final

Can't you see the foolish me? I'm right next to you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone seeks that kind of person in their lives...

 

 

 

Someone who shows that it's possible to survive whatever good or bad that is thrown at you. 

 

 

 

Someone who is willing to do everything to get to know the real you. 

 

 

 

Someone who gives you the opportunity to grow and learn more. 

 

 

 

And for Hyewon, that someone would be Lee Chaeyeon. 

Hyewon was thankful to meet Chaeyeon. But it was at the time when her Dad leave them. Being betrayed by the person whom she respects the most, made her detach from everyone trying to get into her life. Letting them in is like giving them the right to hurt her. 

At the very first time that they met, she hate her already. For a ten year old, Chaeyeon was already taller than her. What she doesn't like the most was the fact that the younger one keeps on stammering when talking to her. 

She hates that the girl was still so pretty and adorable despite wearing those thick-framed glasses and braces. 

But maybe it was just an excused. Being closed with Chaeyeon would mean she would be attached. When she's already attached, she would give all her trust only to be broken and left behind. Hyewon would not want that. 

However, the younger was persistent. Who would wait for her, even burning with fever, just for her to come out of the room? Who would force herself to listen to All time low, The Script and FM Static even if she doesn't like that kind of music genre in the first place? Who is the only idiot who would climb every tree for her to eat her favorite fruits? Only Lee Chaeyeon. 

Chaeyeon was consistent. From the get go, she finds good in every person. She is extremely patient too. And if there was a trait that she doesn't like, it was - Chaeyeon is painfully a good hearted person. The girl would help anyone who ask for her. She would do everything for any person who would ask her a favor. 

What was her word for that? Gullible. Chaeyeon would be easily swayed and fooled. The mere main reason why she vowed to herself that she would protect the girl in any way she can. 

Their old school was an example. It was an establishment full of entitled rotten spoiled brats. They mocked everything that's ordinary, they used everyone for their own good. And, she doesn't want Chaeyeon to be treated like that. 

So, Hyewon used her status and threatened everyone. She did not hesitate to used her eldest sister name, Kang Jihyun. Who would  not feel intimidated? Her sister owns chains of Hotels and casinos. 

Still, it didn't have a good outcome. Their schoolmates would still talked behind Chaeyeon's back. It hurted her too that Chaeyeon tried everything to just fit right in. For the first time, the girl tried wearing contact lenses which she is not comfortable to. 

It became a part of her daily life. Chaeyeon would always end up accompanied by her. And because she is so expressive, take note of the sarcasm, Hyewon always made Chaeyeon angry because of her actions. 

It was great, she was getting used on annoying Chaeyeon. Hyewon was used to be the only one in the younger's life but that is until a storm in a form of Jeon Heejin came.

If Hyewon would be honest, it annoyed her a lot. Heejin was amiable. She was a good-looking fluffball who befriend Chaeyeon. 

Hyewon was ready to intimidate and threathen the girl. She believes that Heejin had other motive in befriending Chaeyeon. But she backed off. She let them be. Why should she be a hindrance to them? Chaeyeon was so happy. The twinkle on her eyes says a lot. Hyewon was not that bad, if it would make the girl smile like that a lot, she would let her. 

But as they say, Regret is always at the end. She should have trust her gut feelings. If she did, Chaeyeon wouldn't be  too attached to Heejin. 

Hyewon stops from reminiscing when her phone goes off. It was a special ringtone set for Chaeyeon's bestfriend. 

"How is she?"

The girl snorted and laughed at her mockingly. Ofcourse. Yena would always care about Chaeyeon first. Good. 

"She's a messed Kang Hyewon. You must really feeling good, huh? Chaeyeon rans to the student council office to check you there. Then, she rans again to your mom's house when she heard she got home. She's not even sleeping well and attending her classes. So, YES! I bet she's okay.

Hyewon sighs and frustratingly messed her hair. She really wants to say sorry to Chaeyeon at the very least even if the latter won't take her back. But, the odds are not in her favor because she got this important worked to finished. 

Chills crawled all over her spine when she hear that familiar voice at the end of the line. It was so stern that she got to think twice if it really was Chaeyeon. 

"So, you really didn't even have the intention to see me, huh?"

Hyewon feel a lump on . She gulped thrice and tried to talked but to no avail produced incoherent words, "Chaeyeon, I, so-- Uhm ~"

"Get your coward self to our unit right now!"

It's not the right time but Hyewon can't helped but smile. It was just Chaeyeon saying 'our' but it has a nice ring to her ears. "I'm overseas right now Chaeyeon-ah"

"Is that even problem? You can do everything right? Now. Stand and walk. I will meet you at the airport." And, Chaeyeon dropped her call after that. 

Hyewon immediately rustles to pack up her things. She called someone to prepare her private jet. This was her time to finally explain things. She could totally screw this job order right now. 

It still took them an hour to reach Korea. The person accompanying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter