Chapter 8 – 18th day of June

Do I have a choice?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few minutes later, Heechul was surprised when the door chimes sounded again. He looked up from what he was doing and saw someone entering the door slowly—Jungsoo.

 

 

“Jungsoo…-ssi? Did you uh… forget about something?” Heechul asked as Jungsoo continue to walk towards the counter again.

Still holding on to the beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers, Jungsoo walked until he was facing Heechul. He then shook his head lightly to answer Heechul’s question to him.

“Heechul… I came to give you this.” Jungsoo finally said before handing the flower bouquet to Heechul.

Heechul was so confused.

“Huh? B-but you told me you are going to confess to someone with this?” He finally managed to ask.

“I am doing that now.” Jungsoo replied with the sweetest smile one will wish to see every day.

 

Heechul was dumbstruck with the realization of what is currently happening. He questioned everything; why Jungsoo was doing it, how this is happening, when did it start and many more. But above all these, he questioned himself why this made him so happy.

“I-I ah… Um…”

Heechul tried to form a proper sentence but to no avail.

“I like you Kim Heechul. From the very first time I met you. Will you date me?”

Jungsoo finally ended their tense silence with these nervous sentences that he probably rehearsed for hundreds of times in his head.

 

Heechul’s eyes widened, trying to process what he just heard. This is funny. He thought, as he remembered all the times that he caught himself spacing out while thinking about the man he met at the last flower festival. He recalled internally slapping himself for thinking that he probably fell in love with the guy that he just met for a short while. He also reminded himself that minutes earlier he was feeling bad for himself as he prepares this bouquet that he was holding and he assumed to end up to some girl that Jungsoo liked.

 

“So… Um…” Jungsoo quietly asked but unbeknownst to him he ended up calming Heechul’s current storm in the mind.

Heechul was finally back to his senses. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, feeling like his heart was crawling out his throat. He took another deep breath as he tries make himself as calm as possible.

“Yes.”

Heechul finally said, but his voice was not as loud as he wanted it to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter