Aeong pt 2: Hello player 4.

Dancing with the Devil

A/N: I introduce the characters of Hyunjin's brothers here. Since I don't know their actual names, I'll create some based of the generational first syllable, Hyun. 


Heejin's POV

Spanning the entire duration of our ride there, Hyunjin talked. I'm sure she's likely not this talkative when she's sober. She mainly continued to talk about Kit-Kat and her dog, Rye. Apparently her dog's name is Rye because he looks like a loaf of Rye bread lying down, and rye bread is Hyunjin's favorite kind of bread. Why did she name all of her pets after food? Beats me. However, all of the talk about animals reminded me to take my anti-histamine medicine and nasal spray. Hyunjin's parents have enough on their hands already. I don't want to further burden them with my allergic reactions.

Speaking of bread, the girl has an obsession with it. After she finished talking about Kit-Kat and Rye, she started talking about her favorite types of bread and pastries. She sounded as if she had memorized each Wikipedia page for the item. While it may not be conventional wisdom, it's still pretty impressive.

Even right now, as I'm trying to help her up the stairs, she's going on a rant about how soft brioche bread is. I'm half listening, half not. Kinda hard to listen when Hyunjin is refusing to go up the stairs.

"Hyunjin, we can continue talking about bread and pastries as we go up the stairs. Now, come here. Lean on me so that you won't fall and let's go up the stairs!"

"Nooo the stairs make me tired and I don't like stairsssss~"

"You can lean on me for support. You'll barely have to move. Come on Hyunjin. Your father is eagerly waiting for you. If you are more comfortable with help from your father, I can call him down to help you?"

"Nooo I don't want his help. I wanna stay hereee~. If I'm gonna go up then you're gonna have to carry me."

"Alright then, carry you it is."

Since Hyunjin wasn't cooperating, I took it upon myself to carry her up the stairs. I turn my back to her and drop onto one knee.

"Come on, get on. I'll carry you."

"Yay! Less work!"

A wobbly Hyunjin makes her way over to me, lazily draping her arms around my shoulders. I reach back and secure my grip on her legs before pulling her up and standing up myself. In the cool breeze of the night, I can feel the warmth that softly radiates from her body as it leans onto mine.

"Hold on as tight as you can Hyunjin. I don't want you to fall."

I sense her grip tightening ever so slightly. Hopefully, she doesn't fall from this.

I start my climb up the stairs. The elevators were currently in maintenance check for the night, so we couldn't use those. At least this is somewhat of a lighter workout for me. Hyunjin is definitely lighter than I am, but not by too much. Yet, everything about her right now feels delicate, so I climb the stairs slowly. Just 6 flights of stairs, no problem. 

 

...

On flight 4 Hyunjin started coughing. I panicked and handed her a bag just in case she feels nauseous. Now it is ever more imperative that I get her to her parents and well taken care of.

Rushing up the stairs, everything seemed like it was going to be ok, until halfway up the 6th flight. My intuition was correct. Hyunjin did feel nauseous and threw up. However, her trajector was off and she threw up on me, instead of in the bag. Now the smell of alcohol was more fragrant, mixed with smells I'd rather not think about too much. I slowly finished the 6th flight of stairs and rang the bell. A middle-aged couple and 2 men around my age frantically answered the door.

"Oh my lord! Please please, come inside. Hyunwoo and I will take Hyunjin and my wife will take you to get cleaned up. Hyunjoon, go to your sister's room and grab some clothes that we can give the young lady ."

"Aigoo! What has my daughter done now?! Come, young lady. Let's get you cleaned up."

I drop down and hand Hyunjin off to her father, following her mother to the bathroom. 

"Thank you so much for dropping our daughter off here. My husband told me what happened. We were worried sick for our Hyunjin. She rarely ever behaves like this. Thank you once again."

"Just looking out for her ma'am."

"Please, use our shower to wash. I'll go grab some clothes from Hyunjoon and return with a towel for you."

"Thank you. Before you leave, please take this. I have some medicine for curing hangovers and the pain that comes with them. I'm sure that Hyunjin will need them tomorrow morning."

 

Hyunjin's mother closes the door. I shoot Mr. Park some quick text messages explaining what happened and tell him to go grab some dinner. After receiving confirmation from Mr. Park, I change out of my clothes, separating the ones that are soaked, and hop into the shower. Closing the opaque shower curtain, I begin wash out my hair and clean my body. Things are moving pretty quickly and unexpectedly. The first time she texts me, she's drunk. Then on the same day, I meet her parents and brothers through this unexpected condition. Now I'm taking a shower at her house? Which k-drama is this??

 

"Ms. Heejin? it's Hyunjin's mom again. I'm coming in to collect your clothes. I've brought you some clothes that you can change into."

"Oh yea please come in. Thank you for letting me use your shower."

"No problem. Once you are finished, the hair-dryer is in the lower cabinet. I'll lock the door for you."

 

. . .

Coming out of the shower, I see a bath towel neatly folded next to a stack of clothes. Drying myself off, I recognize the yellow blouse and light blue jeans from the first day I met Hyunjin. Putting on the outfit, I wipe away the water droplets on the foggy mirror. It's just as I thought. I don't do the outfit justice like she does. Do I look good? Yes, but the blouse is a bit too long on me, and I look a bit bulkier than she did wearing it. Nonetheless, I'm still happy. It's like getting your first hoodie or sports jacket from your girlfriend. Well, in this case, she's not mine yet.

As I'm drying my hair there's a knock on the door. Without opening the door, a voice sounds from the other side.

"Excuse me, Ms. Heejin. I'm Hyunwoo. I just wanted to let you know that Hyunjin's condition has gotten better and she is currently sleeping in her room. My parents and I wanted to invite you to dinner as a thank you for all the hassle that you went through."

"Oh no, I wouldn't want to intrude. My assistant has already ordered food for me and is most likely waiting downstairs. Thank you for the offer, but I plan on leaving as soon as I finish drying my hair and checking in on Hyunjin."

"Oh it's no hassle at all, but I respect your choice. Thanks for taking care of my baby sister. Oh, and, this is weird to ask, but my younger brother says that he recognizes you and wants a quick autograph. I understand how insensitive that sounds given your condition as well as my sisters, but he forced me to ask you."

"Yeah, sure it's no problem. Tell him I'll do it. I'll be out in a few short moments."

With my hair almost completely dry, I tie it into a bun and head out. Hyunwoo guides me to Hyunjin's room, and the first thing that greets me is Rye. He scurries up to me, pacing around me with his little nose scrunching up, trying to pick up my scent. At the moment I probably smell like Hyunjin or anyone else in the family. Looking towards the bed, Hyunjin is snuggly tucked in with Kit-Kat balled up beside her. Finally, for the first time this night, she looks calm and at peace.

I walk over to the living room where Hyunjoon and the rest of the family is. He shyly hands me a marker and a small poster that promoted my most recent match. I happily sign for him with a smile.

Hyunjin's parents once again try to convince me to stay for dinner, but I politely turn them down.

"Are you sure? It's the least we can do. Hyunjin has been overworking herself recently. She doesn't have as much time to meet up with her friends recently. You could even stay the night if you wanted to!"

"Mom, Hyunjin and Ms. Heejin aren't children anymore. Plus, Ms. Heejin is a rising star and an athlete, so I'm sure that she has a schedule tomorrow. We don't want to hold her for too long."

"Oh that's right! Thank you for reminding me Hyunjoon. In that case, we shouldn't hold you much longer. Hyunwoo,  Ms. Heejin to her car. Thank you once again Ms. Heejin. I'll have Hyunjin send your clothes over to you."

"Thank you."

~The next day...~

Hyunjin's POV

*Yawn*  Why is everything so ing bright? ...hangover...ugh I'm never drinking again. How did I get home again?

Oh no...no no no please tell me that was just a nightmare and that I got home on my ownnnnnn.

"Hey sis. Glad to see that you're awake. How are you feeling?"

"My head feels like it's hammered into the ground... do you have any meds?"

"Well you're right about the hammered part. Here's some ibuprofen."

"Thanks, Hyunjoon. Also, um...how did I get home last night?"

"You don't remember? A literal goddess carried you home. Then you proceeded to throw up all over her. She took a shower here and then left. Speaking of which, you have to return her clothes to her."

"Ughhh dammit. I really hoped that that was just a dream. I assume you're talking about Heejin?"

"Yep. How do you even know Heejin anyways? What is a rising star like her doing with a simple veterinarian?"

"Hey! I'll have you know that said veterinarian is the youngest of her class to land such a job, ok? And if you really are such a fan, then you should have seen the headline a week or so ago about her and Sooyoung visiting the clinic I work at."

"I've only seen the headline of it. I decided not to read any further into the article because it's absolute bs. Heejin isn't even gay! My goddess is perfect in every way."

"Uh huh, sure. Now can you go grab me some water for my meds? I can't just inhale an entire dry tablet, ya know. Where are mom and dad?"

"In the kitchen making lunch. Go wash up quickly. You've still got the day ahead of you. We called into the clinic for you and told them that you would be coming in for your afternoon hours only. Since you woke up so late, this means that you have...an hour and a half to get ready and head out to work. Don't worry, you won't be doing any operations today, just general checkups."

"Fineee. I'll be up in a bit. Let me just cuddle with Kit-Kat and Rye for a bit longer."

After Hyunjoon closes the door, I flip over, face down into my pillow and scream. 

You had a chance, Kim Hyunjin. ONE CHANCE...and you blew it. Can someone just wipe my memory of last night's events pleasssseeeeee!!

 

Heejin's POV

"Hello viewers. I'm Jeon Heejin, one of the special guests for today. I'm happy to be joining Haha and Jihyo's yellow team today."

"Wassup everyone! I'm BM or Matthew of KARD and the leader of the big tiddie committee. Gang gang! I hope to lighten up the atmosphere today as a member of Kwangsoo and Sukjin's black team!"

"Hi viewers out there. I'm I.M or Changkyun of Monsta X. I'm ready to turn up with Jungkook and Sechan on the white team!"

"Hey, viewers. How are you all? It'z me, Ryujin of Itzy! I hope to have fun today with Somin and Jaeseok's pink team!"

 

Out of all the people I could have seen today, it just had to be her. Just my luck.

To be fair, it's not like my manager could have known...nobody except the two of us knows.

"Hey, stranger. Long time no see."