Chapter 13: Her Past and His Future

Love, Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who is she?"

"Kim YooRi"

"Kim YooRi," she repeated.

Minho could sense something from her face. So he asked, "Do you know her?" Chaewon just half nodded her head.

"How?" He asked with worry starting to build up on him.

"She dropped by the cafe," she sighed lowly. "There was a little incident, but now I guess it was intentional."

Chaewon has also told him she was invited by her to the famous K-Malls restaurant. He asked for details and so she told him what time she was coming over.

The night later, Chaewon and YeonJoo went to the said restaurant.

Chaewon was there for one thing, she came in hope to meet YooRi. She doesn't know what she would say to her, but she pushed that worries aside. She knew she'll somehow manage when she actually get to see her.

Chaewon suddenly froze the moment her eyes laid at the person standing few feet away. "Si Hoooppa," she managed to say in a very low voice.

Si Hoo mirrored her frozen state. "Chawon-ah," he called in disbelief.

Outside the restaurant, Minho has just arrived. He went straight to follow Chaewon after he was done with his work. He wasn't worried what Chaewon would do. He knew for sure she wouldn't cause a scene. What he was worried was what state Chaewon would be when she gets to talk to YooRi.

He searched the room and saw Yoon Jeo at the buffet area. He approached her and she jerked a bit with his sudden appearance. "Where's Chaewon?"

She turned to him and bowed a little before she answered, "She went over there." She pointed behind him.

He thanked her briefly and walked away before she could even bow at him.

From the corner of his eyes he could spot Chaewon's familiar figure. He turned his head to confirm what he saw. It wasn't clear but he knew it was Chaewon. She was with someone he doesn't know. Quickly he made his way to follow her but he unfortunately bumped to a little girl who was holding a plate of some sweets.

"I'm sorry," he said but the little girl cried as her cakes fell completely on the carpeted floor. He hissed and looked back to the exit where he saw Chaewon and that man passed through. He sighed seeing she was no longer there.

The cry of the young girl caught the other visitor's attention so he called a waiter over and immediately the waiter came to help them. "Could you please help this little girl," he asked and the waiter gladly did what he has to do.

Before heading off he bent down to level the little girl's height. "I'm sorry, I have urgent matter. Would you let ahjussi go, it would really mean a lot to me."

Thankfully the little girl was very understanding. She sniffed few times before wiping off her tears and replied, "It’s okay mister, you should go."

He thanked her and sped off. He reached the outside of the restaurant but he couldn't find Chaewon anywhere. He took his phone from his pocket. Worried he would disturb some important matter, he opted to send her a message.

In the cafe located on the ground floor of the mall, there Chaewon and Si Hoo shared an awkward silence. No one knows what they were waiting for. Nothing has been spoken yet besides “how are you.”

Chaewon pursed her lips gathering some courage to ask him, "How's your daughter?"

Si Hoo lifted up his gaze to look at her face. "She looks nothing like me but she got some of my traits," he beamed proudly.

She felt a tear forming in her eyes, not because she was hurt but because she felt happy seeing how happy he was talking about his daughter. "What's her name?"

"Si Yeon"

She bobbed her head, "Pretty name." He smiled in response. "What are you here for by the way?"

"A group of film directors, writers and producers are having a gathering," he started to felt less stiff and shifted a bit looking for a more comfortable position. "You know how we get some good deals on this kind of events."

She nodded, knowing too well. "Do you still work with..." she trailed off feeling the bitter past she had with that woman who ended up marrying Si Hoo instead of her.

"No," he saved her from stuttering. Again, the atmosphere felt heavy with the mention of the woman who ruined their past. It was silent between them once again. It wasn't for long though when he revealed, "We got divorced."

Chaewon almost gasped but she managed to remain calm-looking, though she wasn't on the inside. How? Why is he saying this? Why now? Those were few of the questions battling on her mind. "She was so in love with you."

"She set me free few months ago."

 

* * *

 

Back in the restaurant, YooRi was enjoying the show she planned. To haveChaewon‘accidentally meet’ with her ex-fiancé, Park Si Hoo. She was watching from the second level of the restaurant. There was a huge opening that you could see what was below. She smirked through her glass of wine. What was more satisfying was the unexpected appearance of Minho.

Minho could feel a pair of eye watching over him from above. He knew who it was before he even turned to look up. He went to her shortly after their eyes met.

Now, they seated across each other.

"I didn't know you could be this sweet, thanks for visiting me." She said cro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter