Chapter 10 – 24th day of June

Do I have a choice?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungsoo rushed absentmindedly to the hospital as soon as he received the call. He decided to take the taxi instead of driving as his body was trembling so bad, he could barely feel his legs as he ran. His mind was blank the whole ride, like his soul was out of his body and he was just controlling it from outside.

He sprinted out the taxi door as soon as the driver hit the break. He ran into a never-ending stretch of white corridor until he finally reached the end.

But he was too late.

The nurses already finished removing all the different machines that tried to attach life to the very familiar body lying on the bed and are now covering it carefully with a white cloth.

Jungsoo collapsed on the floor, staring on the hand hanging limply on the side of the bed. A hand with a ring that pairs the one on his own.

 

 

“Jungsoo”

Jungsoo woke up with the voice that seemed like a loud slap that came across his cheeks. He immediately opened his eyes and saw a pair of worried eyes staring down at him. He sat up and felt the rush of tears flowing from his eyes.

“Jungsoo? What’s wrong?” Heechul asked him in a worried voice.

Realizing that he was just dreaming, he quickly wiped his tears and pulled his husband in a tight hug and buried his face on his shoulder.

 

“Chullie…” he said in a sob-like whisper.

“Hmm?”

“I had a bad dream.”

“Mn. Don’t worry, I’m here. It’s just a dream.” Heechul replied, his hands gently running circles on Jungsoo’s back to comfort him.

Jungsoo nodded his head lightly as he continued to tighten his hug. His head was filled with the wish that the scene he just dreamed about will just remain as a nightmare forever.

 

 

 

“Here, I got you some warm chamomile tea. Drink this first.” Heechul said as he entered the room with a cup in his hands.

Jungsoo has now calmed down but was still stuck in the bed. He reached out for the cup that Heechul brought and immediately drank it in one shot. When Heec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter