break up

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy returned after two weeks. Seoul's aura was different and colder. But it was homely and she had honestly missed it, a lot. She had spend a good time with her cousins after deciding that she was going to confess to Irene.

 

By the time she entered the dorms, it was already evening. None of the members was at home. She was disappointed at the lack of proper welcome. It's not like she told them when she was returning so  their absence was justified. Moreover, she shouldn't expect much after the way she left. She hardly even called the members.

 

She dumped her belongings in her room and slept on the soft bed. The journey was long and tiring. The comfort of bed lulled her into much needed sleep.

 

 

 

 

Seulgi was informed about Wendy's return by her manager. She was in the practice room with Irene. Her heart sank at the thought of what she was going to do next. She needed to do it before they returned to the dorms.

 

She waited until the two of them were alone. And when they were, she went to Irene and stood in front of her. Irene gave her a quizzical look.

 

"What?" Irene asked after taking a gulp from water bottle.

 

"I want to tell you something." Seulgi said. Irene frowned. "I think we should break up."

 

The leader stared at her blankly. "What?!" Seulgi said it so naturally that she wondered if she should believe her or not.

 

"I think we should break up." Seulgi said firmly, looking into Irene's eyes.

 

"Don't joke."

 

"I'm not joking." They stared and that's when it hit Irene. There was no playfulness in her girlfriend's eyes.

 

"Wha-Why?" Irene was shocked. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Break up? With Seulgi? The girl she always wanted as her girlfriend. All of a sudden?

 

"I don't think it's going to work between us." The dancer said. She felt extremely guilty on seeing hurt flash in the leader's eyes.

 

"Why? We were fine. What happened?"

 

"No, we were not fine." Seulgi shook her head.  "I'm very sorry, Irene. But I don't have any feelings for you. I was completely mistaken."

 

"Seulgi, you can't do this." Irene stepped forward while Seulgi stepped back.

 

"I really can't do this anymore. Please, try to understand. I can't be with you." The younger shook her head.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I don't want to be with you. Let me go now, please." Seulgi begged.

 

Irene was silent as Seulgi left her inside the empty practice room. She breathed in harshly at the sudden turn of events. Seulgi, on the other hand, was trying to blink away tears from her eyes.

 

Neither of them questioned why Irene didn't stop Seulgi. Her efforts were feeble in the regard. Although she was struck with shock and sadness, it didn't seem to shake up her world or devastate her as much as it did to the dancer who was minutes later crying her eyes out in an empty room.

 

The leader watched cars passing by on the road from the building. She was unfocussed. Her first relatio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter