday I took too much of your blood."

"I'm fine Sungmin-Hyung really I just need to get my strength up, I'll be fine" He smiled weakly.

"No it's not alright. I could have killed you any longer and I probably would have, your blood… it's intoxicating" he shook his head and brought his hands up to his face.

"Yah! Shut up will you! I'm fine really" he rested his chin on the older boys shoulder and poked out his tongue.

******

By Sunday night Kyuhyun was feeling much better and he went out with sungmin, who had told him he needed to go meet with a friend. They arrived at a warehouse on the outskirts of town, Kyuhyun thought the place was abandoned but he was wrong, it was actually a bar owned and run by vampires.
"Stay close to me" Sungmin signalled for the boy to take his hand and once their hands were comfortably linked they opened the door and entered.

The room was dark but everything was visible, thanks to dim lights on the walls, Kyuhyun looked around the room and saw around fifteen other vampires of different ages. A group of three female vampires caught his eye they were feeding on a boy not too much older than him, a shiver ran down his spine and he gulped, right at that moment they looked up and winked at Kyuhyun, who hurried to Sungmin's side. The older boy could hear whispers from the other vampires about the young boy smelling amazing and the things they would like to do to him, but Sungmin blocked out the voices and lead Kyuhyun up the stairs to a medium room where his friend waited for his arrival.

Once in the room Kyuhyun saw a young man looking at them from across the room, he looked like an angel with black spiky hair.

"Ahh Sungmin you're here" the eldest paused as he saw Kyuhyun, clutching Sungmin's arm.
"And you brought a friend" he smiled, his fangs on full view for the young boy to see.

"Leeteuk Hyung this is Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun this is my brother Leeteuk" Just as Kyuhyun was about greet Leeteuk there was a voice behind him.

"Minnie brought home a new toy! It's about time, I think my last toy has had enough he won't play with me anymore" Kyuhyun turned his head to see a young blonde haired vampire stood behind him smiling sheepishly.

"And he smells so nice, I can tell were going to have fun! Come let's play" the blonde boy grabbed Kyuhyun's arm and started to pull him towards the back room, where he kept his 'toys'.
Sungmin pushed the blonde haired boy away from Kyuhyun, sending him crashing into the wall.

"Hyukjae this is Kyuhyun. Sungmin's friend you are to treat him like family, he is not you're toy." Leeteuk glared at Hyukjae as the blonde haired boy stood up, he looked pissed.

"Yah whatever! I'm going to go play" he waved his hand before limping off into the back room.

"Leeteuk Hyung. I have come to ask you for your word that no harm will come to Kyuhyun from any of the families around here" Sungmin bowed before his brother.

"I promise little brother, you're young friend is safe" The older boy left his seat and as in front of the two boys within seconds. He wrapped his arms around Sungmin and hugged him warmly before standing in front of Kyuhyun.

"It is my honour to meet you" The angelic vampire smiled and took the young boys hand and closed his eyes. After a few seconds his eyes shot open and to Sungmin.

"Brother may I speak to you for a moment? Alone"
Sungmin lead Kyuhyun to Leeteuk's chair at the end of the room.

"Wait here I'll be back in a minute" He smiled and left the room with his brother.

******

"You drank from him? How stupid are you Sungmin, you know how difficult it is for you to stop once you start" Leeteuk was furious.

"Hyung I'm sorry it was a moment of weakness. Kyuhyun asked me to and well like you said I couldn't say no, but I stopped as much as I didn't want to. I did. I'm sorry to disappoint you" He hung his head and fell to his knees.
Leeteuk didn't need to be told most things, especially things people were trying to hide. He was Psychic and could see a person's entire life with just one touch.

******

Back in the other room Kyuhyun waited for his friend to return when the blonde haired boy was suddenly stood in front of him, just inches from his face.

"Little toy is all alone" he grinned as Kyuhyun froze in the chair.

"You…you can't hurt me." The young boy said in fear.

"Who said anything about hurting you? I just want to play" Hyukjae smiled and his eyes glowed red. He grabbed Kyuhyun from behind, placing a hand tight over his mouth so he couldn't cry out for Sungmin, and rushed to the backroom.

The door slammed behind him and Kyuhyun was thrown to the floor banging his head as he collided with the cold stone floor. He saw stars when he lifted his head. From what he could see he was in a medium sized room with no windows there was a bed in the corner, presumably belonging to Hyukjae, and a metal cage built at the end of the room. Kyuhyun sat up and shook his head, trying to focus on the room, when his vision returned to normal he realised there was a boy, around his age, lying in the cage he was bleeding from a bite to his wrist and had old wounds throughout his arms and torso.

"You like him? He's my old toy, I'm sorry 'friend' he's a little sleepy right now so he can't play. His name is Donghae. If you scream loud enough he might just wake up" Hyukjae said with an angelic smile to his face. But this boy was anything but angelic.

"Since Donghae can't play with me you will have to do until he wakes up" he turned his head and tilted it slightly as Kyuhyun stood up, looking at the door.

"Now where are you planning on going? You'll never get passed me" Within a second the Blonde haired vampire had pinned Kyuhyun to the wall, his hand once again over Kyu's mouth to muffle the screams.

"Now let's see if you taste as good as you smell, don't worry, I'll try and be gentle"

Kyuhyun was now struggling with all his strength, but it was useless, Hyukjae was to strong. He closed his eyes tightly as the vampire sank his teeth deep into Kyuhyun's neck. A second later the vampires head flew back and he his fangs clean.

"Wow now I know why Minnie wants to keep you. I'm sorry Kyuhyun but he can't have you anymore, you're mine now" he gasped as he sank his teeth into the other side of the boy's neck even deeper than the first, blood was now rushing from his neck wounds and down his shirt, turning it red.

The last thing Kyuhyun heard was Sungmin's voice, and then everything went black.