When It Ends, It Hurts

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene put a hand on the small of Seulgi's back, leaning her head on the taller girl's shoulder, stealing her breath. Setting her trembling hand on the lean waist of her partner, Seulgi's eyes locked at the lens of the camera. A flash went off and they changed position, Seulgi tried not to meet Irene's eyes in fear of getting lost into them, something she has been doing a lot recently.

 

The photo shoot went on making the younger lightheaded with every touch from the older. After several sleepless nights and daydreaming, Seulgi had come to a conclusion that she liked Irene. More than just a friend. However, living with these feelings seemed to bring trouble for in form of straying focus and unashamed staring whenever the source of her admiration was around.

 

 

Wendy wasn't blind to the behavior of her band mate. For a long time, she lived under the fake comfort of Seulgi keeping their leader in friendzone. As cruel as it seemed, she prayed for Seulgi to never return Irene's feelings while at the same time wishing for hers to be returned from their leader.

 

Good things come to good people. After wishing for Irene's heartbreak, God could not grant her happiness. After wishing sadness upon the person she loved, she couldn’t be allowed to be happy.

 

Wendy knew that she was holding on something meant to be broken. It was too fragile. She had been careful for long, hiding her feelings even though it hurt. It was precious and she had to be careful. Sadly, she couldn't expect the same from Irene, the person who was capable of destroying it all.

 

Irene was close yet so far Wendy couldn't even reach her. She could touch her but not really feel her. Now, Irene was going even farther away from her. The sweet and passionate kisses and touches we son coming to an end. Perhaps, it was for the best.

 

"Have you noticed the way Seulgi unnie looks at Irene unnie recently?" Yeri whispered to Wendy.

 

"What way?" Wendy dared to ask albeit knowing the answer. Hearing it from someone's mouth made it realer, a reminder of the impeding heartbreak.

 

"As if Irene unnie is a beautiful art and Seulgi is fascinated by it." Yeri answered.

 

"They have been friends for forever. She could just be observing Irene." .

 

"Yeah, but it's different this time. Maybe all the fantasies of the fans are becoming true. Seulgi unnie has realized her feelings for Irene unnie. Now all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter