Chapter 15 - 3rd day of July

Do I have a choice?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungsoo woke up feeling weak and groggy.

He roamed his blurry eyes on his current surroundings. Judging from the while walls and beeping machines, he quickly understood that he is now lying on a hospital bed. He slowly sat up but sudden dizziness attacked him.

Seeing no one around him, he immediately remembered Heechul.

He forced his way out the bed and tore the IV needle on his arm. With shaky legs, he struggled to walk towards the door just in time for a nurse to open it.

“Sir! You must stay on your bed to rest.” The nurse exclaimed, immediately catching Jungsoo before he dropped on the floor as he lost his balance.

“No! I must find my husband! Where is he?” Jungsoo struggled from the nurse’s hold and tried to run out the room.

 

Knowing that Jungsoo won’t easily calm down, the nurse immediately asked help from the other nurses to help calm her patient down.

“Calm down Sir! Please go back to the bed and lie down. I will call the doctor to t-tell you about your husband.” The nurse tried to negotiate.

Sensing the hesitation on the nurse’s words, Jungsoo stopped on his tracks.

“W-where is he? Where is my husband?” Jungsoo asked, almost choking on his words as he fears the answer to this question the most.

Instead of answering him, the nurse didn’t meet his gaze and just helped him sit back on the bed before rushing out the room without a word.

 

 

 

Even before the next moments arrived, Jungsoo was already thinking about the worst-case scenario—that he failed to save Heechul and he had lost him again.

Thinking about it already felt like life was out of him again.

He felt like a fish out of water.

He suddenly couldn’t breathe.

His eyes were already stinging from tears, ready to flow out anytime.

He tried to calm himself and held tightly onto some hope. But the moment that he saw the doctor step inside his room, he already knew that all hope must be lost.

 

“Mr. Park…” The doctor started; his words already laced with the burden of telling the bad news.

Jungsoo didn’t even lift his head and just continued to stare at the floor as he listened to the doctor’s pronouncement.

“I’m very sorry Mr. Park but it was too late to save your husband”

 

 

Jungsoo instantly felt that he was poured with icy cold water before being thrown into an open fire.

His whole being felt numb with pain.

“He was declared dead as soon as the medics arrived at the site of the accident. You had been asleep for more than 36 hours now. But apart from some minor concussion and a slight rib fracture, you are fine Mr. Park.” The doctor finished his explanation.

 

Hearing the doctor’s last statement, Jungsoo snapped his head to look up at the doctor with tears pouring out his eyes.

“FINE?! How am I going to be fine after this doctor!?”

Jungsoo sobbed in despair, reaching for the doctor’s coat and tightly grasping it with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter