VIIII: Believe In Me

Choice and Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VIIII

 

 

2012 September

 

The two of them closed their eyes to make their wishes. Je Hoon opened his shortly after closing them. Instead of wishing, he stared at her and prayed, "Let her be strong while I'm away. Let us find our way back to each other no matter what challenges may come our way. Remind me when I forget this prayer, because I don't want to make mistakes along the way." 

 

Chaewon on the other hand wished silently, "I couldn't wish for more but have his heart stay the same, because I'm confident mine will whatever waves will come my way."

 

She opened her eyes soon as she finished hers. She saw how Je Hoon had his eyes already opened so she said, "You're done? So fast?" She pouted expressing his disappointment thinking he might not have something earnest to wish that he was done so fast.

 

 

2020

 

Lee Je Hoon and Shin Hye Sun's career went downhill after the blow. Both of them decided to take an infinite break from the industry, not like they have any other choice.

 

Hye Sun wasn't so bothered. She already accepted her fate the moment she decided to come clean. Je Hoon as well didn't care that much. He was occupied with worries for Moon Chae Won instead. After all these years, she remained his weakness, and after all these years, all he wanted was her happiness.

 

Yet, at the same time, he caused her mess. If only he was more careful and went out with better disguise. If only he took different path that night. But who was he kidding? Whichever path he took he was destined to ran into her that night and he could feel that.

 

Fortunately Moon Chae Won's career wasn't hurt too much. She will soon start filming for her next drama after almost two years of hiatus.

 

But then, a fortune comes with an opposite.

 

A month after the mess, Chaewon had started filming and at the same time, Yoon Seok started changing.

 

He was slowly becoming suspicious of small things. He slowly became emotionally aggressive. He was slowly ruining his marriage. And the basis? Jealousy, trust issues, insecurity.

 

No one knew he had those, probably because it was new to him as well.

 

As much as Chae Won can, she kept extending her patience more and more. To her, Yeon Seok needs him and she was willing to be the pillar of their marriage. She will help him fight whatever fight he has with himself.

 

"Are you doing fine?" Hyo Joo asked. She finished filming and got back from Japan few days ago.

 

"Hanging tightly," she smiled.

 

Hyo Joo raised a brow at her, "You better tell me the truth Chae Won. Is Yeon Seok starting to be physically abusive?" She came closer to her friend, grabbed her arm and checked for any bruises.

 

Chae Won laughed, "Come on, we both know how Yeon Seok won't even dare to touch a fly. He's the most gentle human being."

 

"Yeah, I know that but just in case he does 180 degree turn, you know you can be honest with me right?"

 

Chae Won nodded.

 

"And speaking of honesty, can you be honest with me about Je Hoon oppa too?"

 

Chae Won furrowed, "What about him?"

 

"With all the revelations coming out, how do you feel?"

 

"What should I feel?"

 

Hyo Joo rolled her eyes.

 

"Of course, I was stunned," Chae Won started. "All those pain I felt when I first heard his dating news, much more when they said they were getting married."

 

She felt a sting in her nose as she became honest with what she really felt. "After all he was the first man I really loved. We shared so much. I had a lot of good memories with him and been through a lot of pain when I broke up with him."

 

Hyo Joo could feel her friend holding her tears. She rubbed the back of Chae Won as if encouraging her to let it all out and to let her know that she wouldn't judge her whatever she'll hear from her.

 

Chae Won felt her friend so she stopped holding back and for once, she wanted to let it all out. For a thousand time she was thankful she had a friend that she could rely on.

 

 

2018

 

"Breaking News: Lee Je Hoon and Shin Hye Sun getting married."

 

Chae Won couldn't believe her eyes, her limbs started to feel numb. She was reading the article that was trending on Naver. She refused to believe and begged so much for it to be a fake news.

 

"Please let this be not real."

 

A call came, it was Hyo Joo's. "Chaewon, are you okay?" She spoke immediately soon as she got connected.

 

"Hyo Joo, are you back yet?" She asked knowing Hyo Joo was still filming overseas. "I'm just not sure if I'm okay. No," she corrected. "I'm not okay."

 

"I'm sorry Chae Won." After that was a sob from the other line.

 

Hyo Joo can't go to her so she asked Yeon Seok to check on Chae Won instead.

 

 

 

"I clearly told him to comeback when he finds himself, but what? Marriage? Dating was okay, I could have just wished for them to break up. I really loved him that much." She looked up to her friend and scoffed, "I'm a bad wife aren't I? Still feeling pain recalling th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter