First day of the rest of my life

Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This seems like the place," Yong-sun said, standing in front of a modern building in a quiet corner of the area, her hands clutching onto two suitcases along with a bag slung on her shoulder.

Yong-sun was a writer and a very good one at that. Recently, she wanted to gain some independence from the life she had but being an emotional person who relied on her social ties for leisure, being alone in an unfamiliar area didn't sit right with her, so she decided to find a roommate.

The roommate she found was Moon Byul-yi, she was one of the very few who weren't expecting favours in return for living space, and one of the even fewer who Yong-sun was comfortable with. At least she felt that she was comfortable with her. They had been texting almost every day for the past week, learning more about each other before agreeing to the terms of her stay. Byul-yi would let her stay, without having to worry about rent, as long as Yong-sun didn't complain.

So far, the only things that Byul-yi has told her willingly are that she's younger than Yong-sun by one year, she works at a nearby office, and that she enjoys arts and crafts. At least Yong-sun assumes she enjoys it, Byul-yi only said that she does arts and crafts when she has the time.

A quick double-check of the address prompted Yong-sun to keep her phone, thanking the designer that elevators were implemented as she went up to the sixth floor with her bags.

She stopped after walking down a hallway, at apartment 1906, bending down to lift the mat.

There is a spare key under the mat. I will be home at 9 pm. Make yourself at home' The robotic text she received in the morning said as she unlocked the door to her new shared apartment.

As she stepped in, she noticed a wooden bowl filled with keys as she dropped the spare key into it, looking around her new home as she took off her shoes. The apartment was fairly spacious, the living room and the kitchen being the only places that were relatively clean. There were a bunch of wood pieces in one corner, blueprints scrolled up in another as various sheets of paper peppered the ground. A hallway branched off from the main living room, two doors on the far end of it. One door was plain, while the other had a wooden sign with her name carved into it. Yong-sun found it cute but didn't know that custom signs could be found so easily, she'd want to get one in the future.

As she breathed in, she realised that even though the apartment was nice, the atmosphere it had didn't feel like that of a home, as it felt more like a workshop than somewhere you'd relax in. As she opened the door to her new room, she tucked her suitcases in one corner, setting her bag down as she immediately laid down on her bed, the fatigue of the trip here catching up with her, adding on to the fact that she didn't sleep the previous night out of excitement made her fall asleep almost instantly.

 

Yong-sun woke up a few hours later, jerking up at the unfamiliar sight of her new room before remembering her situation as she sat up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She didn't want to have her first meeting looking like this, so she shuffled over to her suitcases, ping one of them as she took out a fresh set of clothes and her toiletries before shuffling out to find the bathroom.

As she fumbled to find the lights and figure out how to work the new shower, the full realisation that she was roommates with someone she had never met yet crashed into her as she quickly showered, pulling on her fresh set of clothes as she sat on the living room couch, not knowing what to do. She said she'd be back at 9 pm, but it was only 8 pm, meaning she had a whole hour to do something before meeting with her new roommate.

'I should at least do something for her' Yong-sun thou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter