Your Touch

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dorm didn't have Wendy the next morning. In order to avoid any scene of Irene getting on one knee and proposing to Seulgi, she left to see her friend, unannounced. A proposal is an exaggeration but for Wendy that's how strong it sounded because once the two get together, it's all over for her. For real. She didn't want to be there to witness it. She didn't want to hear the sound of her heartbreak. She didn't want to see it happen with her own eyes. She was going to stay with her friend for as long as it took to adjust to the idea of seeing her love with someone else.

 

Irene was one evil girl. She was horrible and cruel. That's what Wendy thought when she received a call from the older the next day.

 

"Where are you Wendy?" Irene asked her.

 

"I'm at Sohee's place. Why?"

 

"I need you here. Please. I don't know what to do. Please help me win Seulgi."

 

Yep. Irene was cruel. Very cruel.

 

"But unnie-,"

 

"No buts. You're the only one who knows about my feelings. It's better with you around. I need you here by tonight, alright?"

 

"Unnie-,"

 

"Wendy," The authority in Irene's voice made her cave in.

 

After ending the call, she tossed her phone on the bed and pressed the palms of her hands on her closed her. Fresh tears gathered behind her eyelids. She sobbed, sinking into the sheets wondering if it was a good thing that Irene needed her. Why did she feel happy even a little when the older said it's better with you around.

 

"Damn!" She cried. "I'm pathetic."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy switched her phone off to avoid any more interaction with Irene. She decided she didn't want to return to that place no matter what.

 

But hours later, she was saying goodbye to Sohee.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy was back in the dorms by the night. When hurriedly leaving in the morning, she had only packed a small bag. The dorms were empty at night which raised questions in her mind. She fished out her phone from the bag and decided to call Irene. The older picked up on the third ring.

 

"Wendy!" Irene spoke loudly with bustle in the background.

 

"Unnie? Where are you?"

 

"We are at Seulgi's place. Her parents invited us. Didn't you get the invitation? Seulgi texted you when you didn't pick up the phone. But there was no reply."

 

Wendy frowned. She hadn't checked her phone for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter