Escape Route

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi didn't understand why Wendy screamed at her as soon as she entered until she saw the younger's bare jiggling away from her sight. Frozen, she stared at the wall, pausing any thought process.

 

On hearing the scream from the living room, Irene emerged from the kitchen. Seulgi almost reeled back at the sight of the leader. She was expecting the leaver but the shock of her bandmate still rendered her dumbfounded.

 

"Seulgi," Irene came near the younger, noticing the clothes thrown around. She sneakily shoved her bra under the couch on her way, praying her underwear wasn't in plain sight. "You're here… early."

 

"Unnie, I think I saw Wendy, ." The taller said and Irene made a displeased expression. "I'm sorry." Seulgi apologized and frowned at Irene's reaction. Perhaps, she was angry at the younger for prancing around . Irene must have seen it and scolded Wendy and was probably still angry.

 

"Huh, don't worry about that." Irene shook her head at the younger's apologetic face. "Seulgi, what's in the bag?" She inquired, trying to steer the conversation away. It was hard to accomplish given that Wendy's clothes were scattered around.

 

She had crawled into her clothes the moment she woke up. Although she didn't find it necessary to constrict herself in underwear, hoping to lose them anyway later that day. Seulgi's arrival was a tight slap on her face for what she had done.

 

"What happened here?" Seulgi inquired, ignoring Irene's question. It seemed like a scene from a movie, a scene in which something hot and y goes before someone interrupts and destroys the tension. Or maybe it was the scene of the next morning. The more she accessed the situation, the worse and closet to reality her conclusions were.

 

Did that mean Irene and Wendy….?

 

"I-I'll tell you later." Irene muttered and she bent down to collect the clothes, hoping the taller didn't recognize her blue underwear and quickly disappeared to throw them in her room.

 

"Unnie," Seulgi whispered when the older came back. "Did you and Wendy, you know?" She asked.

 

It hurt to even imagine. It was scary. She wanted it to be untrue. It couldn't be true. Going back in time, she could see Irene and Wendy sticking a little to close to each other, disappearing unannounced, sharing secretive glances, every conclusion that she could make led to a nightmare.

 

"No!" Irene was quick to deny. "No! We did not!"

 

Taking the vehement denial as disgust for implication, Seulgi believed her. But this, what could explain this condition of living room? Moreover, Wendy was , for no damn reason.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter