Chapter 6 – 15th day of June

Do I have a choice?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anxious. Jungsoo is starting to feel anxious as the days pass by. He still can’t let go of the feeling of impending doom that will come to him one day. He had to fight off these irrational thoughts everyday especially when he goes home at night.

It didn’t really help at all when one night, Jungsoo arrived again on a seemingly empty house. He tried hard to restrain his panic even when he noticed the presence of Heechul’s shoes at the doorway. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves as he finally released the breath that he had been holding onto since he twisted the knob of the main door.

“Chul?” Jungsoo called calmly as he removed his shoes.

No answer.

“Honey?” He tried to call again.

Still, No answer.

He then proceeded towards the living room and here he finally found the person he was looking for. He spotted Heechul laying on the sofa, probably asleep, he thought. A thin smile started to form on Jungsoo’s lips but it immediately turned into a gasp when he finally saw his husband’s state clearly.

He was not sleeping. Judging from his pale face, dry lips and seemingly lifeless body, he seems to have passed out. Jungsoo quickly placed his palms on Heechul’s forehead --- its burning.

“Chul!” he exclaimed all panicked thoughts finally running free from their reins.

Jungsoo quickly scooped his husband’s body from the sofa and ran with one thought in mind --- bringing him to the hospital.

 

“He was just over-fatigued Mr. Park.” The doctor assured Jungsoo for the nth time as he carefully fixed the IV line attached on Heechul’s left arm.

With his legs suddenly losing their strength due to relief, Jungsoo was quick to support himself by slumping on the adjacent empty bed. He finally let out an audible sigh as he stared on the floor, hiding his tears from the people around him.

“Just let him rest for the mean time. He can go home as soon as the IV drip is finished.” The doctor told Jungsoo before patting his shoulder and taking his leave from the room.

Jungsoo went and sat on the chair beside the bed. He finally looked at Heechul who was still lying unconscious. He placed his hand on Heechul’s forehead; his fever remains but the color on his face finally started to come back slowly. He swept the bangs on his husband’s forehead and leaned in to plant a soft kiss on it.

Truth to be told, Jungsoo was scared out of his wits an hour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter