Chapter 2: His Haven

Love, Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Few weeks later, on a Saturday. Chaewon got up earlier than she used to. Starting her day with a cup of coffee and prepared her stuffs that she packed few days ago. She’s going to visit her hometown. It’s her parents 27th anniversary.

 

She decided not to bring a car so she could relax on her way. She took a cab going to the subway and from there she took a train going to Daegu. A little over an hour later she arrived at Daegu train station and took another cab going to the restaurant where they will be celebrating their parents wedding anniversary.

 

It’s few hours before lunch time and she clearly have plenty of time to drop by a flower shop and buy one for her parents.

 

Few minutes after, she arrived at the restaurant. Outside the restaurant, her brother Jun Won who goes by the name Joo Won was waiting for her as she requested to meet her outside when she arrives.

 

Joo Won walked towards his sister to help her with the things she brought. “Minho hyung?” he asked as he tried to take the bouquet she’s holding.

 

“Yah! If you’re going to help take the bag instead.” he took the bag and as soon as Chaewon’s other hand is free from the bag she’s holding she gave her brother a light hit in his head. They just laugh it out.

 

“You go ahead.”. Chaewon nodded and gave him a smile. As she went inside Joowon went to his car to put her things that isn’t needed for the lunch celebration.

 

 

By the time Chaewon got into their table she greeted her parents and handed the flower to her mom as she kissed her and then gave her dad a hug. “Happy anniversary.”

 

They had a small conversation in between their meal. “Such a waste Minho wasn’t able to make it here.” her mom said.

 

“How long has it been since we last saw him?” her dad added

 

“Naah, I don’t even see him with noona that much to think we’re both in Seoul.” says her brother

 

Chaewon had the urge to defend her boyfriend and said “He says he’s sorry and that he’ll make it up soon as he gets the chance to.”

 

“It’s okay, we understand what kind of situation he’s in.” her mother gave her an assurance that it’s okay and they’re not angry or something.

 

“Well, chaebol.” Joowon shrugged his shoulders and tilts his head a little. Chaewon upon hearing it glares at her brother. “What?” Joowon says, raising his eyebrows.

 

“Always remind him to take care of himself despite being busy.” her dad added

 

“I will.” as she gave her parents a smile. “Oh!” Chaewon exclaims as she remembers something. “Here, it’s Minho’s gift for your anniversary. He knows you won’t take a trip overseas so this is the least he thought of.”, she puts an envelope on the table and her dad took a look at what’s inside.

 

“A trip to Jeju.”

“We don’t need this, but tell him we’re thankful.”

 

“I will tell him, he’ll be happy you accepted it.”

 

“Use it, don’t let it go to waste.” Junwon added.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter