Puzzle pt 2

Dancing with the Devil

Hyunjin's POV

"Hey, isn't that the cute boxer you were telling me about? The one who visited a few weeks ago and got your picture on the news?"

"Yep, that's her."

"So she met you a few weeks ago. You guys have texted each other - trust me I've caught you texting at work and watching her matches. Now you guys meet by chance?"

"She probably knew that she was doing this show but didn't know the challenges that would occur today, so now she meets you by chance again? Which manhwa is this?"

"A complex one? Still, you know how my parents have been trying to set me up with some wealthy guys? Well I finally caved in the other week, remember?"

"His name is Lee Hansol and he is actually really sweet! So now I don't know what to do. Help me eonnie!"

sigh "Well I don't really think I can help you with this situation. I've only ever liked one person at a time."

"Yeah, I understand, but you have had your FAIR SHARE of admirers."

"Well, don't lead them on obviously. Normally I would say to go with the one who you have more interactions and familiarity with, but you met both of them at roughly the same time. What about feelings? Do you favor one over the other?"

"Currently, although I met both of them at roughly the same time, I've had more interactions with Hansol. He's also the safer choice given the opinions of my parents."

"It's ultimately up to you. Follow both the instinct of your heart and your gut."

 

Heejin's POV

. There's only a minute left on the clock and none of my members have said anything. I found a clue on the owl shaped light in a store and haven't opened it yet. The owl was cute and reminded me of Lippie. I just might buy it for her. Not now, but later I'll obviously have to buy it. Distractions aside, I have no idea what the answer could be. Hmmm...

"Do you know if we can contact people other than those who are filming to get an answer?:

[Crew member]: "Yes, you can contact them, but you will probably have to reveal who you are calling."

"Oh, well that should be no problem. I'm going to try and contact my roomie KimLip."

*bbrrriinnnggg bbrrrrriinnnggg*

"Hello? Wassup Heekki? Aren't you supposed to be filming right now?"

"Yes, I am currently filming, and you are being recorded, so say hi to the viewers!"

"Oh um... Hello viewers of Running Man! My name is KimLip! I'm a close friend of Heejin. Since you called, I'm guessing you either need me to secretly say something or you want me to help you answer something. Which one is it?"

"The latter. Feel free to enlist the help of those around you as well. I'm assuming Yves is there too?"

"Um, Yves is actually out doing...meh I'll tell you about it later. I do have J-Jinsoul with me though?"

'Alright. Well then, here's what I wanted to know. From the words 'spring flowers', form a 7 letter word to answer this. If you wanted to know more about someone, you would go to their blank."

"Ummmm...social media? Wait no those letters aren't even in the words...umm...oh! Profile? Like social media profile! Will that work?"

"I think you might be onto something. . . . . . Yes! The crew members just confirmed that you are correct! Good thing that was correct, because we finished with 37 seconds left for the challenge. Thanks Lippie! Have fun hanging out with Jinsoul!" 

 

I frantically pat my pockets in search for my phone. Once I had it in my hands, I immediately text Haha and Jihyo the answer. Now we are one step closer to finishing this thing! Now that that has been taken care of, I should see what this clue has to offer.


Congrats. You have found a clue leading to the relic!

1 short of lucky, sadly I do be. You need not be wary of my leaves of 3. Find me anywhere, and snap a pic! Show that to the crew and that should do the trick!


Ok...so 3 leaves, 1 short of lucky...ohhhh! A 4 leaf clover! Well that should be easy to find.

Oh! Haha-ssi and Jihyo-ssi responded!


{Haha}: Thanks! Have you guys found any tools/clues so far?

{Jihyo}: Yes. I found a ticket that will allow all of us to reduce the size of our name tags by 25%. This means that it will be harder for the opponents to get to us.

{Haha}; I found a '5 minute revive' armband that will allow me to be revived for 5 minutes after I got out. Did you find anything Heejin?

{Heejin}: I found a clue related to the relic! One of us just has to find a regular clover, and we are set! 

*Picture sent*

{Haha}: In this urban area? Trying to find a clover may be more difficult than you think.

{Heejin}: Gotcha. 

{Jihyo}: Alright. Let's keep our eyes out for any clovers while we continue searching for clues. There are 2 clues remaining. Be careful though, because one of them will make our lives more difficult. To be fair, it is a 50/50 shot. Which words have we found the clue/tool for already?

{Haha}: I found the tool for 'prisoners'. How about you Heejin?

{Heejin}: I found the clue for 'owl'.

{Jihyo}: And I found the tool for 'wing'. So now, only the words 'profile' and 'pig' are left. Which one is it....

{Jihyo}: Heejin, how about you decide for us? 

{Heejin}: Sure, why not. I'll try to look for the last one.


In reality, I'll just keep my eye out for any signs of either. Whichever one I find first, I'll just grab the clue for that one.

 

Narrator's POV

For what felt like forever, Heejin roamed the busy streets of the urban area and tried desperately to find the last clue. Luckily, Jihyo and Haha both found some clovers already, so that is settled. Everyone was now looking for the last clue. Feeling tired, Heejin saw a petting café across the street. . . with a piglet inside! Quite conveniently, the piglet had a cute little hat and outfit with the Running Man logo on it! This was simply perfect for Heejin. A cute piggy AND a clue? Sign her up!

Just as Heejin was getting ready to enter the animal café, her worst enemies reared their faces in the window.

Birds.

A large group of them. A toucan, some budgies, and a cockatiel. Birds and Heejin never really got along well. They always swarmed around her for some reason, as if they were infatuated with her. Well, the feeling certainly isn't mutual. However, knowing that she is on camera, Heejin quickly collected herself and entered the petting café. Thank goodness she took her allergy meds already.

 

"Welcome to our animal petting café! You must be with Running Man, right?"

"Oh yes, I am. I noticed that your piglet over there is wearing an outfit with our logo on it. May I pet him/her and take the clue?"

"Please do! I mean, that is the point after all. Feel free to pet all of our animals! They are trained and very friendly! That goes for you too Mr. Cameraman!"

 

Without a second thought or even a glance in the birds' direction, Heejin made a beeline for the piglet. When she got to it, it's name tag said 'Tigger'. How ironic...

The piglet gave a cute little snort as Heejin removed a card that was hidden underneath the little pig's hat.

"If only life was as carefree as innocent as this piglet!" However, it's not. 

From the corner of Heejin's eye, another animal caught Heejin's eye. A small white rabbit wore a rainbow bow and a tailored yellow suit as it hopped around it's pen. The bunny and its cute outfit was Vividly etched into Heejin's mind. She would have to come back and visit the bunny later. Right now, she had a competition to win. Heejin opened the card...


Congrats. You have found a clue leading to a secret relic! Sadly, this will make life more difficult for you! The clock is now ticking. Once you arrive at your meeting spot, the clinic, you must try to find the relic within 10 minutes WITHOUT alerting the other team. Fail, and you will have to give up one of the tools you received! Succeed, and you will get an extra clue AND tool to use in later rounds. Good luck!

Find me behind closed doors. My charm is beyond compare. My charm cannot be contained. With a single beckon of my call, with skip and jolly hop, every animal draws near. 


...

 

Fast forward...

The time to search for clues had elapsed, and now all members of Team Yellow and Team White sat in the lobby of the veterinarian clinic. 

Both teams were nervous. They had tried their hardest to get the best time.  However, Heejin had the added pressure of having to resist Hyunjin's charms while they were on camera. Heejin knew that she could just act flirty and confident as she usually does, but there were too many people in the room. Besides, this show has more viewers all over Korea and the globe, so that didn't really feel appropriate at the moment. There's also Ryujin......

That, AND the fact that they had to search for that hidden relic. As soon as Heejin arrived, she told Haha and Jihyo about the clue, so the 2 now were skillfully looking around the lobby of the clinic and pretending to admire the establishment. This action, however, didn't go unnoticed by Sechan.

[Sechan]: "Why are you guys looking around so much? Moreover, why ISN'T Heejin-sshi moving around?"

[Jihyo]: "C'mon! Look at all of these interesting tools in the cabinet and cute pictures of animals on the wall! How could I resist?"

[Heejin]: "I've been here before. This was the clinic in that article. I should probably look around more though. Last time I was here I forgot my allergy meds and didn't get to fully appreciate the place." 

[Haha]: "I've also been talking to some of the other people here. They are so nice! They let me pet their dogs!

[Heejin]: That's a good idea Haha-sshi! We can go exploring and meet animals together!"

Before either of them could set out to "meet animals", a crew member walked in with two cards in his hand. It seemed like both groups had earned the clue!

Heejin triumphantly walked up to the crew member and took a card.


Congrats. You have found a clue about the identity of one of the moles. 

This mole spends an insane amount of time at the gym. More than your average person.

Special note. If you are one of the three moles and found this clue, then you have an added mission to do. The crew member traveling with you will brief you on what to do.


As she read the clue, Heejin's eyes widened. It was clear that this clue would make her seemed highly suspicious, but she wasn't a mole! How was she going to get past this? Well, confidence and self assurance was key. Keeping her head up, she calmly handed the card to Haha and Jihyo.

Immediately, Haha and Jihyo's eyes fell upon Heejin, then Jungkook. Their voices dropped to a whisper.

[Haha]: "Are you the mole Heejin? You certainly suit this clue pretty well."

[Heejin]: "I swear I'm not."

[Jihyo]: "Heejin, you do realize that this clue makes you sound like a prime suspect, right? You, Jungkook, and BM. That's the perfect gym trio."

[Heejin]: "Look, if it were me, why would I readily show this to you guys? I would have to talk to the crew member. Plus, aren't we all working together at this current stage?"

[Haha]: "I can't tell whether you are actually innocent and telling the truth or if this is a part of a mission that you were already assigned. Let's just focus on finding THAT thing."

 

At this moment, a soothing voice, refreshingly filled the air. A small smile reached Heejin's lips as she lifted her head and turned around. 

"Hi! Welcome to the clinic! I'm Dr. Kim Hyunjin! While today is a bit of a calmer day, I'd still be happy to guide both groups around for a quick break while we wait for your transportation and the other teams to finish their challenge."

7 minutes left on the clock.