Puzzle pt 1

Dancing with the Devil

Narrator POV

 [Pd}: "The final score for pink team issss....... 82! This means that, in the first round, the score is tied! Now, as most of you know by now, there is almost always a twist to these episodes. Since the first round was a tie, all we can tell you is that there are 3 moles/traitors among you all. For now, the clue about their identity will have to stay with me. For the next activity, all of you will be working together, but your respective groups at different locations around the city. Here, take 1 phone for each group. On the phone, you will see that there is a map containing the regions where each group will be searching for their relic. You'll note that there is some overlap in regions. This will allow you guys to meet with each other. This map will track your location and make it visible to other groups, so work carefully, since you all are still competing against each other after all. The first 2 groups to find their relic will get clues containing some common characteristics of the moles. Good luck."

 

Her competitive mindset setting in, Heejin took a good look at the map, trying to memorize every detail, every route. Wait...the meeting area with team white was essentially in front of...

 

Hyunjin's POV

Of course she would be busy. She is a celebrity after all. Whatever. Aeongie is fine on her own and can do as she pleases!

 

"There you are Hyunjin. Where were you?"

"At home. How were you able to arrive on time for your normal shift? Are you not hungover?"

"No, not really. I've sobered up and taken my meds, so I pretty much feel great!"

"Uuughhhh Dr. Seo Juhyeon you really are in another class of your own."

"Haha, I know I know. Now, did you hear what our boss did?"

"What did he do? Also, is he here? I think he drank the most out of all of us."

"Nope. he's at home with a migraine. Anyway, our boss apparently signed us up to participate in a scavenger hunt that is taking place within our suburb. Do you know the show, Running Man? Well, he signed us up for that. WE'RE GONNA BE ON TV! He wants us to promote us in order to get more customers and have enough money to build a small adoption/rescue section."

"Dammit. Don't get me wrong, I'm overjoyed that he is so on board with our desire to open an adoption clinic into the building, but out of all the days this could have happened, why today? Why didn't he tell more of us? I'm not even looking my best and I'm still slightly hungover. I don't want my first appearance on TV and so close to Yoo Jaeseok to be one that is disheveled and hungover!!! He is the nation's MC!"

"Apparently he told one of the supervisors about this, but it's supervisor Pyo, so you know that he probably forgot. He didn't tell me until he got the text message from the filming crew this morning. Here, I have some makeup in my bag. Do you want me to help you?"

"Yes, please. Thank you eonnie."

"No problem. Come with me."

 

. . .

Seohyun eonnie did her best and speediest makeup application possible. Those 2 concepts are normally exact opposites, but eonnie faired well and game me some TLC. It was a good thing that she finished so quickly too because we needed to make sure the place looked spotless. With fewer members of the staff present than usual, everyone was scurrying around trying to perfect things. Usually, the permanent staff consisted of 2 receptionists, 3 vets, and 2 assistants for each vet. Currently, only 1 receptionist, 2 vets, and 3 assistants have shown up beside me. I'm currently a part-time stand-in vet. If I impress my boss well enough, I might become the 4th veterinarian in this clinic! With the upcoming adoption/rescue clinic, we're going to need more employees.

Of course, all the customers were notified that filming would occur. Some expressed concern for privacy, so we arranged a makeshift private area for them to wait with their pets. Luckily that seemed to relieve their fear and satisfy them. 

Just in time, a few members of the filming crew entered. Fortunately, it seemed like there would be enough room for the crew to move around freely.

[Crew member]: "Which one of you is the manager or head veterinarian here?"

Our head veterinarian, Seohyun, stood up and walked over. From the corner of my vision, all I saw was Seohyun signing some papers and nodding intermittently. She called out for receptionist Shin to guide the crew around. The crew members all seemed to be very happy around the cute and intriguing animals that surrounded them. Meanwhile, I tried my best to look sharp and get ready to help in any way. Time to change into my coat and hug some lovely animals!

 

Heejin's POV

I should take some allergy medicine to prepare for everything. I don't want to have a major allergic reaction in front of all these people. I still want to win each and every challenge if possible. I wonder if Hyunjin will be there after drinking so heavily yesterday. I mean, it's already the afternoon, so there is a high chance she's there. Between her, Ryujin, and these challenges, I would really benefit from a spa trip and some rest.

 

. . .

The car ride to our section of the city was pretty fun. We traveled in a large van with the members of team white. I talked a lot with I.M and found out that he is actually a pretty cool dude. I've checked out MonstaX's music before, and I must say, he is much sweeter in person. It seems like both he and BM wanted to know more about boxing and try it out. I mean, they're pretty chill and gave off a great first impression, so why not? I ended up giving both of them my card with the location of the both the gym I teach at and the place where I train. While I.M and I continued to talk about life and our careers, with the occasional chime in from Haha, Jihyo and Jungkook talked strategy and bickered in the front seats of the van.

 

[Jungkook]: "Hey, I'm just saying. If any of you are the moles, you better watch out! I'll have my eye on all of you!"

[Jihyo]: "How can we be so sure that it's not you? None of us have gotten any clues about the moles yet, so we'll just have to wait and see..."

 

Upon arrival at our destination, I immediately look to my right and see the vet clinic, doors opened, with some crew members inside. One rushes out and hands a card with a clue leading to the relic to each team. Ours seems to be somewhat like an anagram... (feel free to play along readers!)


Create a 9 letter word that matches the prompt. Since this is the first clue, we shall start off with a simple one and give you a clue. If you fail to solve this in the given 5 minute period, then we shall reveal the answer to you, but you will be given a 1 minute penalty in the next activity after this, so pay close attention!

SPRING FLOWERS

From these 13 letters, create 5 words that match the prompt. 4 of these words lead to 4 tools you can use later on. One will lead you to a greater challenge. Be careful

Take no _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. (9 letters)

To know more about someone, go to their _ _ _ _ _ _ _. (7 letters)

My mentor took me under her  _ _ _ _. (4 letters)

Don't eat like a _ _ _. (3 letters)

The bird of knowledge. _ _ _. (3 letters)


Ok, this is simple enough. 

 

[Haha]: "Ok, so the second to last one is 'pig'. I'm 100% sure"

"I think so too. The only other animal I could think of was an 'owl', but I don't think that fits."

[Jihyo]: "I agree. I'm pretty sure 'owl' is the last one. I think the third one is 'wing' ."

"Agreed. The first one is most likely 'prisoner' ."

[Haha]: "Cool cool. What is the second one though?."

"Since we are working on this one together, can we ask one of the other teams? Not the best game strategy though."

[Jihyo]: "Knowing this show, there is always a twist somewhere. I'm not sure if we can trust the other teams, especially now that we know that 3 people are moles."

"Well, we still have 3 minutes to try to come up with something. I say we give ourselves 2 minutes to try to solve the riddle. In the last minute, if none of us get it, let's ask someone else."

[Haha]: "Sounds good. I think we should simultaneously move around and try to search for where the other clues lead us."

[Jihyo]: "Agreed. Let's split up and search our area. If any of us need something, let's just use the group chat, ok?"

"Alright. Let's do this."

 

Meanwhile...

A maintenance team enters the gym Heejin coaches at, arriving for their biweekly check up. They make their way around the gym, making sure everything is just the way they like it. Eventually, they make their way into the empty women's locker-rooms and check the state of the lockers.

"Sir, everything has been installed and swapped out."

"Good. I need some blackmail material. Depending on what I get, maybe I can even find a personal use for this."

"Well, you're gonna get it alright. We've already set up some other equipment for failure to ensure that we return."

"What happened to the actual maintenance team that was supposed to go today?"

"We paid and convinced them to take the day off and said that we would take care of it."

"Make sure they don't snitch"

"Don't worry, I think we're safe."