A New Beginning of Happiness and Pain

Unrequited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fate has great ways to play you. Things that have never happened before suddenly start happening out of blue because fate decided to have some fun at your expense. Every incident has a different meaning for everyone. A thing that leads to your happiness can be a reason for someone else's pain.

 

It was just any other day. But Wendy had a feeling that it wasn't like that. Last night, she was in Irene's room and the two of them busy tearing off each other clothes and marking each other with kisses. The morning seemed normal. She woke up in her room, having escaped the pleasure room after several silent s at late hours of night.

 

She was reading a new romance novel, eyes skimming over the words and a smile on her face as the two main characters confessed their love for each other. She loved these kinds of stories. A perfect romance with happy endings, and lived with a fake belief that one day, maybe one day, her love life will have an ending like this. It was such a painful question to ask herself - will Irene ever confess to her? Most likely, no.

 

But she can hope, right? She can expect, right? She can imagine Irene smiling at her, that beautiful smile that seems to be reserved only for Seulgi, and tell her that she loved her. That she had loved her all along and was a little too late to realize that.

 

Wendy indulged herself in a fantasy, not knowing what fate had planned for her.

 

On the other hand, Irene was heading to meet her schedule for the day. It was a photoshoot with Seulgi. She was looking forward to it, almost skipping as she entered the elevator, pressed the buttons and the door of elevator started to slide close.

 

"UNNIE!!!" A figure appeared in the hallways, running towards her. "HOLD IT!"

 

Acting quick on reflex, Irene stopped the doors from closing and smiled as Seulgi ran to her at full speed. Once inside, she was huffing, hands on knees, as she tried to catch her breath.

 

"Woke up late?" Irene asked after the younger thanked her.

 

"No. I woke up on time. But you know how much time Yeri takes to shower. Because of her, I was late."

 

"Yeri needs to get more disciplined." Irene crossed her arms.

 

"Don't be hard on her," Seulgi pouted. "She's still young."

 

"You sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter