I: Scandal

Choice and Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I

2020:

Three girls seated across each other from a round table; the first girl has a wavy hair, she was using her phone; the second one has short hair and was reading a novel; the last one was wearing white shirt, she was holding a compact cushion to her face level and reapplying a coral lipstick.

The girl with wavy hair was scrolling through her phone screen when a message popped up saying, "Big news! Check Naver asap."

Even before checking Naver she called her friends attention without hesitating. "Hey, big news!" she announced and it got the other girls on their feet, instantly moving closer to her.

"What?" says the girl in white. The wavy haired girl moved the phone a little further so everyone could see. Soon as the Naver page loaded, their eyes immediately spotted the same article. The headline says;

'Breaking: Photos of Lee Je Hoon and Moon Chae Won together revealed, rumors of third party circulating.'

"Wow!" the three young ladies exclaimed at the same time. After reading the article and viewed the photos, they commented;

"It's really them. This is crazy," the short haired girl said.

"Really, Moon Chae Won? She should be ashamed," the girl in white stated.

"She's so done for," the phone owner added.

"But nothing has been confirmed yet," defends the short haired girl.

"Of course they'll cover it."

"But still innocent until proven guilty," again the short haired girl said.

"Whether it's true or not, both of their careers will surely hit rock bottom. This scandal is no joke."

"Right. I knew why I don't really like her since, what a waste for Je Hoon though."

 

* * *

 

At 4U Entertainment, not long after the news blew out, Lee Je Hoon barged in to the CEO's office.

"Why didn't you do anything to stop the person who got that photo?" he angrily asked. He can't believe those photos were used against him, them, without a heads up. It's ridiculous.

"You know I would do everything to prevent it from leaking if I knew."

Je Hoon believed what he said. He surely wouldn't risk one of the best and the most popular artist he has. Money to buy the information is nothing compared to losing the company's best asset. This is, after all, a business.

"We will release a statement to deny it but first let me hear the real story," the CEO motioned him to sit on the meeting space at the center of his office.

They sat down a cross each other on the couches, ready to discuss what they have to discuss. It was not going to be a smooth ride but they'll try to salvage what they can. Denying it would not make everyone believe it, some people tend to jump to conclusion right away; accepting it was never an option, though he won't lose everyone but most probably he'll lose ninety percent of his supporters.

Meanwhile at Live Entertainment, the CEO is currently talking to Moon Chae Won's manager. He asked him to call and ask her over, soon as she can. He did just that, quickly dialing Chaewon's number hoping she'd answer immediately as this is an urgent matter.

It took two tries before she finally picked up. On the phone he spoke to her, "Chaewon, where are you? Have you seen the news?" he asked without waiting for her to reply to his first question.

It took her a moment to finally respond, heaving a sigh "Yes," she confirmed from the other line sounding mentally exhausted.

"Are you okay?" he asked worried and she answered with a short hum, though he was not convinced he proceeded to tell her what he has to say anyway. "The CEO wants you here right now," he said with a concern. He knows this was going to be really hard for her; she was always been private with her personal life and has never been involved in any scandal, on top of that, an affair.

After agreement, he ended the call and turned back to the CEO.

"The front and the back door will be packed with reporters and journalists, you should find a way to bring her in unnoticed," the CEO ordered.

"Yes sir."

 

* * *

 

2016 April:

A room painted in white with a touch of cream interior designs, a young woman seated on a velvet armchair, covering herself with a chunky knitted blanket. The sound of the rain dropping from the outside made her feel blue. She sipped on her steaming cup of tea "Today is really draining me," she sighed heavily. Staring at her cup she thought, "I should've had coffee instead."

She stood and decided to watch some variety show to lift her spirit up. She went to the living area and immediately turned the television on. Before throwing herself on the couch he grabbed some chips from her kitchen countertop.

Setting herself comfortably on her large leather couch, legs crossing, she covered herself with the knitted blanket she has been using all day. She changed from channel to channel and stopped when she saw what she was looking for. There was no particular show in her mind; anything was fine at the moment.

"Oh! It's Yeon Seok oppa," she exclaimed excitedly. For the first time today her energy lifted up by just a little. A little is better than nothing.

Not long after she could hear her phone beeps and she was so sure it's Yeon Seok, "Look now, he must be so proud he's on a variety show. He's even sending a message." After Yoon Seok's part she extends her arm to reach her phone from the side table. She unlocked it and surprisingly she saw a message from her close friend, Hyo Joo.

'Chaewon, are you okay?'

She was confused as to why Hyo Joo suddenly asked if she was okay. She replied to her message asking "why." Not even a minute passed and she received a reply from her. She's not busy after all, she thought. She knew Hyo Joo and Yeon Seok were doing promotions for their movie "Love, Lies" that was coming on cinema soon.

'I'm actually having an interview with Yoon Seok oppa now, and you know how he's friends with Je Hoon oppa right? He was watching a clip from his interview while we were on break, you should check it!'

'He really is the worst!'

She hurried to check his interview without responding to her friend's message. It was an interview from a tv program. She watched the whole eight minutes long video and when he was asked about relationship, she wasn't surprised he denied dating in the past six years. "Of course, he would deny it..."

She wasn't expecting hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter