Found

Dancing with the Devil

A/N: Since there are going to be multiple people speaking, I'm going to color code the dialogue so that it's more clear as to who is speaking. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, you'll be seeing more red in this chapter ( if ya get what I mean ;) ). The next chapter will return with more of the focus back on our main lead, Heejin!



 

Narrator POV:


Breaking news from Dispatch: Ha Sooyoung and Jeon Heejin rumored to be dating. Training partners or life partners?

Recently, numerous pictures have been captured of upcoming celebrities Ms. Ha Sooyoung and Ms. Jeon Heejin shopping together and sharing laughs at the movies and amusement parks. Witnesses at the movie theaters and amusement parks they visited stated that the 2 were inseparable. Just today, a masked Jeon Heejin was seen at a local veterinarian clinic getting treatment for Ms. Ha's dog, Haneul. The amount of love required for someone like Ms. Jeon, who has a pet dander allergy, to take Haneul to the vet is undeniable. Ms. Jeon was even kind enough to take a picture with the managers of the clinic and hug the veterinarian who healed Haneul's injury. 

Ms. Ha and Ms. Jeon's management company, BlockBerry Creative, has denied these allegations but states that they will continue to look into this issue. 

In other related news, inside sources tell us that Ms. Ha, Sooyoung, Jeon Heejin, and Kimberly Lippington (Kim Jungeun) are rumored to be hosting a party for friends and fellow members of the company at a hotel in Gangnam. The source claims that a 2-floor penthouse sweet and the conference room of a hotel has been reserved for the festivities.

What is the opinion of the people? Leave your comments below.

Written by Kim Jiwoo


"This is some absolute bs. Yves, did you see the Dispatch news yet?"

Reclining into the plushness only a penthouse suite sofa can offer, Heejin set her phone down on the table with a huff, turning instead to face the window that overlooked Gangnam.

Yves peeked up from the game she was playing and grabbed Heejin's phone. As Yves progressed through the article and the pictures, her hysteria at the outlandish article developed into uncontrollable laughter.

"Have they ever heard of something called friendship? Also, news about the party is out now..."

Another new voice chimed in from across the room. "How the hell did news about the party leak? We literally sent out invites 2 days ago and had the invites guarded." This suave voice came from none other than Ms. Kimberly Lippington, KimLip as she prefers.

"Oh wait, I know the press found out. Maybe someone else from Blockberry decided to post their invite to the party. To be fair, everyone in our company was required to be invited, whether we like them or not."

"Yeah, that's a possibility. Also, Lip come here. Did you see this dispatch article about how Heekki and I are apparently dating?"

"Haha yeah, I saw that almost immediately after it was posted. Interestingly enough, I know the girl who wrote it. She was a close friend during high school. Oh, don't think you know this one though, because she recently moved back into Seoul and I haven't seen her in person for 3 years now."

"You have a friend who works in dispatch? I can't believe you're mingling with the enemy!"

"To be fair, I think this is her first job since moving back to Seoul. I saw an update on her social media."

"Honestly, this won't have much of an impact though because Blockberry is obviously going to deny it. You know what they say. Any press is good press? In this case, since it's so innocuous, I think she may have done Heejin and I a favor by drawing more attention to us. If you ever see her again, tell her that her info is wrong and that I am indeed painfully single, but not for lack of offers. I think the funniest part is when it talks about Heejin's hug with my veterinarian. Believe it or not, Heeki here had a love at first sight situation."

"She's so cute though! Being fully honest, I think there's at least a bit of love in her heart for me. You should have seen how cute she was when I caught her staring at me... I swear it just made we want to take things a step further and see how much I can ."

"Hey let's keep it PG Heejin. PG."

"Yeah right. You're the one to talk, you giant ladykiller. Let's be honest. The person who is the tamest among us is Lip. Yves, you're a picky seductress. Lip is that tsundere type who pretends she doesn't care but is internally always gay panicking. I'm the charismatic tomboy type with a soft side."

"Damn Heeki! You call me a ladykiller and seductress yet still say that you haven't fallen for me? Hmmm...are you trying to validate the headlines? ;)"

"I swear, you 2 are like siblings. Now move so that I can double-check everything for the party. You guys should get ready. It's in half an hour."

"Awwww Heekki you forgot to mention how much of a mom Lip is! We love you Lip!!!"

"Uh huh, of course you do...If you two do love me, help me find the name of that cute DJ at the night club we went to."

"Well, the funny thing is, I asked corporate to send a representative down and extend an invitation. Sorry, I tried, but I think the club is sending someone else here."

KimLip was dejected after the news, but in her true tsundere fashion, tried her best to mask her disappointment under a facade of indifference. However, by now, Yves, Heejin, and KimLip were essentially attached at the hip, so this facade was nowhere hear effective. "Meh, that's fine. I guess I'll just meet her some other time and finally work up the courage to ask for her number. Now come on, let's head downstairs to the conference rooms and make sure this party is perfect!!" 

With some nagging from KimLip, Yves and Heejin begrudgingly got up and headed down. KimLip was fully aware that housecleaning and butlers were available, but something about cleaning just soothed her. 

Meanwhile...

??? POV

"Are you sure this is gonna work? With all respect Ma'am, I don't think this will work. Yes, I have everything ready. Yes...yes Ma'am I understand. Thank you. Bye."

My luck . This gig is just temporary, but boy do they work me hard. What am I getting myself into? I never had the intention of hurting anyone, but now, here I am, with that exact purpose. I give it 1 minute, 2 if I'm lucky before I'm recognized. 

 

KimLip's POV

I've double checked everything for the party by now. That leaves me with...around 7 minutes to try and figure out how to DJ. The DJ was supposed to have arrived around 10 minutes ago. Looking outside, there is a bit of traffic, but not enough to be 10 minutes late! Maybe there's an accident on the road?

Making my way over to the DJ table, I took one look at the contraption and realized that I would not be able to figure out how to use it in under 7 minutes. I could try and search for one of those "How to" videos, but I even then I don't think that It would be of much help.

*ding dong*

'Stay put you sloths, I'll get it."

I hope that that's the DJ because a party without good music isn't the same. However, when I looked at the monitor, I saw someone I never expected to see. 

"Lip, who's at the door? Are guests arriving already?"

"It's just a staff member coming to check in on us. Don't worry about it."

I quickly opened to door and let the guest in. I just need to act normal, that way Heejin and Yves won't question anything. Nonetheless, I slightly lowered my voice when speaking.

"How did you get here? You aren't supposed to be here."

"A hello or hug would be nice, but ok I guess. I heard the news about this party and wondered, 'would now be a suitable time to reenter your life?' After all, who can deny me?"

"Why are you here though? More importantly...why are you dressed as a server? Do you work here?"

"Well, as of now I do. I'll be your bartender for tonight. Can you show me where the bar is?"

"Huh...you know, I never thought that you would take a job like a bartender. Wait...where is our actual bartender supposed to be?"

"I pretended to be another member of staff. She said she wanted to go home, so I told her I'd cover for her. It's as simple as that."

"Hmmm...why don't I trust that explanation. I'll have some people check the CCTV footage. You better not be lying to me. I can't believe you've changed so much since we were together. I always thought teaching little kids suited you better as a job. The smile that would come to your face as you sang to them warmed my heart. Then again, you were, and likely still are, a child."

"Hey, I'm a grown woman. Don't forget that I'm a third-degree blackbelt!"

"Haha yeah, I recall. You've never actually used it against anyone before though. You don't have the heart to do such a cruel act...would you Jiwoo?"

"Who is this Jiwoo you speak of? I only know Han Eunsol. And...look, I'm doing this temporarily to earn money. I have a bunch of small side jobs to support myself right now. It's unfortunate that we have to meet again like this. All I ask is that you please cooperate with me."

The door to our room opens just wide enough for Yves' head to poke through. But before Yves can see Jiwoo, she quickly turns to me, her back facing Yves.

"Hey, Lip. Is this one the bartender or the DJ?"

At this moment, I glance over to Jiwoo and feel the desperation in her eyes. She wants me to play along. Yves obviously can't know that Jiwoo is the one who wrote the dispatch article...

"The bartender."

I place my hand on Jiwoo's shoulders, giving her a slight, reassuring smile before turning her around to face Yves.

"Um, wow... you're very pretty. Oh, where are my manners? I'm Han Eunsol, the bartender tonight."

"Don't sell yourself short, you're not that bad either. Well then, I guess I'll be staying close to the bar tonight ;)"

"Oh um...cool. Of course. Noooo problem."

"Say, Pingu, I think I recognize you from somewhere. Do you perhaps frequent the Girl's Talk Cafe? "

"Yeah I sometimes go there on the weekends. Why?"

"I blatantly recall one time, maybe it was even last week, when a girl who looks identical to you was sneaking glances at me through the window. I remember giving her a smile and a little wave, but then she ran away. Sound familiar?"

. is this the end? I'm almost 100% sure that Yves remembers Jiwoo, but, if my deductions are correct, Yves doesn't know Jiwoo's main profession. I can visibly see Jiwoo tense up at her words, so I walk up and subtlely place my hand on her back for comfort. This seems to help her a bit.

"Nope not at all. Not one bit at all."

"Awww, ok. That's disappointing. Anyways, Lip, back me up here, but I'm having some trouble believing that she's a bartender. I mean, look at her. She's so adorable! She's like a cute little penguin!

"Well... this adorable little penguin has a third-degree black belt in taekwondo! I'm fierce! So yeah, I bite."

"Are you just saying that, or are you offering?"

"Alright Yves, I think it's time that you give this staff member a break. Miss Han, if you would like to head to the bar and get ready for the guests? They will likely arrive any minute now. 7:30 pm sharp"

*ding dong*

"And here comes another guest. HEY HEEJIN? CAN YOU GET THE DOOR? I'LL TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE THE DJ MACHINE THING"

"I'VE GOT YOU COVERED LIPPY!"

 

Narrator POV

The girls divided and conquered their tasks. Yves set herself up around the bar, greeting guests and offering them drinks as they passed by.  KimLip stayed at the DJ table, trying to figure out how to use the equipment. Quickly giving up, she instead connected her phone to the speakers. Heejin stationed herself at the entrance doors, checking for invites and greeting guests as they walked in through the door. People started pouring in around 7:35. By 7:40, half of the guests had already arrived, yet there was no sign of Dr. Hyunjin anywhere. When 7:45 rolled around, the final guests were trickling in. As Heejin was about to start closing the doors, a tall blonde with a suitcase comes running full speed in her direction. 

"Please wait! I'm sorry, but is this the party being held by BlockBerry Creative?"

"Yes. You must be the DJ, right? I mean no harm, but what took you so long?"

"Originally my coworker was supposed to come, but he told me last minute that he had a blind date to go on. I'm so sorry about that."

"Oh well, that's fine. Do you see the girl over there by the DJ booth on the other end of the room? She couldn't figure out how to use the equipment. I would appreciate it if you could go help her out. Also, if I may ask, what is your name?"

"A, nice to meet you. I'm Jung Jinsoul, but my DJ name is Jingolas. Kinda silly but it works."

"Well Jingolas, there's a woman over there who needs help. Thanks for showing up given the short period of notice!"

"Thank you! I'll head over right now!"

With the smile of a proud wingwoman, Heejin gives herself a pat on the back. After this one, Lip definitely owed her.

 

KimLip's POV

I swear there's a WikiHow for everything! Downloading music mixing software on my laptop using the hotel wifi sounds like an absolute nightmare though. 

"Need help?"

There must be some kind of miracle on earth! I turned around, and the cute blonde DJ was right behind me! 

"Oh well I was pretty close to figuring it out, but sure. To be honest, I find this fascinating, but this machinery is just so complex."

"Sorry for being late. Originally my coworker was supposed to be the DJ, but he bailed on this. I was notified last minute."

"Well at least you have a reason. Don't worry, we were hanging in there are doing alright in your absence."

Darnit Jungeun! Saying that makes you sound like you don't want her to be here when you want the exact opposite!!! 

"Oh um...ok. According to the girl at the door you needed some saving. She told me to come over and lend some help. I'm Jinsoul by the way. DJ Jingolas if you prefer. I think I've seen you at the club a few times. "

"Oh yeah, my friends and I go there sometimes.. I'm Kim Jungeun by the way"

"The pronuncation of your name is unfortunate."

"Yeah so my friends call me KimLip or just Lip for short. Do that if you want. Or don't. Doesn't really matter to me or anything..."

"Haha Jingolas and Lippy. Weird but cute names, no? Alright, Lippy. Let me set up my equipment. Then I can teach you if you're interested?"

"I mean, sure that's cool. Totally."

Wow, I really need to learn how to speak properly.