tough decisions

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy was sad. She didn't leave her room for the next two days regardless of her cousins coercing her to come outside. She was upset. With herself. With her life. She had been completely replaced by Irene. Seulgi didn't only take her place as Irene's lover but even more than that. Everything that Wendy ever wanted was Seulgi's. What was it that Seulgi had and she didn't?

 

Irene. Her love. Her affection. Her smile. Her heart.

 

One day, she ended up confessing her feelings to her cousin, Rae. She didn't tell exactly who was the girl she loved. In fact, she made it sound like she liked a guy who liked another girl. She only wanted to tell about her feelings her to anyone because they were slowly killing her inside.

 

"Did you confess to him?" Rae asked.

 

"Confess?"

 

"Did you tell him about your feelings? What if he likes you? You should at least try once. He might be confused. He might need reassure. He gets it from that girl. Why don't you give him that." She suggested. "And if he still rejects you, you know he's not worth it. There's no point in crying over the stupid boy who doesn't want you."

 

Wendy decided that she was going to follow Rae's advice. She will confess her feelings and get rejected. At least, it will give her closure so that she can move on with her life. If not, she will be stuck wondering about Irene forever.

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi can hardly look at Irene the same anymore. Whenever she looks at Irene, she ends up seeing Wendy's face and with it comes guilt. She is the reason for Wendy's tears, her sadness. She is the reason why Wendy left. Only if she hadn't started to date Irene, her lovely teammate wouldn't be in pain.

 

She understood why Wendy never really seemed happy whenever she tried to smile at them. While Joy and Yeri were often teasing her and Irene, Wendy would wear a forlorn look on her face. She would try to join in but never made any comments rather than faking laughter or agreeing with the other two.

 

"I'm so stupid." Seulgi's eyes filled with tears. Her heart ached for Wendy who was smiling through her pain. While Wendy sacrificed her love, she was romancing happily with Irene as if nothing was wrong. She didn't know that something was wrong. But now she does and she can't just stay quiet about it.

 

How can she continue dating Irene knowing the truth now? How can she look at Wendy in her eyes with Irene at her side? She can't do that. She really can't.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter