two

Can't you see the foolish me? I'm right next to you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon met Hyewon when she was ten. Amidst the celebration of their moms from not seeing each other for so long, the two remain standing, quite awkward on what to do.

It's strange, but the usual bright and energetic child becomes fiddly under the intense gaze of the three year older Hyewon. The way she stares makes Chaeyeon wants to go home and just hide under the comfort of her bed sheets.

"Hyewon, can you bring Chaeyeon to your game room? I will talk with your aunt and prepare dinner with her."

Silence filled the air. Only their footsteps can be heard as they walk the stairs. Chaeyeon swears that she can hear her own breathing. As she is natural chatty, she tried to made conversation with the girl, "U-unnie. My name is Lee Chaeyeon. I h-hope we can be friends." Her hand are shaking too much because of nervousness. Chaeyeon is so friendly that she's confused to herself why it's hard for her to ask.

"I know your name idiot and don't call me unnie I'm not your sister."

"I'm just trying..."

"Shut up"

That's the first time that she realized that getting close to Hyewon is difficult. But she never stopped, she never stop trying reaching out to the cold girl.

 

Chaeyeon stopped thinking of the past for a moment and let her eyes roamed the school.

"Holy ." She can't help but curse. The school is always on the news for its achievements but she didn't know that its hella huge. She sighs heavily. She is now thinking of the decisions she have made. Maybe, she should have let Hyewon bring her to her classroom. The perfect alibi is already there too, she's the vice president of the student council after all.

"Hey, are you lo- Oh! you're Lee Chaeyeon right?" She looked at the unknown girl weirdly. The girl is sporting her biggest smile like she saw someone she didn't expect to see.

The bubbly girl jumped in joy and extend her hand at her, "Don't be weirded out. I saw your video covers. I'm Rachel Song."

Chaeyeon smiled and shake hands with the bright girl, "Nice to meet you. Can I ask where is the College of Accountancy, Business, Economics and International Hospitality and Culinary Management building?"

Rachel looked at her and Chaeyeon immediately decipher the looks she's giving, "I'm a culinary student.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter