Chapter 8: A Future with Him?

Love, Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Welcome customer, please come in," a staff ushered Yoo Ri inside the store.

 

Yoo Ri took her time studying the fashion sense of the shop's owner, "Not bad."

 

"Do you need assistance ma'am?" the staff asked.

 

"What's the most expensive here?" she asked in return.

 

The staff guided her to the limited edition corner where the most expensive clothes are.

 

She checked the priced and said, "This isn't expensive" in a barely audible voice.

 

"Yes?" the staff asked for pardon politely.

 

"Nothing," she said. "I've heard this was an art studio before?"

 

"Yes ma'am, it was since a year ago."

 

"Mmm," she turns to the sales lady holding a limited edition coat, "I'll get this one."

 

She paid for it and several other items. When she's out she's met by her driver and took the shopping bags for her.

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Jung Shin on his motor bike heading for work spotted Kim Yoon Hye sneakily walked out from a restaurant; he pulled to the side and gets off to meet her.

 

"Kim Yoon Hye!" he shouted from a distance.

 

She immediately turned to the voice and saw Jung Shin who's clearly messing with her. "Yah!" she turns toward the direction where she left her driver, and fakes a smile.

 

Her driver walks over to them, "Miss Kim, you're not trying to sneak off right?" he asked knowing she did. It's not the first time she tricked him, not a surprise.

 

"Of course not. I saw Jung Shin so I'm here to greet a friend, right?" she knew her excuse is senseless but she tried anyway.

 

"Woah. Yoon Hye-ya that's not convincing. Ahjussi, would you believe that?" he teased. She just rolled her eyes, as expected there's really nothing you could expect from him.

 

"Well, as ridiculous at it sounds it's actually true," Yoon Hye is dazed hearing his words.

 

He has always been busting her when they were younger, 'am I seeing a change in him?' she thoght to herself.

 

After Jung Shin bailed her out from her driver, "Did I hear it right? You? Helping me out? Are you really Jung Shin?"

 

"You don't want to? I can return you back this instant," he turned to the man who has yet drove off.

 

"You are," she answers her own question. "You still have it in you. The Jung Shin I know," she shakes her head.

 

"And you're still the same Yoon Hye," he counters with a big smile on his face.

 

"I can see five years in States is not enough to make you a likable person," she said not really meaning it.

 

Despite them being the same age, Yoon Hye preferred to hang out with Il Woo and Minho who are older than her. They treat her like a princess while Jung Shin always teases her; on top of that he loves to prank her and busting her was his hobby.

 

Jung Shin left for America five years ago, and since he came back they haven't really spent time catching up due to different schedules.

 

"Where are you heading? I'll send you there," he offered.

 

Yoon Hye gladly took it, "Just drive, I'll tell you which way."

 

She took the spare helmet and they hopped on.

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Late after at Moon빛 Clothing. Chaewon went to her clothing business late already compared to normal days. Though being the business owner, she doesn't want to sit at home and wait for daily reports to come her way.

 

She chose to work hands-on for her clothing business rather than the cafe business since it's more convenient and a lot less crowded.

 

Despite being hands-on though, as the owner, she still has the freedom to go back and forth from her two businesses and personal needs.

 

"Miss Moon," the staff greeted.

 

"Oh, how's the sales today? Is it bad again?" she asked. Lately they're not selling really well; actually, her clothing business runs for a year now and barely did well.

 

"Actually, thanks to one customer who bought half the items from limited editions, we did really well. It's the best we had in weeks."

 

slightly opened in o shape expressing her amazement. "That's very fortunate, I guess coming late isn't bad after all when you get good sales like this in return." She smiles at her employees, "Good job everyone."

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Yoo Ri arrived at Lee's Corporation; she's here to visit Minho.

 

"Here's the item your looking for Miss Kim," her driver hands her one shopping bag from earlier. She took it and thanked him.

 

"Should I send the rest of the bags at your unit or at the mansion, Ms. Kim?" he asked.

 

She turned to him "Send all of them to your daughter, I don't need them," she told him straight before she started walking in the building.

 

The driver stood speechless for a second before thanking her who's already at a distance. She didn't bother to turn back or reply, she doesn't really care.

 

 

Knock. Knock.

 

Minho's secretary knocked twice before opening the door. "Excuse me sir, Miss Kim is here," she announced; though she need not to as Yoo Ri followed inside moment later, not willing to wait for permission.

 

Upon seeing her face, he leaned back on his seat, "It's okay Secretary Nam," he says dismissing her.

 

She excuses herself from the two while Yoo Ri took a seat on the large couch of the meeting space.

 

"What brings you here?" he asked uninterested.

 

"Send me home," she said as she turned her head to look at him.

 

Minho snickers, "You think I could just do as you say without prior notice?" he said. He has already plans for the evening.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter