Reconciliation

Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul-yi came home to an empty apartment, an unusual sensation after seeing Yong-sun greet her everyday, but it was all for the sake of confronting her father.

When he kicked her out all those years ago, Byul-yi was resentful towards her father for not only not supporting her decision, but refusing her as a whole and kicking her out as some stupid 'rehabilitation' programme. She knew there was nothing wrong with her, and never questioned her uality even once, but despite having deep resentment towards her father in the first place, it slowly dissipated over the years.

She has no idea how her dad managed to get her home address. After she got kicked out, she found a remote place to stay and cut off all contact from her previous life, finding a job as she tried to start a new life.

Out of fear for being alienated once again, she kept quiet about her uality, and she tried not to let others find out about the fact, closing off her heart to others, and closing off her emotions from the women she fell in love with.

Until Yong-sun arrived in her life, that is.

The walls she built up in seven years managed to crumble in seven days, or maybe even seven hours. She wasn't entirely sure when it happened. The passion that Yong-sun had, combined with her outright acceptance for her uality immediately destroyed all the walls she made. She was still wary, that Yong-sun was saying that because they were roommates, but Byul-yi nearly instantly fell in love with Yong-sun.

What if Yong-sun found out about that? Would she still be as accepting of her then? Would Yong-sun still look at her the way she always does?

She tried to build up her walls again after Yong-sun's drunk seduction, keeping it up for a whole month, she suppressed the feelings she had for her, and kept it bottled up, refusing to make contact with her for the entire time, fortifying the walls she built for seven years.

She destroyed it so easily yet again, as if the walls were never there in the first place. She couldn't bear not talking to her for a day, let alone a month. Coming home every single day to see her preparing dinner or working on her story, yet being unable to have a conversation with her killed her on the inside. But it was all to make sure Yong-sun didn't find out about her true feelings, all to make sure Yong-sun didn't feel uncomfortable.

It was all to make sure Yong-sun stayed by her side, just a bit longer.

 

A knock on the door made her jolt up, taking a deep breath as she walked over to the door, bracing herself as she opened the door, her father standing in front of him, looking the exact same as he did all those years ago, just a little bit older and a little more tired.

"Hello darling," her dad said, his voice washing over her, making her feel at home.

"Hey dad, please come in," she replied, a soft smile on her face, mildly glad to see her father again.

He quietly entered her apartment, taking a seat on her couch as Byul-yi sat beside him, the two of them sitting in silence, not knowing what to say first.

"I want to apologise, for kic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter