Chapter 16: Proposal

Love, Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few months later.

 

"My friends!" Ji Won shouted excitedly as she approached them and gave Chaewon a tight hug.

 

Ji Won handed a small pot of flower, "Congratulations for the opening of your restaurant, my friends."

 

"Thanks Jiwonie," Ah In pinched her cheek hard that made her winced.

 

"How about Yoon Park? Why aren't you together?" asked Chaewon.

 

"Ah I don't know!"

 

"You guys haven't even dated for that long but you're already fighting nonstop," joked Ah In.

 

Ji Won rolled her eyes at him, "His probably on his way, together with Joo Won."

 

Ah In and Chae Won has finally opened their restaurant after two months of planning and renovation.

 

 

Inside, Jisoo and Eunwoo are having a chat with each other.

 

"How long did it take for you to move on from eonni?" Jisoo asked.

 

"I'm not sure." He simpered. "I wasn't paying attention to it that much. Maybe it's because I didn't hope she'll return my feelings that I never really thought of moving on. One sided feeling are painful at some point but being aware and accepting your position in someones life and not imposing anything makes it less harder to let go of the person."

 

Jisoo bobbed her head slightly, "Ow, you talk a lot more now."

 

He smiled, "Loving someone doesn't mean they have to love you back."

 

"I agree, but why is it so painful." Jisoo looked outside and saw Jung Shin with Yoon Hye. "Speaking of heartbreak," she pouted and Eun Woo turned to where she was looking at.

 

 

"Eunwoo-ya!" In the midst of his conversation with Jisoo, Se Jeong patted his back hard from behind him.

 

He grimaced and gave her a sharp looks. He recognized that voice.

 

"I'm sorry," Se Jeong apologized half heartedly. "Hi, I'm Se Jeong," she offered a hand to Ji Soo.

 

Ji Soo smiled at her, "Hi, I'm Jisoo."

 

Se Jeong gave them a look. "Girlfriend?"

 

Eun Woo just ignored her and Ji Soo was the one who denied.

 

"Why are you here?" Eun Woo asked.

 

Se Jeong sat beside him. "I saw you from the outside and it looked like its an opening, then Ah In oppa saw me and invited me. I can join your table right?"

 

 

* * *

 

 

Min Ho visited his father's office. It only happens once in a while and his visits has always been related to work, but this time it was something more personal.

 

"I have exposed all those who were involved in embezzlement and have secured the future of the company." He said lengthily.

 

His father bobbed his head. He was proud.

 

"Everything you have asked me to do, I believe I've all accomplished it," he continued. "I remember I asked you to mold me into someone who deserves the company when I was young, thinking that was the most important thing in my life."

 

His father slightly smiled as he was reminded of the young Min Ho coming to his office when he was so busy with work, just to ask him to train him.

 

Min Ho grew up seeing his father working day and night as if the company was something so important that his father paid more attention to it than their family. He remembered his father always making an excuse saying, "I'm sorry Min Ho, I have something important to do, can we do this next time?"

 

At the age of twelve he promised himself he'll do his best for the company thinking if he run it himself, his father will finally have more time for him.

 

He studied hard and graduated. When he was old enough he realized it wasn't about getting more time with his father anymore. It was what he had to do as the successor of the company. His mother has been telling him he had to do well and he had to do it right so no one would find fault in him.

 

He dedicated his life to the company for his parents.

 

Yet now, he had something more important to him than all the wealth and privilege the company has to offer him.

 

"But now I've found something more important than all this."

 

His father raised an eyebrow looking at him. "More important? What is more important than what you have now?" His voice was calm yet intimidating.

 

Min Ho gathered all his courage and finally said, "I'm not marrying Yoo Ri."

 

His father shifted on his seat, adding more tension to the atmosphere. "What nonsense are you saying?"

 

"I don't love her."

 

His father knew. Everyone does. "I didn't ask you to marry her for love. Not everyone marries for love."

 

"But I will."

 

His father furrowed in curiosity, then he laughed. "Don't tell me there's someone made you want to marry for love."

 

His father knew he was dating, dumping and again dating another one. He didn't really care and refused to hear reports about his son's love affair as it was unnecessary. That as long as he was capable in running the company his love affairs won't be enough to take him down from his successor position. He knew love was a game to Min Ho.

 

Min Ho's silence made his father turned serious.

 

He studied his son's expression and found the answer to his own question. "You do."

 

Min Ho anxiously gulped down. He didn't want his father to know about Chae Won not until he approves of him marrying anyone he wants to. He knew his father didn't care about who he dates because his relationships before were only short lived. But he knew his father could easily find out anything about him as well.

 

He was afraid it might bring harm to Chae Won.

 

"Who is it?"

 

"I've done what I could to the company. I saved it before anything could get worse. Please, just this once, I want to go for something I really own."

 

"Something you really own? Love?" His father huffed. "I once believed in love, too bad it wasn't for everyone."

 

His father leaned his back on his seat as he continued, "I was angry. I felt it was unfair. I had to marry your mother and thought I would hate this marriage for all my life but I was wrong. Love? Sometimes it can be taught."

 

"Father." His voice was pleading.

 

His father looked at him in the eyes, "And sometimes it can't be, even if forced." He smiled.

 

"Father," his voice turned soft.

 

"Who is it? I have to know to be able to thank her."

 

Min Ho felt warm. He felt his father's affection. Something he hasn't felt in so long. "Thank you, dad."

 

"I'm happy for you son." He stood up from his seat and patted Minho's shoulder, "But you have to take full responsibility of the mess with Kim Yoo Ri."

 

Min Ho nodded. It's gonna be a long apology for the Kim's side but he's ready for it.

 

Min Ho went to meet his mother before he heads out of the mansion.

 

"My precious son." The woman opened his arms to give him a warm welcome. "What brings you here?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter