CHAPTER 1

Daegu Village Flowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       It was a warm, nice morning in Daegu. Leaves was falling as the breezes passed the quite villager houses. The village are calm, filled with elders because mostly younger kids tends to seek for a stable and successful jobs in Seoul. But for Joohyun it was different. She lives with her parents which isn’t getting any younger. Not to mention one younger sister named Areum in their small humble abode.

       Mr. and Mrs. Bae was known as the one villagers always looked up to. When they face crisis, the village almost get evicted by city developers, saying they would built tall towers of apartements over their home. Joohyun parents are the one to suggest village citizen to come up with an idea.

Which is why now every year Daegu village accept exchange student twice a year, as a way to build their village tourism and earn money making sure that city developers won’t take another try on the village.

       It was spring 2020 when the oldest Joohyun and her sister decided to help Mr. and Mrs. Bae to defend the village instead of working in a well known company in Seoul. It’s Joohyun Job now to guide the newly arrived exchanged student every year.

She was known as Daegu innocent flowers. Many men from another village was trying to court her. But to no avail none of them have succeed. She said this many times.

“My goals right now is to help my parents and make the village a safer place to live.” Told Joohyun to another suitor for the nth times in a day. By now half of the men that resides in village have known her motives, as she have no interest in love life. Which explain why most men in Daegu village have given up.

-

       Son Seungwan is an heir to her late father tech company. Last time she checked, Seungwan dreamed to become an English teacher in foreign country. She doesn’t exactly knows why. But years of growing up watching lots of language and international relations documentaries seem to be the reason. She figured it’s her passion to begin with.

     When her father passed away 2 years ago, she was in dilemma. Seunghee her older sister have just given birth to a lovely baby girl. And it’s not possible for Seunghee to take over their dad position considering her sister new born hence that’s why Seungwan comes in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter