VII: Fall Out

Choice and Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VII

 

2014 August

 

A month since Je Hoon's military discharge, it became difficult for them to meet but they managed to sneak out of filming in exchanged for few minutes to meet.

 

Je Hoon accepted new drama right after being discharged and Chae Won also started filming her new film “Today's Love”.

 

They went to the Japanese restaurant they used to visit together. "Ohh! You came back looking good, manlier," the owner greeted.

 

"Thanks, Auntie." Je Hoon replied with a pride.

 

The woman asked him how was his service and they talked briefly about it. Since he was discharged, it was the only time they got to visit the restaurant together again. Chae Won of course had visited from time to time while he was away.

 

"Ah!" The woman exclaimed and turned her attention to Chaewon, "Song Joong Ki's friend visited here few weeks ago. He must've told him about this place."

 

"Song Joong Ki went here?" Je Hoon asked.

 

The woman briefly nodded at him, "He did. Chaewon told him about this place."

 

He pierced a look at Chaewon to which she just reciprocated with a smile.

 

"Lee Kwang Soo?" Chaewon asked the elder woman.

 

"Um"

 

 

2014 September

 

Two months after his discharged, they still managed to meet frequently despite their conflicting schedules.

 

On the night of Je Hoon's comeback drama pilot episode, they planned to spend it together at their small shared place.

 

It was few minutes to airing and Je Hoon was anxiously waiting for Chae Won to arrive. When the door finally opened announcing her arrival, he instantly relaxed.

 

"I'm sorry the filming ended late." She hurried her way to him placing her bag on the center table of the living area, "Has it started already?"

 

"No, you just came in time."

 

A week has passed and the first two episodes of Je Hoon's drama received an average rating. It wasn't bad but it could be better. Who are we kidding? It's Lee Je Hoon's comeback drama.

 

Chaewon swore it will go higher on the next episodes and she kept repeating he did great. Thanks to her he managed to care less of the ratings and the expectations of the viewers. As long as she's there reminding him to breathe, then he's saved.

 

 

2014 October

 

If you'd ask when did the fallout started, maybe this was the right answer.

 

Three months after his discharged, two months of being stable, yet this month wasn't it. It was even harder to meet, with Je Hoon's drama currently airing, he and his team had to double their time to finish their filming.

 

Meanwhile Chae Won has started filming another film on top of the other one that was still currently on progress. Both couldn't give each other time as much as they used to. More and more missed calls, more and more late replies.

 

The pressure on Je Hoon started to grow as his drama wasn't doing well. The following episodes kept declining in ratings. Feedbacks from the viewers wasn't helping him as well.

 

It was the time he needed Chaewon the most, yet it was also when Chaewon couldn't be there for him in time.

 

 

2014 November

 

It's Chae Won's birth month, but they couldn't celebrate it together like they always had. On her day, Je Hoon was extra busy, all he could do was send her a message early that morning. It was short and sweet, “Happy birthday, don't forget to have your birthday soup. Don't work to much and have fun on your day.” At the end of the message, a heart symbol was attached.

 

Chaewon tried to call him soon as he read the message but he wasn't picking up, she tried once more at lunch but still to no avail. Few hours later she received a message from him saying sorry he couldn't answer the call. “Don't forget to blow some candles and make a wish.” He added.

 

Before the night ended he tried to call her but this time it was her who did not pick up. He just finished filming for the day and it was already eleven in the evening. Chae Won have already informed him she'll have a shoot from eight until dawn, their schedules did not match.

 

She was probably in the middle of filming, he thought. Before turning in for the night he sent her a message, “How was your day? I hope you had fun. I'm sorry we couldn't meet today or at least talk on phone. Let's finish our work successfully and meet soon. Fighting!”

 

At this month as well, Je Hoon's drama will soon be wrapped. They planned to watch the last episode together like when they did on the pilot episode. He already had time in his hand but it was still a busy time for Chaewon. She was so busy that she barely checked on Je Hoon. It was always him who asks how she was doing first.

 

Je Hoon called her for the fourth time but still he was left unanswered. It was five minutes before the last episode would air and he knew she couldn't come. Then suddenly his phone rang.

 

"Chaewon, where are you now?" He asked hoping she was on her way but still had his expectation at minimum.

 

"I'm sorry." Je Hoon sighed silently not wanting her to hear his disappointment.

 

"I understand," he replied.

 

The rest of the month, Chae Won became even more busier than she already was, while Je Hoon had a lot of time in his hand. Worried he would disturb her work, he decided to wait for her calls from that time on.

 

 

2014 December

 

Early December, they got to meet for the first time in nearly two months. Je Hoon was going through Chaewon's phone gallery. There were photos of the team from her two films and he continued to scroll further and saw a photo from her birthday. She was with Lee Seung Gi, though he knew it couldn’t be avoided as they work together, he still felt a little jealous. He was suppose to be with her on that day. He felt he wasn't good enough.

 

"You two really looked comfortable with each other," he blurted out all of a sudden.

 

"Who?"

 

"Lee Seung Gi"

 

Chaewon let out a soft laugh hearing his ridiculous statement, "Of course! We're close friends after all."

 

Je Hoon knew that of course. He still remembered how Chaewon comfortably introduced him to Seung Gi as his boyfriend when they were at one event. She never did that to just anyone, they have came across some actors too but acted like they were mere acquaintance, like how they always do when attending the same gathering.

 

So far, she had introduced him as her lover only to Hyo Joo and Seung Gi, two of those she openly named as her best friends.

 

His thumb pressed the home button of her phone. Decided to stop what he was doing to join Chaewon in the kitchen, yet, just in time, Yeon Seok's name appeared on screen.

 

Yeon Seok sent her a message, “Chaewon don't forget about...” was the only thing that appeared on the preview.

 

He thought of checking her notifications and for a while he hesitated. Still, he end up sliding his thumb from top to buttom to reveal her notifications. On top

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter