Chapter 6: Talks and Laugh

Love, Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Five o'clock the next day, Chaewon woke up first and saw Ah In in the couch , mouth open and the sound of his snore echoes across the room. "If you're that tired why sleep in the couch." she sighed seeing her friend at the state.

 

She slowly opened the door of the guest room only to find out Minho isn't there anymore. He must've left early. She took the blanket and bring it over.

 

Quietly she went to Ah In, "Idiot, you didn't even put blanket on.". She covered him with the blanket she just brought out from the room.

 

She stared at him for a second and whispers to him, "I missed you, my friend.".

 

Then she prepared breakfast and pack some food in a container for Ah In to bring later.

 

 

Boom.

 

A sudden sound made her jump a little and saw her friend fell from the sofa. She laughs at him. "You're awake now? You really know the timing. Breakfast is ready."

 

Ah In, in his morning face and disheveled hair stood up from the fall and stretched a bit. "What time is it?"

 

"It's quarter to five."

 

He went to the kitchen, sat on the wooden stool chair and started eating the food Chaewon prepared.

 

"Good Morning.", Jiwon joins them in the kitchen.

 

Six in the morning, they're already in the basement, parking area. "Drive safe Hong Sik.", Chaewon using Ah In's real name from time to time just show's how close they are, just like how Ah In calls her by her nickname, Bbong, when he wants to.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Send my regards to them." She refers to his parents and siblings. She's close to his family since they live not too far from each other in Daegu.

 

"Umm. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

 

"Nah, I have to work tomorrow."

 

"Okay, then will go ahead."

 

"Umm."

 

"See you next week Chaewon.", Jiwon says.

 

"See you, bye."

 

 

Ah In used Chaewon's car since he doesn't have one yet. Before they drove off you could hear Ah In ask Jiwon where she wants to be dropped.

 

Chaewon went back inside after they exited the parking. Few minutes later Joo Won rang the intercom and Chaewon opened the door for him.

 

Soon as he enters, "Where's Hong Sik hyung?"

 

"Wow? You come here all of a sudden but you came here for Hong Sik and not me?"

 

"Yes I did, why? Where is he?"

 

"He already left. Jun Won-ah noona is kinda sad you only visit me when someone else comes here.", Chaewon did a sulking face trying to guilt-trip him.

 

"That's a waste, he sent me pictures of you last night and decided to come over early."

 

"Yah, didn't you hear me? I said I am sad."

 

"I heard. You talk like you visit me often.", he counters since Chaewon don't visit him much these days as well.

 

"Uh, heh.", she guiltily laughs. "Have you eaten?"

 

 

 

___

 

 

 

At the Lee's Corp. Yoo Ri came to Minho's office, she went inside without knocking. Since it's Sunday and supposedly day off, Minho didn't let his secretary know he's coming to work.

 

"You came later than I thought.", he says without any hint of surprise by her sudden entrance.

 

Her eyebrow raised, and starts to get more annoyed yet the well raised woman she is, she remained her calm. "How could you back-out few hours away from the event and informed me through text? How professional Minho-ssi."

 

"I'm sorry.", he plainly apologized. He clearly doesn't care much. To him, it's easier to utter those words when you care less but hard when you mean it.

 

"Tell me what is so important that you ditched me?"

 

"I'm busy, can we talk about this later?"

 

"You're not saying it." she stated the obvious.

 

Minho just kept doing his work.

 

"It's that girl.", she knows. She asked his secretary and knew he didn't go to work yesterday. There's no other reason than work but Moon Chae Won. She feels something she never had, is this what they call jealousy? Whatever it is, she shakes it off.

 

"Okay, lets see.", she challenges.

 

She walked away without saying anything more, she's pissed and she believes she, Kim Yoo Ri, doesn't deserve this treatment.

 

Yoo Ri, was met by her driver at the entrance. He opened and closes the door for her as she gets in. Soon as her driver got in the driver seat, she speaks to him.

 

"I need you to do something for me."

 

 

 

___

 

 

 

Sunday afternoon Jisoo got a message from Jung Shin, asking to meet at Moon빛 Café, 4pm.

 

"Are you finish yet?", Jung Shin asked Jisoo who is still indulging the remaining foods she ordered.

 

She chewed and swallows, "Why? Are you in a hurry or something? Moon빛 is open til midnight, chill.".

 

Jung Shin can't help but complain in secret, "Have you been starving yourself? How can you eat that much rice? Is your favorite food, rice?".

 

Jisoo gulp down her water, "It is.".

 

"Wow? For real?", she nods acknowledging it.

 

After they had their early dinner, they went straight to Moon빛 Café. It's already half past six when they arrived.

 

Jisoo, hop off his motorbike and took of her helmet. She looks to her side as she tidied her long dark hair with her fingers. "There's Chaewon eonni.".

 

Jung Shin felt excited, he'll finally get to see her again. His face is painted with big smile and turns to Chaewon's direction, who just went out of the cafe.

 

Jung Shin is mesmerized by Chaewon's beauty once again. Her side profile is just perfect. He could see her lips curling upwards, she's smiling to someone. Slowly, she raised her hand in level to her face, she's waving at someone. He got curious to who it would be and turned to see a very expensive car that he's so familiar with.

 

"Eonni.", he could hear Jisoo calling as she runs to her. While his eyes are glued to the car who just parked.

 

"Please not him.", he says to himself. And when the man went out from the car, he already knew it's who he thinks he is just by his hair. He knows the man so well. "Hyung."

 

In the distance, Chaewon stopped her tracks when a voice called her name, "Jisoo-ssi.".

 

"Eonni, you're going already?"

 

"Oh, I'm about to. Are you alone?"

 

"No, I'm here with a friend. You actually know him, wait.", she turns to Jung Shin only to find the area, empty. "Where did he go?"

 

Chaewon's furrows in confusion, "Who?"

 

She faced her again, "Jung Shin."

 

"Jung Shin?"

 

"Yeah, he's my age."

 

"I'm not sure I know a Jung Shin at your age."

 

"You must've forget, he said he hasn't seen you in a while."

 

"Chaewon."

 

"Oh, Minho."

 

"Hi. I'm sorry, I didn't know you have someone to meet."

 

"No, it's okay. By the way, this is Jisoo, a neighbor. And this is my boyfriend, Minho."

 

"Ohhhh. Hi, glad to finally

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter