III: Dating News

Choice and Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

III

2017 March

Standing by the huge glass wall, a man in blue striped white suit is waiting for his talent, Lee Je Hoon. He didn't have to wait long as Je Hoon was around the area when he called him to his office. When Je Hoon went in, he asked him to sit on the small meeting area as he himself settled down on his seat.

"I have a proposal to you. This is going to be burden but this would benefit you in the long run," he tells him.

Just by hearing it; Je Hoon already knew this is going to be a ridiculous proposal.

"Entertainment news will release an article of you dating; and in few days’ time we'll confirm it," it's ridiculous indeed.

He has heard of situations like this, but it's his first time encountering one. "Can I ask what is it this time?" He plainly asks.

"What?"

"At least I should know if it deserves to be covered up."

"Je Hoon-ah, I honestly don't know. The only thing I know is I owe them one and they'll probably use this against me and my artists; and that includes you. Please?"

After thinking much he decided to agree; he just has to fake relationship with his co-star, Shin Hye Sun and in few months they'll announce breakup due to busy schedules; he doesn't even have to meet her outside of work.

Among all the artist under the same agency, his project is the best well-received by the audience; thus he felt he's the best option.

 

The next day in Daegu, it's Chaewon's fifth day of her "a week with family in hometown" vacation. She was chewing her snacks while reading the script of a drama she's been offered, "Water God and his Bride."

She had her phone on vibrate so she could focus on reviewing the script. On the middle of reviewing her phone started vibrating; it took the phone to vibrate thrice before she decided to check it. There were three messages from two people; Hyo Joo and Yeon Seok.

'Are you busy? I'm around your area we should have dinner together.'  A message from Yoo Yeon Seok says. She chooses to read the other message before she'll make him a reply.

'Big news!'

'Check naver when you're at home; if you're out and driving, then don't. Okay?'  says Hyo Joo’s messages and while reading her messages another one came.

'I'll call you when I'm off. Love you.'

Her heart starts beating faster each second. She knows something is not right. She forced to bring herself to open Naver app though her hands are subtly shaking. There, Lee Je Hoon is in the top trending. For a while she hesitated, taking a deep breath she hovered her thumb atop his name, hesitantly she tapped it.

“Tomorrow For Us leads; Lee Je Hoon and Shin Hye Sun rumored to be dating.”

slightly dropped open. She imagined this day would come; she knew this day would eventually come, the day when he'll start dating again.

She tried to go back to her reading but couldn't focus anymore. She went out to get some fresh air when she felt her phone vibrating again from her pocket; she brought it out and checked. It's a call from her friend, she picked it up.

"Hmm"

"I love you," Hyo Joo said first.

"Me too, Hyo Joo-a, thank you; but I already know it's bound to happen. I'm okay, you don't have to worry."

"Chaewon, you know you don't have to always be okay with me right?"

Their talk was short but comforting. The rest of the day, she tires herself out. She knows she can't fall asleep fast if she won't and instead she'll spend all night being bothered.

"Chaewon-ah"

Soul left from her body for a second, "Oppa!"

Her brother took a step closer, "What are you doing?"

Chaewon stood tall, extends her neck upwards "why?", she said.

"You've been cleaning the whole afternoon, are you planning to quit acting and start being a cleaning lady?" He slides his fingers on top of the coffee table, and nods his head "passed."  Chaewon crosses her arms as she let him finish what he wants to say.

"Do my room next, will you?"

"Do it yourself, will you?"

 

2020

"Should I tell them the truth? Maybe it's time," Hye Sun suggested.

Eyes wide open; the CEO was furious yet able to keep his calm. "That's not an option; we'll get the blow even more."

Hye Sun is aware of that but she's suggesting it to Je Hoon more than anyone else. She's asking for Je Hoon's opinion but he remained silent not knowing what right to do in this situation; what should be done that won't cause more damage to anyone especially Chaewon.

On the other hand, Chaewon's agency Live Entertainment released a statement regarding the issue;

"Moon Chae Won's agency, Live Entertainment denies third party rumors; says Moon Chae Won was with husband Yoo Yeon Seok when the photos were taken."

Live Entertainment, after discussing the issue with their artist Moon Chae Won, denies the third party rumors involving their artist.

They said Moon Chae Won was with Yoo Yeon Seok that time the photos were taken; "They were still secretly dating at that time and met with their ex Architecture: Chapter One co-star Lee Je Hoon to personally invite him to their upcoming wedding," said Live Entertainment's CEO.

Lee Je Hoon's manager upon reading the statement given by the other party hurriedly excuses himself in the CEO's office to deliver the news.

"Please excuse me, Live Entertainment just released a statement regarding the issue," he went forward to where the CEO is sitting and showed him his phone for the CEO to read while Shin Hye Sun and Lee Je Hoon quickly opens their phones to read the news as well.

"Is it true?" the CEO asked.

 

2019 March

"I'm going to release a statement for our divorce whether you like it or not," Lee Je Hoon says firmly yet in calm manner.

Shin Hye Sun smirks, "You won't."

"Why not?" Je Hoon asked furrowing his brows.

"If you do I'll say it's because you're cheating with her."

"Her?"

"Moon Chae Won. Do you think I don't know?" she raised her eyebrow at him. She accidentally found out about Chaewon when they were moving after their marriage. She went to check on his room and found a wallet sized photo of them together in one of his boxes. Je Hoon was on the middle of arranging his things back then. Hye Sun was silent about it until today.

Je Hoon can't believe what he just heard from . How can she be like this? It's only been five months since their marriage news, it's still fresh for two individuals who got married because of love but for Je Hoon it felt like years already and he can't wait for the time they'll announce their divorce.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter