Chapter 4.2

Call You My Memory

CHAPTER 4.2

 

 

- Sssh!

Yoonbin squats down next to Doyoung to help tidying up and does not forget to blame the kid for not bolting the house's gate carefully. Hearing that, Doyoung scratches his head in embarrassment.

- I heared the sound of broken furniture so I must run to here immediately.

- Your hyung is so silly.

- Hyung, Jihoon hyung he...

- Alright Doyoungie, I'll litter then going home. You lead him toward the bed and also go home quickly. It's late outside.

Doyoung keeps silent a few seconds then leaning in and asking in a low voice:

- Do you come here to have a talk, don't you?

- No I don't.

- You don't tell lie well, compared to Jihoon hyung.

After that, Doyoung helps Jihoon stand up.

- Jihoon hyung told only one lie but he made you and the whole school believe in it.

- ...

- Two of you should talk to each other soon.

Yoonbin nods his head. Truly, there comes a time when they have to meet mutually and have a serious talk, but Yoonbin does not know that day will be which day. All day today Yoonbin was apparently afraid that he himself would push two of them more away from each other. But no matter what will happen, at least he needs to say an apologize to relieve his feelings.

- Doyoung, how about Yedam...

- Who is... Yedam?

- Nothing. I'll go first.

Doyoung walks Yoonbin to the gate, his mind begins wondering about the name Yedam and he cannot stop it. If Doyoung is not mistaken, this is not the first time someone has told him about that person, but who is he? Doyoung did not know as if that guy was very mysterious.

The message's ring tone suddenly rings loudly making Doyoung startled. The light screen displays a short line of text:"See you tomorrow. Bang Yedam".

.
.
.





Having bathed, Junkyu feels relaxed and lies down on bed. Junkyu does not know why but he has never felt really relaxed before, until today. Junkyu puts a hand on his chin, keeps his head up and looks at Mashiho.

- Did you sleep?

- Nope.

Rolling back over then seeing Junkyu's face, Mashiho is surprised silly. The surrounding atmosphere abruptly becomes so quiet that there is only the sound of the clock ticking, in that way, they look at each other although their face are both burning up because of feeling ashamed. Seeing that, Mashiho actively turns to the previous direction.

- Please keep a small distance from me.

- Why?

- It's late night but you still wear a ton of perfurms on your clothes.

Mashiho snorts. He cannot stand the boys who put too much effort into their appearance.

- You'd better get some sleep now. - the kid says.

Junkyu puts his arm around Mashiho and bursts out laughing when seeing the kid try to remove each his finger.

- Let go of me.

- It's been a long time since I could hug someone and fall asleep.

Living far from family since he was little, Junkyu might no longer remember his parents' face. Their blured images appearing in his dreams sometimes, perhaps, will never be taken shape. His childhood memories were dying and it made him create for himself a firm shield until he met Mashiho, he could get rid of it after that. Mashiho, more than a person Junkyu likes, is his family and the one he is willingly to stay near without calculating anything.

- You can blame me that I'm a troublesome person, it's alright. But don't push me away.

- What are you babbling on about?

- I'm only an aloner having no one to lean on, thanks to you, I've changed my lifestyle little by little.

Junkyu hides his face under Mashiho's hair and feels the scent from the kid's hair and body which is slightly spreading at the tip of his nose.

- Let me stand by you. I don't wanna go anywhere.

- You got drunk. Just get some sleep. And I won't let you go to the pub with me next time.

- I also won't let you drink wine. If you have any problem, share with me.

- ... Ok, if you're willing.

.
.
.








Yoonbin and Jihoon have not met each other for two days, and also, Yoonbin could not find Doyoung in front of the school's gate as usual - when school time is over. He keeps picking up his phone then putting it down. Why is an apology too difficult to say?

Yoonbin lies down on the grasses flat, closes his eyes and enjoys the fresh air which is hard to find. Actually, his heart is not much lighter than before, but it is still better than when he cannot remove heavy thoughts even a little. Two days without Jihoon was interminable like two years, Yoonbin's inner world had only heavy waves; there was no smile, and his mind was always covered with nostalgia. Being unable to shed tears, Yoonbin could only swallow back all of them and used his smile to hide them. Junkyu and Yedam both have someone to follow, only Ha Yoonbin is stuck around his unwilling heart-broken love story which he cannot put an end or repair.

- Yoonbin hyung!

Doyoung suddenly appears in rush and it makes Yoonbin feel something bad happening.

- You didn't receive my calls. Please help me to stop Jihoon hyung.

- What?

- Hurry up, hyung.

.


.

Sitting on the hand rail in front of the classroom, Jihoon no longer cares about what is happening around him. Right under his legs is the ground with a group of people who is ceaselessly looking at him and talking about him. For the last few days, the girls have always made words in their ears that Jihoon was a bad guy who was pathologically jealous, and that he was no worth to a person like Yoonbin. If so, as long as these hands are dropped from the hand rail, Park Jihoon can prove his purity, moreover, he can help Yoonbin stay by Mashiho's side more comfortably. He will continuously be said to be an evil guy who sponges on the past and stops Yoonbin's progress as long as he keeps living in this world.

- Ha Yoonbin, we'll meet each other in the after-life. No, don't meet again forever. I hate you!

- Hey Park Jihoon!

Yoonbin dashes towards Jihoon and hugs Jihoon tightly right after the boy has almost fallen down. If Yoonbin did not come quickly, a murder might happen.

- Whatcha doing? Let go of me.

- You don't wanna live anymore?

- Just come back to Mashiho.

Yoonbin holds Jihoon to stand right before his eyes, although he also finds it difficult for him to keep calm now.

- You silly! Mashiho and I have nothing special.

- But you broke up with me because of him.

Jihoon throws off Yoonbin's hand, finally, tears run down his cheeks making him have no control over his emotions. Jihoon cries out:

- You didn't trust me. You'd rather believe in what other people said and your damn sixth sense.

- You really didn't do it?

- You thought I was so bad that I competed against a kid. I knew you liked him but I pretended to show my magnaminity, got it? But you still wronged me, so I said "I did" to make it done.

Jihoon pushes Yoonbin away then wiping his face bathed in tears. He smiles a bitter smile.

- Anyway you didn't need me anymore, and anyway this whole school put a label on me that I was evil and envious of another person. I will die to prove my purity. There's only a few floors, they can't frighten me into jumping down.

Yoonbin knits his brows and pulls hard Jihoon towards him.

- If you jump, I'll follow you.

- ...

- Ain't I very bad? I hurt both you and Mashiho, I misunderstood you. Ok, so if I can die, this world will be less polluted.

- You won't!

- You jump, and I'll do right after you.

Thinking a second, Yoonbin abruptly shakes his head then saying:

- No, I'll jump with you.

Jihoon is unable to stop his thoughts of being treated unjustly. He lifts a hand and aims to slap Yoonbin but his deepest love does not allow him to do that. If Yoonbin is hurt, Jihoon will be hurt even tenfold greater than him. But look at him, Ha Yoonbin! Just because of unclear rumors and they were related to Mashiho, he decided to broke up. Is it like killing Jihoon?

- We broke up. Don't give me hope.

Jihoon turns away and suddenly, the images before his eyes become blurry. His legs fall to the ground and then he is no longer aware of anything.

"Ha Yoonbin..."