A day with you

Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As morning came, Yong-sun shot up excitedly, a small spring in her step as she entered her bathroom, slightly rushing through her actions.

Her roommate offered to take her out today, and even though the reason still annoyed her, she felt that it was slight progress in their relationship as roommates. To be honest, Yong-sun only knew a few things about her roommate. She knows her name, she knows she works, she knows she has a hobby, and she knows her relative age, but not her exact birthday. If you knew so many things about someone you're living with, you might be in the wrong house.

But she wants to try and learn more about her, and to get a little closer with her as friends and as roommates.

As she entered the living room while blow-drying her hair, Moonbyul was lying down on their couch, scrolling through her phone as she glanced up at her.

"Oh, you're awake," she said, sitting up as she shoved her phone into her pocket. "How long are you going to take to dry all that?"

"A few minutes, your hair isn't much shorter than mine, you should know how long it takes to dry," She said as she rolled her eyes.

"Alright then, I'll meet you at the bus stop in a few minutes," she said, gently flicking her hand as she left the apartment, closing the door behind her.

"God, she's infuriating," Yong-sun said under her breath as soon as she left, returning to her room to grab her stuff and finish up drying her hair.

 

"What took you so long?" Byul-yi asked as Yong-sun sat next to her on the bus, resting her head on the window.

"I went out less than three minutes after you did, I didn't take long at all," she huffed as she gently punched her shoulder, feeling mildly better as her frustration towards her released a tiny bit. "But enough about that, last night you said the mall suited someone like me, what did you mean by that?"

"It's a normal mall, but they mostly sell clothes. I rarely buy clothes for myself, but you looked like the type of person to spend on them," she said as she rubbed her shoulder.

"I'm going to take that as a compliment."

"It was."

"Then it was a ty compliment."

"You still accepted it, didn't you?" Byul-yi said, the slightest hint of a smile appearing on her face.

'Ok, it looks like she's in a good mood, I should probably try to get closer to her when her replies aren't as frustrating.' Yong-sun thought as she rolled her eyes. "Yes, fine. Aside from that, you should buy more clothes and expand that wardrobe of yours. When's your birthday? I'll buy something that looks nice on you."

"Whether or not I buy more clothes or not doesn't matter to me, clothes are just something you wear," Byul-yi said as she shrugged, "Also, birthdays are overrated, I haven't celebrated my birthday in seven years, and I don't plan on doing so anytime soon."

"Wait, seven years? Don't you have friends or family to celebrate with?" Yong-sun asked, bewildered as she held her shoulder, suddenly feeling a slight tension in her body.

"No, none at all. Come on, it's our stop," she said, shrugging her hand off as she gestured to her to let her out.

Yong-sun knew she made a mistake. She should have realised that Byul-yi had problems with living on her own. The whole reason Yong-sun wanted a roommate in the first p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter